Anyone else tempted to get an Xbox One next week?

• 53 results
Avatar image for splatteredbloodsouls
splatteredbloodsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I went for PS4 at launch and I am happy enough despite there being no games that I would say have made it an essential purchase. Maybe that will change with Infamous later this month and today's announcement of a next gen Batman Arkham Knight.

I have a voice nagging me though, nagging me to buy an Xbox One and Titanfall. There are no other games for the system that I want to play but obviously there will be games on the way that are Xbox One only like the next Halo or the re-launch of Gears Of War.

Here in the UK, they have knocked some money off the asking price and there are a few decent looking deals, one of which comes with Titanfall and another selected free game at no additional cost. I am tempted. It's 50/50.

Are any of you who held out ready to buy and do you think Titanfall will prove to be the title that will claw back some of the negativity (if that's the right word to use) dished out (and to an extent rightly so) to Microsoft?

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got a PS4 at launch as well, and while I do plan on getting an Xbox One in the future, it won't be for Titanfall.

Although, this is only because I've got a PC that will run it nicely.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I already bought an XONE. I'm buying Titanfall from a friend, from his Collector's Edition. He's getting the Titanfall Bundle also with the included download.

That beta was pretty amazing.

splatteredbloodsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a PS4 at launch as well, and while I do plan on getting an Xbox One in the future, it won't be for Titanfall.

Although, this is only because I've got a PC that will run it nicely.

Cool. I could play it on my 360. Lol.

Not sure how that will turn out. Obviously I would be making a saving by settling for the 360 version of the game but it may be difficult to accept that version after seeing all the gameplay of the higher quality Xbox One and PC counterparts. Not only that but will the 360 game have the same player count and map size. These questions seem like they will be unanswered until the day it comes out and someone has the box in their hand.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm tempted, but mainly because I like electronics, and I don't have an Xbox One yet. I'd like to own every system, and I already have two out of the three new generation of consoles. A free game almost, almost covers the price of the Kinect, which I have no interest in.

But I've talked myself out of it. There's still no exclusives announced for it that I'm interested in, including Titanfall. If I ever get interested in checking it out, it's much cheaper to get it for my HTPC or Xbox 360 than buying a new console.

splatteredbloodsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio: I'm like that too. I have bought the other two systems as well and struggle to find the time for them. Still I think I need to buy the Xbox One out of habit more than anything.

I made the joke the other day that if they took the Kinect out of the Titanfall bundle and charged me a little extra, they'd have a deal. LOL!

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Nope.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I'll pick up Titanfall on PC in a few weeks. EA fooled me once with Battlefield 4 so I'm going to wait to see how launch goes!

I'd only start considering an Xbox One if they offered a Kinect-less SKU which they said they weren't going to do so....no Halo for me this gen!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This dude gives no fucks:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Nope. I recently sold my Xbox One because it's a piece of garbage. I'll probably pick it up again at some point but I just upgraded my video card and I also have a PS4 so I'm good for now.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

How is a console with no games an essential purchase? I don't understand anything going on in this thread...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had one when it came out and kept it for a while, until I realized getting my full refund back from it was the smartest thing to do. Unless MS comes out of E3 with a TON of actually exclusive MUST HAVE games I just somehow can't go without, I can't see wanting an Xbone for any time in the essential future.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splatteredbloodsouls said:

Anyone else tempted to get an Xbox One next week?

i think you could ask my this every week for eternity and my answer would remain no.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I was briefly tempted to when I heard about this bundle, so I went out and spent $550 on a new video card instead.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im definitely getting an X1 sometime this year mainly for Titanfall and the other multiplayer titles. There isn't anything that interests me on the PS4 so far so I'll wait a few years before I get one.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but I can't because Microsoft haven't released the fucking console in Scandinavia.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By falserelic

Nope, I still plan on getting a xbone, but I'm going to Las Vegas within afew months. Though going on a plane scares the hell out of me. Anyway I'm saving up money for the trip, and plan on getting a xbone in the future.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't want to buy an Xbox One for just one game so I'm not. Early on I figured on getting the PC version but thinking on it why shouldn't I get Titanfall on the 360? I let my yearly subscription expire but I can just renew and play this and my other multiplayer games again. No reason I should stop using that console.

I just know buying the newest Xbox now will come with some regret on my part since I got a PS4 and while I love it there isn't much I play other than BF4.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By ttocs

I've thought about it but for just Titanfall? It's not worth it especially since you can play it on the PC. I'll get an Xbox One eventually but for now I'm perfectly content with last gen consoles and my PS4.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Not with all of the other great stuff coming out this month, and I still have Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Thief, Assassin's Creed Fredom Cry and Strider to finish (I haven't even touched Strider yet D:).

I can't imagine Titanfall having much staying power with me, anyway. If I had the cash to spare though, sure, Titanfall would probably be a good reason to go ahead and pick one up, I guess.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd actually rather get a new video card for my PC and just get titanfall on the PC since it really does look better there. I played the beta and the game looks really good with my current video card which isn't that old. But since I have a PS4 already this just isn't the system seller game for me.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nope.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, Titanfall looks right up my alley. Thank goodness for Dark Souls 2 coming out to lure me away. Also, I want a place for me and my girlfriend more, so I'm saving up for that.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Already bought one. Great piece of hardware, don't regret it one bit.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Not really. My guess is most of the Titanfall action will be on XB360.

Vladd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vladd

Nope.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mb said:

I was briefly tempted to when I heard about this bundle, so I went out and spent $550 on a new video card instead.

That is a pretty good instance of solid decision making.

Bummlmitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bummlmitz

No. There are a lot of titles coming out in the next few weeks, I'd rather play. Also, my PC can certainly handle Titanfall, so I really see no reason to get a Xbone.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#30  Edited By TheMasterDS

I already have One.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hippie_genocide

Not really. I already have a PS4 and even that hasn't been getting a lot of playtime. Mostly I'll be playing Dark Souls 2 next week and for the foreseeable future. Maybe some day when the Xbox One gets more exclusives that I want to play.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not in the least. Couldn't care less about Titanfall. If it had a campaign, then I might be interested, but as is, just not at all. Plus, I don't what I've seen of the X1, especially the UI.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@splatteredbloodsouls: Do you have a PC because it would be way cheaper for you to just play it on PC than buying a console for a single gme.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. When Titanfall was announced and first shown I was super interested in the game, but I went with a PS4 anyway, for many reasons. Now that I've learned and seen more of Titanfall I have little interest in the game, and even less in the Xbox One.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tempted to get an Xbox One? No

Tempted to get Titanfall on PC? very.

I had largely dismissed Titanfall because it's been years since I've cared about Call of Duty, but that beta was a ton of fun. I'd really like to get Titanfall, but with my game budget not being unlimited and Infamous right around the corner as well South Park looking really good, I can't say I'm willing to spend $60 on a multiplayer only game, especially if my friends don't jump in either.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised that Titanfall is on PC, somehow for the longest time I thought it was just Xbox one. Now I remember the QL...why didn't it register with me?

Well, that does cut into Xbox one sales, having it also on PC. Would have been Gears of War smart, but this is a Multiplayer game, the Xbox one just came out, soooooo...

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jorbit

If Titanfall was Xbox One only I'd probably be locking myself in my room right now. Luckily I'm a PC gamer and EA/Respawn was smart enough to release their game for us.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cloudnineboya

No, ill get it on pc. It would be great if Microsoft make all their exclusives for pc, save me spending money on ever having to buy a xboxone.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I felt more tempted to get one at launch because of Dead Rising 3.

Titanfall doesn't interest me in the least bit.

splatteredbloodsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: No, I don't have a PC. I think I might have answered my original question as I would say there is now a 70% chance that I am going to go for the Titanfall + free game bundle.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I'm going to get Titanfall on PC when it is less than 20 bucks I think.

So I might be waiting a while, but that's how I feel about the game.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only Xbox I would be tempted to buy next week is an Xbox 360 if I didn't already have one. Dark Souls 2 motherfucker, the only game coming out next week as far as I'm concerned.

decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By decko5

I actually SOLD my Xbox One, I am getting Titanfall on PC.
I feel that I take my $50 loss and just wait till the Xbox One's inevitable drop in price or value bundle WHEN it finally has a game worth buying. There's nothing now or on the horizon for it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

If I purchase it - which I may - it will be the personal computer version.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By nightriff

I am tempted and if I was single and had some extra cash…might convince myself to buy one. But that isn't the case anymore so I can wait to get one some day. In the mean time I'll be happy with my PS4 and PC. Been a great few months cracking down on my backlog.

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By m4r71n2012

no im not going to spend £399 for one game, i'll probably get it on pc but the xone and ps4 have nothing to make them worth buying to me at all

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope. Ask again when Quantum Break is coming out.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50  Edited By Seppli

I would be, if the fucking thing even had a release date here. I'll never understand how Microsoft didn't manage to launch in Scandinavia and Switzerland yet, which are some of the highest income countries in the world. Admittedly, it wouldn't be a problem importing one from neighboring markets, but it's just not the same. Also Titanfall didn't fully click with me in the beta. Might just have been that I've played it on PC in a KB&M environment, which I find less fun than playing in a gamepad environment. Just too twitchy for my old bones.