Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

I'm having a blast with Killzone 2 even though I want to shoot Rico in the face, how that character is a leader of a squad I'll never know. But loving it none the less. I have been thinking about something I would love to see. I never really played the original but it's clear that the Killzone Universe as great potential. So how does this sound:

A Brand New Expansion in the same vain as GTA4: The Lost and Damned (as in it is a piece of downloadable game). Where your offered a chance to experience things from the Helghast perspective with possibly a whole new storyline. This comes partly because I thought the Helghast were so much more interesting then the ISA and I think they could do some neat things with the storyline. I'm not totally sure what the game could be based on, maybe a bit of a prequel to Killzone 2 where a sector of the Helghast went rougue and your required to take it out. I don't know, but it would be great to experience some more of the Helghast. Also would love if the game offered some squad commands where you could direct your squad in the battlefield. 

Any other ideas on how that could work?

I know it'll probably never happen, and the idea came simply from the ISA getting on my nerves a little. But it as some neat ideas to it. 

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

This has come up a few times and I totally agree. I think most people would have preferred to play as the Helghast and, honestly it does sound like a reasonable idea for some DLC. If they ran a couple of missions at the same time as the single-player game, that means they could re-use environments from the disc.

I'd be up for it. Get to it Guerilla!

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

I don't know.  Not a lot of people had anything good to say about playing the Arbiter in Halo 2.  Maybe that was due to the strong iconic characteristics of Master Chief or possibly the repetitive nature of Halo level design.  Or it could be group identity.  Once you've affiliated yourself with a particular side between two antagonists, being asked to play the other side is unfamiliar and unsettling.  But, maybe since Killzone doesn't really have that dynamic a cast, playing the Helghast wouldn't be too jarring.  In a sense it would be like switching from the blue team to the red team in multiplayer.

Let me ask you...would you play a single player game where you are an Imperial stormtrooper, Nazi infantry soldier or fundamentalist insurgent?  I know it's not quite the same thing that you are asking, but it illustrates my point of group identity and the reluctance people have to changing perspectives.

On the larger idea of some DLC, I'd certainly go for that.