Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mikesira

That didn't took long,

Gizmodo got their hands on the Zune HD and did a quick video for your delight

I must say that I'm very surprise how good this device looks and if the price is right I believe this could
be a strong contender to the iPod Touch.
Whats your toughs?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Well, the iPod touch is pretty lame, so it wouldn't surprise me if this does better. What really disappointments me is that if you actually want to hook it up to an HDTV, you need to carry a dock with you. I was hoping for a simple HDMI imput/output. My personal MP3 player of choise is the iPod classic. It's got lots of space, and no lame touch control. Browers on the iPhone are great, but WiFi browsers aren't something I look for in an MP3 player.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

I'm honestly surprised at how beautiful it looks all-black. If it can function well as a music player (which touchscreen devices notoriously have trouble with, durr) I'll probably buy it. That OLED is fucking gorgeous as well, jeez. The interface looks amazing now too. I just hope that guy was bungling around because he didn't know where to touch, not because the touching didn't register very well.

Anyway yeah, if they release it in black, if the battery life exceeds 30 hours, and if it comes with app support and a decent browser (and a decent fucking wifi receiver, not like the previous generation of Zune's, which sucked dick) this should be a great device. And if Microsoft somehow manages to pull 64 GB out of their ass, then it won't even be funny.

Here's hoping they actually manage to fit an equalizer in too :-/
TooWalrus said:
Well, the iPod touch is pretty lame, so it wouldn't surprise me if this does better. What really disappointments me ... [more]
I'm still hoping that the dock consists of a small dongle at most, if not just a cable. We'll see.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

I have an iPhone and a Zune 80. I probably won't be picking this up, but I hope it does very well.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By pirate_republic

It actually looks pretty cool. I probably won't get one for a few years (by which time a better one will be out) but the zune team has put a lot of work into this.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alexander

Why is it that people can't handle close up shots without a blurry as hell image? I'm getting lots of detail on that carpet - fantastic.

SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By SenatorSpacer

That looks pretty awesome, no signs of games on it.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Demyx

I'm in need of a new MP3 player, so I'll probably get this.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By CL60

I'll stick with my touch.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Ok, I'll admit the screen is pretty nice; and it looks thinner than the previous Zune's.

...But what the hell happened to the squircle and two side buttons? I love that design on my 80 GB, that is what makes a Zune..well, a Zune.