A Gamer Looks at 25...

gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By gin_orphan

In almost no way is a 25 year old meant to feel too aged to do much of anything, but for me it feels like lately I am told on an almost daily basis I am getting too old for something. Games are a part of my life, and have been for as long as I can remember. Some of my strongest memories of childhood revolve around the games I played alone or with friends, at my home or in the arcades, which during the late 80's and early 90's which made up my formative years, seemed to be everywhere. Now, gaming has gained momentum in ways unimagined in my youth, and yet it is still seen as a lesser hobby, even by those whose evenings frequently consist of reality television, arguably the most vapid pastime ever invented. In many ways I accept that gaming is a rejection of mature pursuits, but I reject as false the assertion that it is not as worthy a pursuit as most.
That being said, I have changed as a gamer. I don't know when exactly it happened, but I no longer will suffer through a tedious or frustrating experience just to beat a game. My "Shame Pile" of unbeaten games has grown from a pile to a mountain, which will never be summited. I spend as much time reading about games or listening to podcasts about them while at work, as I do playing them. But I don't see myself ever "growing out of it". Maybe I'll wane for a while, and there are times where I am sure to indulge a bit too deeply, at the cost of more important endeavors, but this isn't a phase.
I hope to someday be able to share my passion of gaming, both video and traditional, with my children and their children. To pass along sage advice about the way things were in what will be known to me as the golden era of gaming, when I was a child, discovering all that the games of what will be then a bygone era had to offer. I look to the future, to redefine what the limits of this medium will bring. Games like Heavy Rain, and the continuation of the Mass Effect storyline excite me with all the same wonderment and joy I felt as a child, as I unboxed my NES, complete with my very own NES Zapper, with it's light metallic "ping" which registered my every fired shot, whether it be at ducks, clay pigeons, or redneck assassins in the backwaters of Louisiana. Seriously, Bayou Billy, what the fuck?

gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gin_orphan

In almost no way is a 25 year old meant to feel too aged to do much of anything, but for me it feels like lately I am told on an almost daily basis I am getting too old for something. Games are a part of my life, and have been for as long as I can remember. Some of my strongest memories of childhood revolve around the games I played alone or with friends, at my home or in the arcades, which during the late 80's and early 90's which made up my formative years, seemed to be everywhere. Now, gaming has gained momentum in ways unimagined in my youth, and yet it is still seen as a lesser hobby, even by those whose evenings frequently consist of reality television, arguably the most vapid pastime ever invented. In many ways I accept that gaming is a rejection of mature pursuits, but I reject as false the assertion that it is not as worthy a pursuit as most.
That being said, I have changed as a gamer. I don't know when exactly it happened, but I no longer will suffer through a tedious or frustrating experience just to beat a game. My "Shame Pile" of unbeaten games has grown from a pile to a mountain, which will never be summited. I spend as much time reading about games or listening to podcasts about them while at work, as I do playing them. But I don't see myself ever "growing out of it". Maybe I'll wane for a while, and there are times where I am sure to indulge a bit too deeply, at the cost of more important endeavors, but this isn't a phase.
I hope to someday be able to share my passion of gaming, both video and traditional, with my children and their children. To pass along sage advice about the way things were in what will be known to me as the golden era of gaming, when I was a child, discovering all that the games of what will be then a bygone era had to offer. I look to the future, to redefine what the limits of this medium will bring. Games like Heavy Rain, and the continuation of the Mass Effect storyline excite me with all the same wonderment and joy I felt as a child, as I unboxed my NES, complete with my very own NES Zapper, with it's light metallic "ping" which registered my every fired shot, whether it be at ducks, clay pigeons, or redneck assassins in the backwaters of Louisiana. Seriously, Bayou Billy, what the fuck?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Good first blog. Welcome to the bomb.

gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gin_orphan

Thanks, I am a big fan of the Bombcast, and have been following the Endurance Run for a while as I try to beat Persona 4, after a decade of swearing off JRPG's. This is an amazing site, and I hope to contribute in some small way.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Jayge said:
" Good first blog. Welcome to the bomb. "
Good, but it could be better. That said, does every gamer have some variant of the Shame Pile? I sort of have one, too, but I'm not sure if me and this guy are the only ones :P.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seedofpower

Yeah, I started to feel the same way around the time I got my A.A. and started my bachlors. But I try not to let it get to me, I mean I feel like this will always be a hobby and when ever I get into the mood and the world is stressing me out. I can always pop in some CS, own some face and forget about it.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Absurd
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Jayge said:
Good, but it could be better. That said, does every gamer have some variant of the Shame Pile? I sort of have one, too, but I'm not sure if me and this guy are the only ones :P. "
I have a shame pile that I'm not ashamed of.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seedofpower
@Gin_Orphan:  Oh yeah, welcome to the forums.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Absurd said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" @Jayge said:
Good, but it could be better. That said, does every gamer have some variant of the Shame Pile? I sort of have one, too, but I'm not sure if me and this guy are the only ones :P. "
I have a shame pile that I'm not ashamed of. "
I have a huge list of 100+ games to beat. I haven't actually started playing most of them, but I still have the list. What's worse is that most of them are RPGs.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Welcome! I'm in the same boat, but I'm only 22. Once I graduated from college, I found myself playing significantly less than I ever had. I guess it is just a need to balance everything. 

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By ki11tank

games are for all ages nowadays, its as simple as that,  do what makes you happy man.  as for my games shame pile, i don't really have one if i like a game i will try and complete all i can.  if not it just doesn't get done, no way is going to a shame pile.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive

cool beans dude. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude

Wait until you're 44 years old and then go... What the fuck? I'm still playing games? I would not change a thing.

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By whyzenheimer

Welcome.

Now that you're comfortable, grow a pair and live your life like you want to.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By oldschool
@Claude said:
" Wait until you're 44 years old and then go... What the fuck? I'm still playing games? I would not change a thing. "
...... and then wait until you are 48  :-)

People who don't play computer games just don't get it.  It is their loss.  Half the fun is the community feel of games and for me that is playing games with my kids, for others, their mates.  Just make friends only with gamers  :-)
gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gin_orphan
@MisoRonery said:
"Welcome.Now that you're comfortable, grow a pair and live your life like you want to."

It's not a question of living my life, I'm doing that. I was hoping to strike up a conversation about what exactly changes in a person, specifically a (once) hardcore gamer, as they transition into an adult, with all the responsibilities, mortgages and social expectations of one. I believe in games as an entertainment medium for all ages, and think that most of you do as well. That being said, there is a serious social stigma associated with gaming that rivals that of some recreational drugs. Why does this exist, and how will it be combated in the future? As a eligible bachelor, I have to explain my gaming rig to every woman who enters my abode, something which wouldn't be necessary for a DVD collection, a CD collection, or hell, a stamp collection. It is a hurdle over which I no longer feel I should have to bound.
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Alex_Murphy

"I spend as much time reading about games or listening to podcasts about them while at work"

If you worked for me I would be pretty pissed off about that. I mean if I'm paying somebody to do a job, and while on the clock they go off and do their own thing, then that's kinda like stealing money out of my pocket. If I ever start a company I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep people from doing that kind of stuff when they're at work.

On another subject, I wouldn't exactly call it a "shame" to not finish a game. Some games just aren't that good and you loose interest. I've got Kameo around here somewhere, but I got bored with it and even tho I've been meaning to go back and mine some more points out of the game, I doubt I ever will.

gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gin_orphan
@Alex_Murphy:
Well, Alex, I appreciate your commentary on my job performance, but ask any Sysadmin, and they'll tell you that their iPod is a crucial part of their job. First, there is no "clock" at my job, and I am sorry if there is one at yours. Second, pretty much every study on the subject confirms that things like listening to music increases performance. Third, when you start a company, and prevent your employees from having any distractions around their desks, please let me know how that works out for you. Of course I suppose this depends on your job. If/when you interact with clients/customers, having an iPod would certainly negatively affect their perception of you, but in my case, I think this doesn't apply, and I certainly don't drag my earbuds into meetings or conferences. Thanks for the protip though, buddy.
DrewInJapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DrewInJapan
@Gin_Orphan: It's just part of getting older. It may be trite to say "you're only as old as you feel," but there is some truth to that. I just turned 40 2 months ago and took some time to reflect on that. (Nicest bit of reflective wisdom - 40 doesn't feel as old at 30 when you get there.) I still play games, as I have been doing for over 30 years. I don't want to quit doing that and see no reason while I should. I have a boss (2 years younger than me) who's also a serious gamer. There are plenty of adults to game and are not ashamed of it. Me, I enjoy the hell out of it.

And as you get older, your options really open up. A very welcome development, as your time for gaming almost always decreases. You will (hopefully) have more disposable income, and you'll most likely be in full control of your own purchases. Want to put together the gaming setup you've always dreamed of? Do it! Want to go nuts with your next PC build? Feel free!

Being an means you have more responsibilities, but you also have more freedom. You may think the younger gamers today have all the options with consoles, games and HDTVs, but they're not the ones making the final decisions on what they get and when they get it.

Somebody older is. ^.^
Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Jambones

Welcome to Giantbomb, Gin_Orphan.

I am almost 27 and absolutely love gaming. I recently have been having an early midlife crisis of sorts due to my current situation (Immigrant to the US amongst other things) so I've been thinking a lot about things and this seems to be something that comes up a lot in my mind.

However, I am fortunate enough to have kids who love games, and I can see the joy that playing the games bring. For example, my four year old is psyched to play Monkey Island and learn about "that ghost pirate", and we like to talk about games. We played the demo of Trine together tonight and she was into that--She hates the skeletons, but loves the main characters.

I know that my tastes in games has definitely changed since I was younger though. I find myself much more in it for the story and characters, but with games really coming of age we get the best of both worlds.

You'll have to forgive me if I am a little incoherent. It's about 6:07 am and I haven't slept yet. Been busy messing around with the computer and other matters ;-) So I will just say "welcome" again before I fall asleep on the keyboard.

gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gin_orphan

@DrewInJapan:
@Jambones:
It is refreshing to hear from men who have children who still find time for their passion for gaming.

Drew, did you end up in Japan as part of the JET program by any chance? One of my good university friends is there right now, and has been putting a small amount of pressure on me to try the ex-patriot experience out.

Jambones, your children sound precocious, instilling an early fear of LeChuck and animated skeletons is important in any child's development.

This is my first night active on the forums here, and I am staying up waaaaay past my bedtime, but am having a hard time sleeping. Good luck finding your way to the bedroom, mate.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Jambones
@Gin_Orphan: Fortunately, I am in my bedroom already :-)

And speaking of DrewInJapan, I need to figure out how to set up Japanese input in Windows! Many more hours awake I imagine.
simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By simon1

37 years old and still enjoy gaming as much now as i did when i had my Spectrum 48K.  It was harder a few years ago when the kids were a little younger and less time was spent playing games.  Now they are older, they seem to be out a lot more and I work 3 days a week so plenty of time to play a few games (not that i'm any good still :-) ).  Also, it's great being able to play video games with the kids and make them the excuse that the reason you bought singstar was for them ;-)

There are times though when my wife walks in while i'm playing a game (say killzone 2 ) and walks out again shaking her head as if to say " aren't you a little to old to be playing games still"  :-)
Luberik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Luberik

I myself am 25 (turned that 3 weeks ago), and gaming has been a passion since my first donkey kong, when the game was 'console' itself. A new game, well, was buying a new machine (small though) basically.
When I'm 60 I'll probably love gaming just as much as now. Maybe my attention will have shifted from playing games to reading and hearing about them, as I love that just as much. Games with attention to the artstyle, story, like Grim Fandango are awesome in my eyes. But gameplay s equally important.
I've followed Jeff, Ryan, Brad and so when they still were on Gamespot, and have made a schoolarticle about Jeff being fired, starting up the giantblog and turning it into a community as giantbomb. Seeing how the gaming community followed Jeff to his Blog and start up something new, shows how much respect he gained over the years. My article was about how internetcommunities can be translated to real life situations, conflicts and History in general. Giantbomb has proven that people who work hard on something and stay true to their beliefs, gain followers & respect from all over the globe, age-class aside.
Giantbomb basically takes the excisting gamingsite-concepts and lets users of the site see them as a person, not just as articles about games.

So welcome to the site, enjoy!

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Keyser_Soze

You've hit the big 2 - 5, all downhill from there. Start thinking about getting married and kids and shit.

gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gin_orphan
@Luberik:
Von woher im Deutschland kommen Sie? Ich habe Deutsch studiert für fast sieben Jahre, und habt im Dänemark für vier Monate gelebt, als ich im Universität war.
DrewInJapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DrewInJapan
@Gin_Orphan said:
"

@DrewInJapan:
@Jambones:
It is refreshing to hear from men who have children who still find time for their passion for gaming.

Drew, did you end up in Japan as part of the JET program by any chance? One of my good university friends is there right now, and has been putting a small amount of pressure on me to try the ex-patriot experience out.

"
Kids? Who said anything about having kids? ^.^

Part of the reason I'm able to enjoy my life the way I do is that I have no little ones underfoot. Nor will I. It's a decision I made many years ago and one that my current GF is more than cool with.

I came to Japan just about 5 years ago (Sept. 1st is my "Japaniversary") after having worked in Korea as a teacher for two years. I came here with no job lined up but a substantial nest egg to live off of while I searched. Fortunately I landed a gig 17 days after I got here and have been actively employed ever since. (Oh, and I teach preschool and kindergarten, so my reasons for not having kids having nothing to do with not liking the little buggers. Really, I'm just too selfish to share my toys.)

If you have the chance to experience the expat lifestyle, I wholeheartedly recommend it.
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Disgaeamad
@Claude said:
" Wait until you're 44 years old and then go... What the fuck? I'm still playing games? I would not change a thing. "
Oh Claude, 44 or not, most of us would party and play games with you until we collapsed
Luberik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Luberik
@Gin_Orphan:

not from Germany :). It's close though >>> Belgium.
Dutch and german are mistaken sometimes beause of similarities in the language.

@Keyser: married, kids? I like to keep my life for me for the moment :p. My sis is 2 years older, got married at 25, moved in with her hb, thinking about kids.
I'm taking my time...
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By penguindust
HA! Come fretting to me when you're 40 and then we'll compare notes.  I've been at this hobby on and off since the 1970s, but I keep at it because it makes me happy.  That and there are worse hobbies to have (and in my lifetime, I've had some of those, too).  Sure, what I play and how often I play has changed over the course of time.  Every aspect of my life has.  That's part of maturing.  But, even when time is short or other responsibilities demand my attention, I eventually come back to gaming.  Some of it is a stress release and some a bit of escapism, which is another reason why my habits have evolved over time.  I don't have the patience or time to spend on bad games or games where is amount of necessary time invested is unequal to the amount of fun returned.   This doesn't mean I've gravitated towards easier or shorter games, it just means I'm looking for near instant gratification from titles I choose to play.  When I was 25, I might find overcoming the challenge of a particularly difficult game something I had to prove to myself.  Maybe I'm in the minority of older gamers, but I've gotten selfish and egocentric in my later years.  And, I admit, lazy as well.  Which leads to my "pile of shame."  I have stacks of unfinished games.  In fact, I feel a strong sense of accomplishment (and a little regret) if I do finish a game.  If I put a title aside for any length of time, the chances that I will return to it are slim.  I get distracted easily by not only the latest titles, but older titles that have been reduced to make them worth a buy.  And, I too probably spend as much time reading, listening, and commenting on games as I do playing them.  But, I'm okay with that since it's just another facet of the hobby.  If I was into photography, mountain biking or needlepoint it would probably be the same.  The only difference is other adults don't look at those activities and ask "What are you? Four?"  And, so I really don't talk about my main hobby with most other people my age.  I'm sure many of them played games in their youth as well, but at some point society said "Time to put away your toys and become a man."  To which I replied (perhaps like a child) "No! I don't wanna have to choose.  I want both."  If I had the last 20 years of my life to do over, there's a laundry list of decisions I'd change.  A life without regret is a life not fully lived.  However, I'd still choose to call myself a gamer, because to deny myself those joys would be a rejection of my core actuality.

Welcome to GB.
Luberik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Luberik

well, I'm liking your core actuality thinking paterns ^^

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dalai

I've been playing video games since I was 5, back when the people who played games were primarily kids and teens.  My generation has grown up around games so it's no surprise that I and many people my age still play them.

And for the record, I'm 27.  Don't be ashamed... games aren't just for kids anymore.  Just ask your grandma who plays Wii Sports.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Cerza

Welcome to Giant Bomb! I'll be hitting the big 2-5 in a few months, and like you I have been thinking. I've been gaming for as long as I can remember, and in a few years I'll be hitting the 20th anniversary of when I got my SNES, which is my favorite gaming system of all time. Like everyone else here, I game, have kept gaming and will keep gaming, because I enjoy gaming. Gaming makes me happy. Many of my fondest memories are tied to it and I can't imagine a life without it. I share your frustration with the stigma that comes with being gamer. I think it's pretty stupid, especially when the people criticizing you for a being a gamer are often gamers themselves. They just don't see it that way for whatever reason. My advice with the female situation is that if you bring a girl back to your place and she is worth your time, money, and effort then you shouldn't have to explain your rig, or gaming set up, or library to her while she groans and has "oh my gawd" running through her head in the background. She should understand that different people have different hobbies and just be cool with it. Also, if you become a collector show her some ebay auctions, or online listings for old games like Persona 2, Suikoden 2, Valkyrie Profile, or the original release of Chrono Trigger, or some other rare games you have. Once she sees how much money you could get for them she should be more than ok with your hobby. Okay I'll stop rambling now. Welcome to Giant Bomb!!!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jayge_
@Alex_Murphy said:
" If I ever start a company I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep people from doing that kind of stuff when they're at work."
Only if you want your employees to be unhappy, resentful, unproductive assholes. Otherwise, you let them surf.
leeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By leeto

Well when you think the average male gamer in the US is 27 years old (number may be plus or minus one, this number is from a presentation I did last year), your 25 years is actually young for gaming :)

gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gin_orphan
@Luberik:
Sorry, mate, in my whiskey induced haze last night, I read your .be URL as .de. I have been to Belgium, it's beautiful. Do I guess correctly that you are from Flanders then? Or perhaps the Brussels-Capital region? My teachers all tell me how easy it is learn Nederlands, or in your case Flemish, once you know German, but I have never gotten the hang of it.
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alex_Murphy
@Jayge said:
" @Alex_Murphy said:
" If I ever start a company I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep people from doing that kind of stuff when they're at work."
Only if you want your employees to be unhappy, resentful, unproductive assholes. Otherwise, you let them surf.
"
I know it seems like an asshole thing to do, but if I'm paying somebody to preform a task, and they use my computer, my electricity, and my bandwidth to entertain themselves on my dime, I don't think that's fair. Come on, how would you react if you hired a plumber to fix your toilet, and half way through the job, he went into the other room, sat down on your couch, and started watching TV?
gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gin_orphan
@Alex_Murphy:
I get the impression that you think most people earn an hourly wage. Most of the people I know work for a salary, and if all of your assigned tasks are being completed, then I don't really think that there is anything wrong with surfing the Internet or listening to music during downtime. I usually pay plumbers on a per-job basis, and presuming that I explicitly provided the plumber with a couch and a television (we are given computers, desks, and Internet access, after all), I would have no problem with him using the resources available to him, so long as the job I hired him for gets done in a satisfactory manner within the time allotted for the task. I hope you get a career someday man, it sure beats the shit out of having a job.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jayge_
@Alex_Murphy said:
" @Jayge said:
" @Alex_Murphy said:
"
I know it seems like an asshole thing to do, but if I'm paying somebody to preform a task, and they use my computer, my electricity, and my bandwidth to entertain themselves on my dime, I don't think that's fair. Come on, how would you react if you hired a plumber to fix your toilet, and half way through the job, he went into the other room, sat down on your couch, and started watching TV? "
I understand what it seems like on paper, but part of fostering productive employees revolves around providing them a work environment that they don't absolutely *hate* being in. If someone is getting depressed, or extremely bored, or just plain disinterested in working for you then you'll get people who sit there all day pretending to do things while doing nothing productive.

If you let them have a little bit of pleasure and/or freedom, they're much more likely to be happier, more energetic and more productive as a result of that. It's fine to restrict things like AIM or monitor e-mails or shit like Facebook which would easily lessen productivity hugely; but if someone is making spreadsheets for 3 hours, gets bored, watches a funny youtube video or two, feels a bit more refreshed, takes a 10 minute water break, and comes back ready to get right to the grind again, where's the harm?

Edit: Sorry to derail your blog/thread hugely, Gin.
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Alex_Murphy
@Jayge said:
I understand what it seems like on paper, but part of fostering productive employees revolves around providing them a work environment that they don't absolutely *hate* being in. If someone is getting depressed, or extremely bored, or just plain disinterested in working for you then you'll get people who sit there all day pretending to do things while doing nothing productive.

If you let them have a little bit of pleasure and/or freedom, they're much more likely to be happier, more energetic and more productive as a result of that. It's fine to restrict things like AIM or monitor e-mails or shit like Facebook which would easily lessen productivity hugely; but if someone is making spreadsheets for 3 hours, gets bored, watches a funny youtube video or two, feels a bit more refreshed, takes a 10 minute water break, and comes back ready to get right to the grind again, where's the harm?

Edit: Sorry to derail your blog/thread hugely, Gin.
"
Hmmm, you have a good point there. As long as somebody that works for me is really kicking ass and going above and beyond the call of duty, and I really feel that I'm getting a good value for the money I'm spending, then I guess I wouldn't care if that employee wanted to snort lines of coke off a ten year old boy's ass. But I think I'd still have to block Myspace and Facebook. You gotta draw the line somewhere ;)

Yea Gin Orphan, sorry about hijacking your thread.
karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By karneh

Occasionally, when I sit at home wearing nothing but a robe, on my laptop roaming around Giantbomb, I feel like "What am doing with my life?" 

Then I shrug it off.

DrewInJapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DrewInJapan
@Karn said:
" Occasionally, when I sit at home wearing nothing but a robe, on my laptop roaming around Giantbomb, I feel like "What am doing with my life?"  Then I shrug it off. "
Robe? Pffft! Overdressed much?

You're at HOME, man! ^.^
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Jayge said:
Good, but it could be better.  "
What the hell...
karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By karneh
@DrewInJapan: I said JUST a robe.

sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sdauz

totally agree dude, do what makes u happy...it aint aginst the law, not yet at least

DrewInJapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DrewInJapan
@Karn: My comment still stands. ^.^
Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Demo

Welcome!

I'm 19 and personally, I never want to have children.

Being my own kid totally rules. I play whenever I want!