• 82 results
BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BonOrbitz

I go to Goodwill often because you'll never know what you'll find there (I think that's their slogan, even) and two months ago I found a copy of Earthbound (cart only) for the SNES at $24, Mega Man X3 for the SNES at $4, and an unopened copy of StarCraft II at $13. My mind is still blown.

So I'm wondering what other great stories regarding lucky finds are floating around out there... Anyone here have some?

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Yanngc33

I found a copy of Metal Arms for 5 bucks a month ago. But that's not really a good find, it's just a find

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

My brother in law found a Xbox 360 wireless adapter at a goodwill for $9 dollars (was totally jealous) 

Lyniz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Lyniz

ICO for ps2 last year.  

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#5  Edited By beard_of_zeus

A few years back, I got a copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the PS2 (back when it was rare and not available on digital platforms) at an FYE store (do those exist anymore?) for $15.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentofChaos

Wow, I'm surprised at some of the things you guys have found at Goodwill, the nicest thing I've ever seen was an old German Soccer Jersey. Never any good video games, mostly just NBA Live 199X or Madden 199X.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlexW00d

I assume a good will is a charity shop?

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By zidd

I found gamecube copies of resident evil 2 and 3 for $40 (together) in a gamestop once and bought them

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By craigbo180
Charity shops in the UK suck.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By nintendoeats

I buy most of my games from value village, that's how I wound up with about 950 of them.

Last week I found a 360 controller with a messed up Analog stick for 2 bucks. I swapped the stick with one from a Controller S, and now I have more ore less a brand new controller for 2 bucks. It's in really fantastic condition...and now with black sticks!

I've had other finds, but that one was crazy.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By NickLott

I got a new copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for $30 earlier this year. That was pretty good. 

Also, I bought a SF4 Tournament Stick for 40 bucks that wasn't working a couple years ago. It turns it was just a short or something and Madcatz fixed it for free. 
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By luce
dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By dagas

A few months ago there was a store that had a huge sale on games as they had decided that they should stop selling video games. All video games they had were €3 each. I had to ask the guy working there if there was some sort of mistake, but there was no mistake. I bought 7 games or something like that. I would have bought more, but I already have more than enough games to play. I even bought some games to give to a friend because they were so cheap.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BonOrbitz
@dagas: Nice! So which title(s) were you most excited about picking up at that price?

I was just talking to a friend of mine and she said she found Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 for $4, and PSO III: Card Battles for $4 at Goodwill (yes, a line of charity shops in the U.S.)
Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By Leafhopper

I remember I still found my used copy of Einhander for 30 dollars. In Gamestop. In 2006.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By crusader8463

I found a mint copy of Rogue Galaxy at the bottom of a bargain bin at a wal mart for $5 or $10. Also, the single best microphone I have ever owned I got for free when I picked up my pre-order of GTA 4 at EB Games. I could pick the headset, a shirt that would never fit me, or a crappy poster as a free bonus gift. I made the right choice. 

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By mackgyver

Few years ago I found an original copy of Wing Commander IV Price of Freedom on eBay. It came with the original sleeve, manual but no box. I thought I would never have found that game again.

sgt_waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sgt_waffles

Prior to it's Greatest Hits release, I found a new copy of Final Fantasy Tactics for $12.99.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a boxed copy of Full Throttle with the original receipt tucked inside at a local charity shop last year for £5. Both the disc and the box were totally flawless!

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pantzing_nome

I found a copy a yakuza 2. 

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By 1337W422102

The week Supreme Commander came out, I saw it at walmart.  Every copy had the price sticker of $12.83 instead of the 50-60ish.  I grabbed one, went to the cash.  It scanned at 50-60ish, the real price.  As per Quebec law, if an item scans at a price higher than that advertised/listed, you get the lower price plus a $10 discount (or get the item for free if it's under $10).  So I got a brand-new game for $2.83 plus tax.  I should've bought more as gifts for people.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Twitchey

I bought the last copy of Halo 3 on launch day at Gamestop. I had to race another fucker to it, but with some childish shoving I got it first. He gave me a look that I can only describe as "Burn in hell you fucking cunt."

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By ReyGitano

I found a limited Edition copy of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence at GameStop for 19.99. Now normally I don't do business with GameStop, but considering this thing goes on ebay for $100+, I just couldn't resist.

freddie_bert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#24  Edited By freddie_bert

I've gotten a bunch of games pretty damn cheap thanks to a gigantic flea market I go to once a year, got 2 PS1's with five or six games and the plugs for 12 dollars, Link's Awakening DX for 5 bucks, there was also 3 games for 5 dollar deals there, picked up a few games that caught my eye thanks to that deal.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kandycane2029

I found a copy of Suikoden 2 for five bucks.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By monetarydread

Back in 99' I traded my N64 with a couple of games for a SNES with pretty much every major RPG.  Lufia II, Breath of Fire 2, Final Fantasy 2, 3 and Mystic Quest, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG.  I remember the look on the kids face, he thought he was getting the better side of the deal.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ninjakiller

Found a copy of Symphony of the Night PS1, unopened at Goodwill for $5.  

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By shiftymagician

Couple of weeks ago at Gametraders in Australia, I was lucky to find that they stocked a few copies of Persona 4 for PS2.  Obviously I bought the copy without hesitation.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29  Edited By Castiel

I once found a copy of Gregory's Horror Show to the PS2, I had never heard of the game at the time, for like 7 bucks. Today it's one of my favorite games that no one ever played, maybe because it was weird as fuck, keep in mind it was Japanese, but that's why I love it so much.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Shenmue 2 some years ago.
Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rockdalf

Wow, I was happy because I found a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics A2 at Gamestop today for 20.00.  Some of these deals in here actually make me sick to think about.

Guess I'm going to goodwill tomorrow.
Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I found Madden 03 for the GBA next to the highway once.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gerhabio
fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#34  Edited By fox01313

If in the US, try looking up a retail chain called Half Price Books. The ones near here deal a lot with some used console games but also overstock & used pc games so it's easy to find lots of older gems for less than $20.

http://www.hpb.com/

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DrPockets000

I found Half-Life 2 Episode 3.

Sorry, I'm a dick :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I bought used copies of Super Mario RPG, Tetris Attack, and Saturday Night Slam Masters at a swap meet in '03 for only a buck.  I was also able to sell a copy of Dragon Ball GT  (my pick for worst game ever) for $200 and the PS1 version of Diablo for a surprising $150 on ebay.  

NorthSarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NorthSarge
@sgt_waffles said:
Prior to it's Greatest Hits release, I found a new copy of Final Fantasy Tactics for $12.99.
 for some reason it was hard to find and i had to ask a family friend that worked at sony to grab me a copy. he brought me 2. and i didn't have to pay for them! it was amazing and ended up being one of my favorite games ever.
mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mazik765

Got a brand new copy of Singularity as EB Games once for $5, and a used copy of Super Street Fighter 4 for $4 at Blockbuster.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NathHaw

The one that comes to mind is getting Ocarina of Time a couple days before it was officially released.  Went to K-Mart and talked the old lady out of selling me the game from the shipping box. My girlfriend paid for it for my birthday.

Worked for Goodwill for a little while.  Got a Genesis still in the box with all the stuff for like...i don't remember.  20 bucks?
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NathHaw
@ninjakiller: If it was an original, I hope you didn't open it. I'm talking about the non-greatest hits line.
vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vasta_narada

I frequent an EB Games primarily to see if I can snag PS2 games to fill out my library (I used to almost exclusively rent games, since I had no life and finished them so fast), and I scored a used copy of Okage in, as far as I can tell, mint-condition. I was happy.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vexxan

I rarerly visit game stores or other stores that could probably sell games so I've never really stumbled upon some crazy great deal.

liquidmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#43  Edited By liquidmatt
@SlashseveN303 said:
I found a limited Edition copy of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence at GameStop for 19.99. Now normally I don't do business with GameStop, but considering this thing goes on ebay for $100+, I just couldn't resist.
Everytime I go in a game shop I search desperately for a copy, if I ask at the counter the majority just refer me to MGS2: Substance, but I hold out hope that one day I will find a copy for a low price!
Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eaxis

New copy of Flatout Ultimate Carnage for xbox 360  $15 day of release.
Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sayishere
@liquidmatt said:
@SlashseveN303 said:
Everytime I go in a game shop I search desperately for a copy, if I ask at the counter the majority just refer me to MGS2: Substance, but I hold out hope that one day I will find a copy for a low price!
i also do the same :D
Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Contro

I found a new copy of Ico in a Blockbuster Video

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sayishere

A game i found recently (although not sure if its that rare or not) is the silent hill collection for ps2, had silent hill 2, 3, 4 on the disc, got it for a good deal.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#48  Edited By willin
Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

My best find was at a goodwill that still sells video games as if they were video tapes...

It was COD4: Modern Warfare, unopened (but banged up) for the PC for $2.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By fenixrevolution

I found Suikoden 2 in pristine condition at Gamestop, when they used to sell PSX games. Was $50.00, but way cheaper than ebay.