Anyone pessimistic about most of the upcoming games?

• 51 results
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bhhawks78

I have seen alot of threads lately that have made me kind of jealous since everything I seem to have no interest in everyone is psyched for :(

New Zelda -  Looks like any of the 3d zeldas but with extra bad motion controls forced in and a potentially cool artstyle that was down quarter not even half assed.
KZ 3 - 2nd one controlled like shit, why would the same thing with 3d make me excited...:(
3ds/anything else in 3d - I rarely if ever play handhelds but even if the 3d works perfectly that is only an annoyance to me in anything that basically isn't layton or picross.
Anything motion controlled that isn't sports/exercise/boom blox sequel -  No game not in the list to the side has ever done anything better with motion than at best annoy me slightly and at worst make the game a piece of trash to me.
Infamous 2 - The first one had a god awful story/characters/voice actors to me and in the end all the attacks were essentially guns but with bullets replaced by electricity and less accurate...yawn.
LBP2 - Will be like the first one to me, nice for a few youtube clips but zero interest in playing at all.
Starcraft 2 - I am epic fail at competitive RTS
Wow expansion - only fun thing in wow to me is super hardcore raiding and that time commitment was fun for that one summer/early fall I got hurt then sick but I could never do that again.
Halo Reach - unless all the friends that used to play halo 2 with me for all those hours in early HS come back to the game I'll probably have fun in single but multi will be sadness. 
Gears 3 - Same as reach except even less interest in the multi
Valkiyria Chronicles 2 - On the psp...REALLY COME ON MAN! GAH! 
Portal 2 - I hate the source engine...maybe I'm insane but source engine games always feel fucked control wise to me /shrug 
Dead Rising 2 - Yay shitty save system and shallow combat...:(
All the awesome looking fighting games - Me playing fighting games is worse than Brad quicklook skill level, I mean I struggle vs the comp on easy settings, I'm good at shooters/platformers/action games but rts/fighting I'm a fucking incompetent fool

What I actually am excited for?
The Witcher 2 
Deadspace 2
....umm? Uncharted three when it gets announced at next E3 maybe?
Darkstar one looks potentially cool but probably awful?

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I disagree with almost all your opinions. 

I am very much looking forward to Killzone 3, inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and the like that you have up there.

Also, Street Fighter cross Tekken.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I'm always pessimistic *cuts wrists*

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By nicolenomicon

I'm just gonna leave the ones in your list in the quote for the ones I'm looking forward to as I am lazy. 

@bhhawks78 said:

KZ 3 
 Infamous 2 
 LBP2 
 Starcraft 2 
 Valkiyria Chronicles 2
 Portal 2  
 Deadspace 2  
 I'm going to love all those games from your list.
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bhhawks78
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" I disagree with almost all your opinions.   I am very much looking forward to Killzone 3, inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and the like that you have up there.  Also, Street Fighter cross Tekken. "
I wish I was, I regretted the purchase/rental of all three of those games earlier iterations so ...yeah  :(
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Wow, why do you even play video games?  Go find some other entertainment medium you'll enjoy more or something.

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MancombSeepgood

You seem hard to please. Almost all of these games look awesome.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By BraveToaster

Wow, I'm glad that I don't have your problem.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By CaptainTightPants

The 3DS pretty much blew everything away from me, possibly even more than the new zelda game. 
The remakes and other titles announced for the 3DS leave me only full of excitement 0.0  And seeing as i could care less for 3D and you could turn the 3D off well.... yeah :D
Also if im not mistaken didn't a majority of the people who played the new zelda game say that the controls were responsive and smooth. Not sure how they are going to be extra bad.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By canucks23

Yea... KZ2 controlled fine, people just cant get over it not controlling like a CoD/halo game where it's super fast and twitch. Halo Reach looks like pure awesomeness with all the stuff they're cramming into it and the removal of true skill which is crap. LBP2 looks fucking insane compared to the first one. Gears 3 looks like more Gears, which i can get down with cuz those games are just fun. Those are really just a few things i disagree with you on.

InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By InTheEnd

OP: Everything is shit! >:C 

You just hate everything don't you? You're just like Yahtzee in that I wonder why you even play videogames. 

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bhhawks78
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Wow, why do you even play video games?  Go find some other entertainment medium you'll enjoy more or something. "
I'm enjoying this free weekend of lead and gold.  I'm having fun with both deathspank and puzzle quest 2.  Just played a bunch of sega cart racer with my nephew and it was the first time I had fun with a cart racer since double dash.
I got the 2nd viva pinata on sale for like 7$ and am going to crack into that and see if I dig it today or tomorrow.

I just played through shatter/the witcher/Mass effect 2 (did it first on 360) all from the steam sale and enjoyed them all GREATLY.

I like games alot ! I swear!
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By animateria

Nowadays I look forward to games that drop prices, I haven't paid $60 for a game since Resonance of Fate back in April. (I don't think MHTri counts since I got the controller bundle for $60, a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.)

It's an awesome plan so far, I've played more games like I used to in the PS2 era. And my wallet is healthy.

So while I look forward to games, I don't plan on buying them at launch. You can say I'm more excited to play something like Red Dead Redemption when it finally drops to $30-40, than a new game coming out this winter.

Recently got Darksiders for $20 new... Friggin awesome.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Adamsons
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Wow, why do you even play video games?  Go find some other entertainment medium you'll enjoy more or something. "
Yeah.. this.
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By scarace360

dude your just hating and nit picking everything. Just play the game and enjoy it or dont play it.

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By chronicsmoke

I disagree with just about all your opinions,all those games except WOW  look fantastic to me,what games are you optomistic about?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@bhhawks78 said:
" I'm enjoying this free weekend of lead and gold.  I'm having fun with both deathspank and puzzle quest 2.  Just played a bunch of sega cart racer with my nephew and it was the first time I had fun with a cart racer since double dash. I got the 2nd viva pinata on sale for like 7$ and am going to crack into that and see if I dig it today or tomorrow.  I just played through shatter/the witcher/Mass effect 2 (did it first on 360) all from the steam sale and enjoyed them all GREATLY.  I like games alot ! I swear! "
Alright.  You may have unconventional tastes; nothing wrong with that.  But I'd suggest trying to ignore the minor annoyances of some games and focus on the positives as I think you'd enjoy them more that way.  I'm actually not interested in any game you listed except for Gears 3 and Portal 2 as I only own an Xbox 360 and those are the games that appeal to me, but there are so many more games that I look forward to than those.  There are so many more upcoming games, not all of them big ones but still good ones.
Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

The new controls in Zelda are apparently very responsive.

Kill Zone 3 is going to have a "run and gun" control option. Don't know exactly how it'll work, but it's been announced.

You can turn off the 3D on the 3DS, so it's basically a more powerful DS with internet and analogue control.

InFamous 2... hush you, InFamous was awesome.

Little Big Planet 2 won't just be platformers, it'll have other genres too.

Valkyria Chronicles probably didn't sell well enough to get a PS3 sequel. It's a shame, but it'll probably still be awesome.

Portal 2...try it on the consoles?

There was my stab at trying to brighten things up for you. I can't say anything on motion controls, since you obviously don't like them in any way. And i don't know too much about the rest of the stuff.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#19  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

After some of the stuff they showed off at E3 this year there's no way I could be pessimistic about the upcoming major games. Most of the games you've listed are titles which I think look really good.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Wow dude! Sucks for you that you will be missing out on some great games! 

Perhaps you shouldn't dismiss a game before it's released? 

Totally looking forward to The Witcher 2 and Dead Space 2 too though! 

@InTheEnd said:

You're just like Yahtzee in that I wonder why you even play videogames.  "
Except Yahtzee brings up valid points (most of the time) and is actually funny, if you can get past the fanboy rage that his "reviews" seem to induce on some people.
ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ViciousReiven

Sounds less like pessimism and more like you have no taste in games whatsoever.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Yeah a bit pessimistic here too.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ryanwho

I don't know how anyone who finished Witcher 1 could be overly excited about Witcher 2. As amazing as it looks in videos, dear god, bug heaven. 
Im excited for the 3DS and not much else, but as it is I only play PC and DS games for the most part. And also, part of my excitment is just the presumption that a bunch of PSP games and some PS2 games will get enhanced 3DS ports and also some lower budget Japanese devs will have a permanent home and not be forced to try and make their shit work on the PS3 or whatever.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bhhawks78
@Xtrememuffinman said:

" The new controls in Zelda are apparently very responsive.   "

Even if they are responsive, using the mote/chuck as sword/shield as half assed 1:1 is basically the last thing in the world I would ever want to do in a zelda game.

@animateria said:

" Nowadays I look forward to games that drop prices, I haven't paid $60 for a game since Resonance of Fate back in April. (I don't think MHTri counts since I got the controller bundle for $60, a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.) It's an awesome plan so far, I've played more games like I used to in the PS2 era. And my wallet is healthy.   So while I look forward to games, I don't plan on buying them at launch. You can say I'm more excited to play something like Red Dead Redemption when it finally drops to $30-40, than a new game coming out this winter.    Recently got Darksiders for $20 new... Friggin awesome. "

Mass Effect 2/Red Dead are the only games in a LONG time I bought for 60, between gamefly/used/goozex 60$ for anything but games I'm basically guaranteed to love and play for 40-50 hours and be sad they are ending sounds too expensive to me.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ryanwho
@bhhawks78: I don't really know what a Zelda fan like you expects when you bitch about something being too the same and too different at the same time.
Avatar image for mancombseepgood
MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MancombSeepgood
@ViciousReiven said:
" Sounds less like pessimism and more like you have no taste in games whatsoever. "
Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fbomb

I'm personally on a downloadable PSN game kick. I don't want 20-40hr games right now, so nothing is really compelling me either, but I think that's personal preference as opposed to actual game quality coming down the pipe this year. From my current collection,  I still have Yakuza 4, Way of Samurai 3 (alternate endings), 3D Dot Heroes, Uncharted 2, Bioshock, Mercs 2, and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head, to finish. I really don't need to add to that list at the moment, otherwise I'll never finish games I find fun, but haven't closed the book on quite yet.

Mattalorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Mattalorian

My gut reaction: As long as Diablo 3, Dead Space 2, and Marvel vs Capcom 3 are coming out, I will remain entirely optimistic about the future of video gaming.
Realistically, though, I'm not really looking forward to most of the upcoming major releases. I don't think games like Killzone 2, Gears of War 3, StarCraft 2, etc, will be actively bad, but I'm definitely not caught in the massive whirlwind of hype that those titles seem to get.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By trophyhunter

take the stick out of your asses and search the hole for where the magic went. 

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bhhawks78
@ryanwho said:
" @bhhawks78: I don't really know what a Zelda fan like you expects when you bitch about something being too the same and too different at the same time. "
Instead of going quarter assed on the artstyle go full out and just say deal with it if you get the windwaker esque reaction.
 Don't force any motion controls and allow full classic/GC controller support.
Try and not make the formula the same dungeon/get new item/use new item.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By toowalrus

Looks like you've just got a really shitty taste in games buddy, or an over-developed OLD MAN sense of "Back in my day..." 

...Back in my day, games wern't so terrible! The controls were better! The save systems were better! Every game was different! And man, could they really write stories back then!

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shirogane

Starcraft 2, cause it's not GODAMN OUT YET!!
jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jmfinamore

I'm finding that I'm more interested in some of the smaller upcoming releases, as most of the sequels being made are to games that I only kind of liked. Things like Vanquish and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (?) have me excited. 

Also, I know exactly what you mean about Source games. They've always felt really floaty to me. Despite that I love some of those games, but yea I get where you're coming from.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bhhawks78
@TooWalrus said:
" Looks like you've just got a really shitty taste in games buddy, or an over-developed OLD MAN sense of "Back in my day..."   ...Back in my day, games wern't so terrible! The controls were better! The save systems were better! Every game was different! And man, could they really write stories back then! "
Actually no outside of my irrational hardon for anything dreamcast related and the fact I had more time/more friends for multiplayer back in the day I think games are insanely better today.  Maybe I have the old man sense for 2007-2009 ? Lmao
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By toowalrus
@bhhawks78 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" Looks like you've just got a really shitty taste in games buddy, or an over-developed OLD MAN sense of "Back in my day..."   ...Back in my day, games wern't so terrible! The controls were better! The save systems were better! Every game was different! And man, could they really write stories back then! "
Actually no outside of my irrational hardon for anything dreamcast related and the fact I had more time/more friends for multiplayer back in the day I think games are insanely better today.  Maybe I have the old man sense for 2007-2009 ? Lmao "
Good, for a second I though you were going to try and convince me that FFVII or GoldenEye are 1000x better than anything made nowadays.
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bhhawks78
@TooWalrus said:
" @bhhawks78 said:
" @TooWalrus said:
Actually no outside of my irrational hardon for anything dreamcast related and the fact I had more time/more friends for multiplayer back in the day I think games are insanely better today.  Maybe I have the old man sense for 2007-2009 ? Lmao "
Good, for a second I though you were going to try and convince me that FFVII or GoldenEye are 1000x better than anything made nowadays. "
No I actually hate FF7 and played an obscene amount of goldeneye/perfect dark at the time, tried to play them again a year or two ago and we didn't last 2 matches, anything 3d pre dreamcast is basically unplayable to me now.
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Aus_azn

I'm interested in Starcraft 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 only. And I suck at RTS too; campaign it up!

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MiniPato

The game most people are pessimistic about is New Vegas. So what if it's just more Fallout 3 with improved game mechanics? I'm looking forward to that. People didn't rave about Fallout 3 for it's amazing character animations and to bitch about it in New Vegas is ridiculous. Of course I always viewed New Vegas as an expansion pack, so my expectations for it were never high.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bhhawks78
@MiniPato said:
" The game most people are pessimistic about is New Vegas. So what if it's just more Fallout 3 with improved game mechanics? I'm looking forward to that. People didn't rave about Fallout 3 for it's amazing character animations and to bitch about it in New Vegas is ridiculous. Of course I always viewed New Vegas as an expansion pack, so my expectations for it were never high. "
I totally forgot about New Vegas, will definitely play that, even if it just basically Fallout 3 xpac but huge I'd be pretty happy even though I doubt I'll buy it at 60$
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Nope. I'm really easy to please. I even love mediocre, and sometimes "bad" games.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bhhawks78
@Origina1Penguin said:
" Nope. I'm really easy to please. I even love mediocre, and sometimes "bad" games. "
I LOVED deadly premonition, played through rogue warrior (and enjoyed the lulz of it).  Hell i honestly think Rogue warrior is a better shooter than KZ2 and though Deadly premonition had infinitely better writing than both heavy rain and alan wake.  I guess the lesson of this thread is that I'm even weirder than I realized.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#42  Edited By sjschmidt93

Not as much as you are... 

Being bad at a game doesn't make it bad...

You can turn 3D off on the 3DS... 

Plus just hating Source game controls? Eh...

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bhhawks78
@SJSchmidt93 said:

" Not as much as you are...  Being bad at a game doesn't make it bad... You can turn 3D off on the 3DS...  Plus just hating Source game controls? Eh... "

Saying a game is bad and saying I know I won't enjoy a game because I can't compete are two different things.
Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ragdrazi

I have to say, it really seems like we're going through something of a lull. Portal 2 is the only game coming out to be really excited about. That's too bad.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By Bones8677

I try not to be pessimistic. It's not healthy.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DrPockets000

I'm not super excited for most of the games you listed, but I am for some of them. 

Also, you listed less than a quarter of the upcoming games.  I'm very excited for most of the ones you didn't actually post.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#47  Edited By jacksukeru

For a pretty long while I didn't enjoy the games I played, it was partly because of the games themselves, partly because I was so behind in my game playing with so many games stacked up, that I just felt like I had to rush through everything to catch up. I didn't do that though and it felt like I would always have too many games left to finish. I feel as I am catching up now though, finally so I have started enjoying them more. 

Out of your list I'm actually excited for: 
3DS - Don't care about 3D since I haven't seen anything with it ever, but I love my DS and this is more of that. 
Infamous - Just played through it the other day, I liked the story and the characters (and concept, uncostumed super hero) but agree with you when it comes to the "guns". I'm curious where the sequel is gonna go. 
Portal 2 - I played the Ps3 version of Portal which was arguably the worst version and was fine with it, I'm sure the sequel will be fine too. 
Dead Rising 2 - It seems cool and a lot of people seemed to like the original so I'm excited to hear more and maybe try this game out. 
Fighting games - I love fighting games, I suck at them but it doesn't discourage me from buying them because they have cool characters and having something to play with friends once in a while. 

Deadspace 2 - Interested, but not that excited since I didn't really like the first one. 
LBP2 - maybe, played the demo of the first one and didn't like the controls, also didn't feel like I had time to spend creating levels at that time, maybe once I finally catch up...

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48  Edited By Deusoma
@bhhawks78: 
I wholeheartedly agree on the 3DS and Dead Rising 2, but I disagree on most of the others. 

To give just one example, I've never played Halo for the multiplayer scene. It is playing through those games with my brothers that brings me the most joy, and so it is that I know I will get my money's worth out of Reach.
Thatotherguy79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Thatotherguy79

I envy people flashing there long video game lists gushing with excitement the last time I felt that way was the 90's.

My only advice is play video games less if you really love it because when you got all the time in the world and to much money to waste on them it will suck for you.
That's coming from my experience I've been playing games for 24 years I was spoiled with to much money and had nearly every damn video game released for the consoles in USA from the late 80's up to 2000.

I  just  play  3 or 4 video games a year now and rarely touch online multiplayer.

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By Faint

first of all i think you're taking way too much of a negative outlook on these titles. second of all i agree that the upcoming titles aren't the most exciting to come out. i play ps3 rather than 360 and im not remotely interested in infamous 2 for example. because i play ps3, i dont care about gears of war 3. ill play starcraft but im not massive on strategy. valkyria chronicles 2 on psp MAJOR cop out i would have bought it if it were on ps3. im a bit of an rpg gamer and as of late its looking quite gloomy. dragon quest im not interested in for ds either having greatly enjoyed 8 on ps2. also as an rpg gamer you often hang around for the next final fantasy. 13 sucked and 14 i dont even know if ill play due to it being subscription (ive played every ff but 11), so i guess ill be waiting until 2020 for ff15?

the only game im pretty excited about is fallout new vegas. i played some fallout 3 recently and that game got me pretty sucked in