Another new show announcement: Hot Takeouts by Voidburger!

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fugoy

Video essays haven't really been a thing on gb for a long while so I'm excited to see one done by a really rad person. Looking forward to the premiere!

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#2 FinalDasa  Moderator

Don't know much about their content but I am all for goofy/serious video essays about the Mario cinematic masterpiece.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is definitely more of the kind of content I want, looking forward to it!

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hell yeah, I’m extremely here for this new show!

For Super Mario Bros., I wish some coked-up producers would make video game movies not even tangentially connected to the actual content for the new generations to enjoy. Feels like kids movie content is too focus-grouped and safe these days.

VideoGameMobes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By VideoGameMobes

Was really surprised to see this particular announcement having engaged with VoidBurger's vids before. I didn't know GB were looking at picking up shows from The Tube, but it's cool to know that it's a possibility. Pretty damn excited for this.

AzureGale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AzureGale

"The Super Mario Bros. movie should be considered canon" definitely got my attention. This seems like it could be a fun game-essay-type show. Look forward to hearing more about Hot Takeouts :)

VectortheAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa: Despite my frustrations and concerns, introducing the GB audience to people that the GB crew are fans of was one of the stated goals of this. At the absolute very least, these new shows are doing that.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By Nodima

Currently watching this video Jan recommended on the subreddit:

Loading Video...

She has a great eye for editing and making unfunny content funny, while also doing the thing where jokes from previous eras are thrown into contexts they never even considered, but you can't help but nod along because the point's well made if a bit labored over.

By the time she gets back around to the game, she's got you all tee'd up to see this game that was played entirely for laughs on Giant Bomb once upon a time as a kind of bizarro progressive masterpiece, and that's pretty rad!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This is that good shit! Really excited for this. I'm not really sure what the name is going for (hot take - taking something out? Or down? But it seems positive so I don't know why that association is made) but I love video essays, especially about things that are underappreciated or examined from a different point of view. YouTube has been my go-to for this over the years so I'm happy to see Giant Bomb giving it another home.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Not sure if I’ve seen stuff from them before, but looking forward to this. Was just thinking about what if they had somebody try video essays.

Girafro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voidburger rules, been watching her content for years (started around the time she was a guest on some other YouTube channel that used to be a thing).

Excited for her, she seemed nervous about trying out long form video essays a little while ago and now here she is! Great creator, excited to see what she creates!

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@giantbombisdead: Lucky for you, it's LGBTQ issues in the context of the television industry!

Blister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So giantbomb is becoming polygon I guess

mono-no-aware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VB is good people and makes great content. I'm looking forward to this!

Yasha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: Yes! I love the internet's slow re-evalutation of A Puzzle of the Flesh - some aspects of it are horribly outdated but its weirdly WAY ahead of its time in some ways. Like we still haven't had a canonically bi character since then.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: I very much enjoyed that video, so thanks for that. By the time Phantasmagoria came out I had written out FMV games completely so I never gave it a try.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
@yasha said:

Like we still haven't had a canonically bi character since then.

What context is this meant to be? Like, in all of video games? Because if that's what you mean that is straight up false. Plenty of games with romance options have canonically bi characters, and there are definitely others. There are a lot of video games.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shindig

We had one way back in MGS Peace Walker. And MGS2.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

If folks are unfamiliar with Voidburger I highly recommend checking out the car escape highlight from her Alone in the Dark playthrough with Chip Cheezum. The whole LP is great.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

Looks like it was edited by VH1

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

This one sounds fun and interesting and also wrong but also interesting and fun but yes totally wrong but... okay, yeah, I'm going to check this one out.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well damn if I knew they were picking up YouTubers...I guess I'll just wait for my call for them to pick up my show where I rank every single soccer game ever!