Accessing desktop site on phone

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Hello! Hope this is the right forum for this. I am wondering if there's a way to get the desktop site to show when using IOS Safari. Specifically I want to be able to see the the Coming up on Giantbomb section, since I am away from any computers for a few days and thought I'd watch some streams on my phone.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

There is no differentiation unfortunately, the site automagically morphs to your screen size. ( I assume it's screen size and not resolution else it'd be desktop style on my phone otherwise)

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Alas! Smart design of the page but I miss that function right now. I will survive without it I guess. :) Thanks for the answer!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4 MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't know if there is a similar option on Safari for iOS, but on Chrome for Android there is a "request desktop site" option in the browsers settings. That will make the site display stuff like the coming soon box and the WYSIWYG editor.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Vahleticar

@mattyftm: I would also like to see the coming up section. The "request desktop site" options works well on chrome and firefox android. But I have never been able to get that to work with giantbomb.com I also tried extensions which emulate a different browser. Nada

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@vahleticar: The coming up section definitely appears for me when I use the "request desktop site" option. It's right below the "latest stories" section. After that is the new releases, then the community showcase & forums.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattyftm: oh shit there it is! I guess I never scrolled that far down haha thank you

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8 fisk0  Moderator

Doesn't it automatically switch to the desktop page when you turn the phone to landscape mode instead of portrait mode? That happens on Android at least.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vahleticar

No not for me on HTC one x, like I said I've never been able to view the site like you would on a desktop, which is odd as other sites let me

fatman032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone figured this out. I just got a new phone and thought the "request desktop site" worked on my last phone but not 100% sure on that. Not sure if it the version of chrome I'm using. Just thought I would ask. The version of chrome I have is 41.0.2272.96