Advice on new console

Jedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jedius

Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to Giant Bomb, and recently got hooked because of the Bombcast which I look forward to every week.  I'm a PC gamer mostly and I haven't bought a console since the N64 (yeah, its been that long).  I've been thinking lately about going to console games and I'm wondering which console to go with Xbox360 or PS3.  I've been leaning towards Xbox360 because of Live and the number of games that Xbox supports and a better online experience (from what I have heard anyways).  But I'm also concerned about longevity.  Is it relatively too late to get an Xbox360 or are there reasons I should get a PS3? 

Any thoughts? 

Thanks,

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

You have a PC, you really don't need a 360, do for the PS3 if anything (I have a 360 and no PS3, so it isn't a "biased" opinion).  It still comes down to what has the games you want the most.  Go to Metacritic and do a real case study of which will give you the most fun.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sopranosfan

They are both good with their strengths and weaknesses.  I like my PS3 because as the commercial says it only does everything.  However, I have more friends on Xbox and I am somewhat of an achievement whore.  My suggestion would be to research and compare what is important to you and find the console that matches your wants the closest.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By nrain

If blu ray means anything to you get the PS3, if online is what appeals to you go 360. Other than that just compare exclusives to what you like more than the other.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Willy105

If you are mostly a PC gamer, the Wii would be the best console to use to jump in. It's games are vastly different from the PC/360/PS3 titles, and you won't be feeling deja vu or feel like an inferior version of what you would play on a PC.

kahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kahi

Well if you want me to only judge the next 3 weeks then PS3. I mean Heavy Rain and God of War III do it, do it.

Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Jasonofindy

I have all three of the current consoles and personally use my 360 the most.  I also currently own far more games (90+ vs. 28) for it than the PS3 because in the past multiplatform games have generally been the same or better on the 360.  The online features are superior to the PS3 with in-game private chat, cross game chat, cross game invites, etc.  Additionally,  I prefer the 360 controller over the PS3.  

However, if you had to choose to buy just one console I would actually suggest the PS3 if you still have a good gaming PC because the two would compliment each other well.  The PS3 has a number of very good exclusive titles and for the most part now holds its own or occasionally bests the 360  when it comes to the multiplatform games.    The 360 also has some great console exclusives, but many of these inevitably end up on the PC.  (either simultaneous release or after a limited delay)  Finally, after the price drop to $299, the PS3 is a better hardware value due to its durability and the added bonus of a Bluray player.