After Joining Steam Over A Month Ago, I Finally Buy a New PC Game

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By ArcBorealis

Back in June, I decided I would make an account on Steam. After messing around with connecting my PS3 controller and guitar to my computer and playing around with freeware and older games I already own, I figured I'd see what Steam was about. 

I love the service. That's all I can really say. Alot of just works great. 

However during that time, I just used it to play game demos. 
I don't have a whole lot of money on me. I don't have a job, so I end up doing work around the house for 5 bucks a week, and I always get a monthly allowance as well. Not only that, but I have to pay over half of that money I earn each month towards Gamefly, so in the end, I'm still slowly building up money. 

Well, I managed to get enough to buy a game I had been eyeing for a while, Zeno Clash. I was especially glad that the price had dropped 5 bucks last I saw, so only 15 dollars were spent. 
I really got thank Valve for making the Source engine what it is, because my computer is not up to snuff if I wanted to purchase more graphics heavy games that are released today. My computer was just barely able to play Oblivion and I had to put the graphics to the lowest settings possible. 

So, my whole weekend, spent playing an indie game, and at the price it is at now than it was before, just makes it a much better deal. And it's fun. 
Although the weird thing right now is that, even though I've never been onboard with the concept of achievements, I feel tempted to get all 22 of them for this game. So far I'm at 14. Part of them though involves me completing the rather brutal challenge mode. Atleast, from my experience was brutal. I just barely got past level one, and have completed levels -1 and -2, which are much easier than the tower levels. 

Anyway, again, I had a lot of fun with the game. And that's good. Fun is good.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By ArcBorealis

Back in June, I decided I would make an account on Steam. After messing around with connecting my PS3 controller and guitar to my computer and playing around with freeware and older games I already own, I figured I'd see what Steam was about. 

I love the service. That's all I can really say. Alot of just works great. 

However during that time, I just used it to play game demos. 
I don't have a whole lot of money on me. I don't have a job, so I end up doing work around the house for 5 bucks a week, and I always get a monthly allowance as well. Not only that, but I have to pay over half of that money I earn each month towards Gamefly, so in the end, I'm still slowly building up money. 

Well, I managed to get enough to buy a game I had been eyeing for a while, Zeno Clash. I was especially glad that the price had dropped 5 bucks last I saw, so only 15 dollars were spent. 
I really got thank Valve for making the Source engine what it is, because my computer is not up to snuff if I wanted to purchase more graphics heavy games that are released today. My computer was just barely able to play Oblivion and I had to put the graphics to the lowest settings possible. 

So, my whole weekend, spent playing an indie game, and at the price it is at now than it was before, just makes it a much better deal. And it's fun. 
Although the weird thing right now is that, even though I've never been onboard with the concept of achievements, I feel tempted to get all 22 of them for this game. So far I'm at 14. Part of them though involves me completing the rather brutal challenge mode. Atleast, from my experience was brutal. I just barely got past level one, and have completed levels -1 and -2, which are much easier than the tower levels. 

Anyway, again, I had a lot of fun with the game. And that's good. Fun is good.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

I love steam.  I've got quite a few games on there, and I've gifted probably like 5 games to my friends, gifting is a very good feature.  Now all my PC games are all organized under the "My Games" tab in Steam.  Every game is kept up to date thanks to steam, and if I ever want to download and install an old game I'm sure to get the latest client version.  Also when a new game comes out, it's more reliable and faster to just buy it off steam instead of calling local stores and driving down there. 

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Dalai

I just joined Steam a few weeks ago and I already love the deals so far.  I've only bought a bunch of small indie games so far, but the service is great.

Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Psyx2

Yup, Steam is great. I particularly love the weekend deals they do. I got the 5 indy games for $20 deal they did last week.
I've always preferred physical copies of games, but with some intrusive DRM used for PC games these days it's not always an option for me. As long as the game is on Steam, I don't have to worry about it.

Beehdaubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Beehdaubs

I've been a member of Steam since January 09, and it's VALVe who converted me from a console gamer to a PC gamer.  I've been playing the crap out of GMod, TF2, and Day of Defeat: Source ever since I bought them back in January.  And I have yet to remain tired of these games.