Anyone else stop adding content because your pending is long?

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By TheAdmin

I've added quite a few articles, blurbs, images and extras to the site, but since moderation takes so long it's just sitting in my pending area. I don't know about the rest of you, but this makes me not want to do anymore until all that stuff gets approved. Has anyone else stopped adding content for that reason also? 

Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Rex

Yeah, I've only submitted a few articles and blurbs for this very reason. My oldest submission is 3 days and 20 hours old.

They were obviously caught off guard with so many people wanting to submit content. They should get more staff in so that the process is faster.

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Emiel

Yeah, I stopped yesterday. My first submission has been 36 hours ago. 

Falkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Falkien

ya I have articles, screenshots that have been pending the articles are around 3 days...

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheAdmin

it's a shame.  Since it's so new everyone should get instant editing approval - and then you get it revoked if you don't follow the guidelines/spam. I would definately assume on the back-end of the site that all revisions have a history on them so they could revert to a previous version if things got messed up. This would certainly help get the site up to having a lot of content right away and would lessen the pending subs to just minor content, since most of the big stuff had been updated. Maybe they give us 1 day trial?

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Rowr

i slowed on it. Started adding more pics because they take no time to be approved.

once things slow down a bit and alot of the obvious stuff is down ill probably get back on it.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Endogene

same here, i just added some submissions today but that was only after those i added before were accepted, guess it'll be like this for a while but hey this is just the BETA

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Legend

I know the mods are doing all they can but I think it would be better if we stop adding stuff until they catch up.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rowr

I slowed on it, yeh the frustrating thing was realising many of the same things had already been submitted before me.  Started adding more pics because they take no time to be approved.

once things slow down a bit and alot of the obvious stuff is down ill probably get back on it.

Rex
said:

"Yeah, I've only submitted a few articles and blurbs for this very reason. My oldest submission is 3 days and 20 hours old.

They were obviously caught off guard with so many people wanting to submit content. They should get more staff in so that the process is faster.
"
They have promoted some top submitters to Mods to deal with this, and probably will add more.

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaveF

I've stopped submitting as much because since the backlog is so big, I don't know what other people have submitted. I don't want to write a massive description for a game, then 3 days later find out somebody else wrote one a day before me. It's not a complaint, I just realise that that is the reality and I don't want to waste any effort as a result.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SSbabel

Yeh i have stopped for the time being, just the amount of pending subs i have alone is the reason im gonna take a break.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rowr

bear in mind as more and more people hit over the 1000 point mark it will speed up.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Aaron_G

I want to do more and add more, but I feel guilty for doing it. :(

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Why_So_Serious

I have stopped, for now. When most of my stuff is approved then I will starting adding more games and articles to the games I added. I also will edit other articles etc. FOr now I have decided to stop.

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Johnny5

Yeah I have lost motivation, its stupid but seeing my points at 0 is demotivating.

I'm up to 4 days 8 hours :P

Nobility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nobility

Yes, I want to see if anything gets denied.  Might as well wait instead of adding for nothing.

PaperPlain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PaperPlain

Yeah. It doesn't even do anything except give you points. Which means nothing to me. And usually when I'm submitting I don't feel like I'm helping because my subs look very unprofessional. Its hard to explain...

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By twenty0ne

I did before I got to 1,000 points.

Now, I don't have a problem.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

im at 121 points and i got a good load of edits and images with some 3-4 days old. so i stoppped submitting all togehter

Eoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eoco

Images are fine now, with the new community moderation system.

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Emiel

Right now I don't see the point. If it takes 4 days for something to get checked my the mods, there's a big chance someone else gets the approval because they check the submissions totally random it seems. 

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yeah, I've slowed down, figure it'd be nice to give em a break.

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By phatkav

I have stopped submitting images. I'm just waiting until most of the ones that are pending now get accepted so I will submit more images.

davecuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By davecuk

I've pretty much stopped as well until they accept the mass of screenshots I have pending, which will take me over 1000 points, then I won't need to worry about waiting.

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By kenzo287

nope i keep adding stuff all the time it takes a little while but im pretty patient

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By brydello

Yep... I've stopped adding for now.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Eoco said:
"Images are fine now, with the new community moderation system.
"
not really, I have quite a few images 1-2 days old and they still haven't been rejected or accepted, it seems like any thing that was submitted and hour or so before the crowd moderation was opened isn't included in it.
davecuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By davecuk
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Eoco said:
"
not really, I have quite a few images 1-2 days old and they still haven't been rejected or accepted, it seems like any thing that was submitted and hour or so before the crowd moderation was opened isn't included in it.
"
I'm starting to think a load of images have been lost in some sort of black hole as I have some still pending from 4-5 days ago.
zerok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#30  Edited By zerok

Well, my first edit is now in the queue since more than 4 days, so I've more or less stopped for now and am waiting if it will ever get through ;-)

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By serbsta

Yes, haven't had anything approved for about 3 days. So im taking a break.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By duxup

Yeah I had a game that wasn't in the DB that I submitted, that sat pending for more than three days.  In the meantime they added the game so my sub got rejected.  Makes me not want to put too much work into anything as for all I know someone might have already submitted something (or will submit it after me) and my sub will just get rejected.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By samfo

I wonder if in future they will add a system to edit or delete submissions. I have many that were relevant a few days ago but are redundant now. Quite frustrating.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By lucas_kelly

Not really. People just need to be patient and wait.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Absurd

Yep, I'm on 4 days and a couple of hours...Somebody probably already submitted a much better article than mine so it's pointless now. The only things I submit right now are pictures.

Avatar image for deactivated-62fae2132a6ff
deactivated-62fae2132a6ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

WilliamRLBaker said:
"Eoco said:
"
"
Your images are in the queue. but it will take a while as there are over 35000 to go through. However the rate they are getting moderated is faster they are comming in right now so it should eventually be near instant.