Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By valvefan84
Twilight said:
"To me it looks like you just want some attention."

Ehhh sorta, I just made this to see people's reaction and would tolerate the fact that I like Oblivion more than Morrowind.
valvefan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By valvefan84
kratos said:
"Umm you can have an opinion what a stupid thread."

Trust me this isn't the only stupid thread I've made.
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Randolph
valvefan84 said:
"Morrowind's gameplay seemed more of a role-playing proffesion than a role-playing game, the side quests weren't necessarily engaging as they felt more like FedEx service than quests which made the game tedious and the world didn't feel alive as it felt empty. In Oblivion I gotten to myself into a suspension of disbelief because the world felt alive and the side quests were more varied and engaging. The role-playing elements in Oblivion felt far more developed than Morrowind because I felt like I was being part of this world and quest."
Oblivion used a sterile and generic fantasy setting thats by and large uninteresting, and I don't think a "bustling capital" with a handful of people in it voiced by all of four different actors who damn near all look the same and have broken and inane radiant AI dialogue helps immersion much at all, in fact it killed it for me.  Morrowind had a more appealing game world design that begged to be explored, and more NPCs.  It's a much more immersive overall game for it, to me.  Oblivion, by and large, has the same kind of quests with just a few novelties thrown in, except that the fetch quest/ hired hit was delivered to you via voice acting from a NPC that looks like a hundred others, and sounds just like them too.  Not exactly a huge step forward.
Thanatos465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Thanatos465

I found FF X-2 awesome and one hated it

valvefan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By valvefan84
Randolph said:
"valvefan84 said:
"Morrowind's gameplay seemed more of a role-playing proffesion than a role-playing game, the side quests weren't necessarily engaging as they felt more like FedEx service than quests which made the game tedious and the world didn't feel alive as it felt empty. In Oblivion I gotten to myself into a suspension of disbelief because the world felt alive and the side quests were more varied and engaging. The role-playing elements in Oblivion felt far more developed than Morrowind because I felt like I was being part of this world and quest."
Oblivion used a sterile and generic fantasy setting thats by and large uninteresting, and I don't think a "bustling capital" with a handful of people in it voiced by all of four different actors who damn near all look the same and have broken and inane radiant AI dialogue helps immersion much at all, in fact it killed it for me.  Morrowind had a more appealing game world design that begged to be explored, and more NPCs.  It's a much more immersive overall game for it, to me.  Oblivion, by and large, has the same kind of quests with just a few novelties thrown in, except that the fetch quest/ hired hit was delivered to you via voice acting from a NPC that looks like a hundred others, and sounds just like them too.  Not exactly a huge step forward."

I definitely agree that Morrowwind more immersive than Oblivion by offering a stronger storyline and a original setting, but I prefer the gameplay of Oblivion over Morrowind's. The side quests of Oblivion are similar but for more diverse. Don't get me wrong I really like Morrowind alot. In fact I like it so much I would score it four and half stars. It was just my personally taste that I had a much better time with Oblivion than I had with Morrowind. They're both still really good role-playing games that are better than every JRPG that are released in this generation.