Anyone recommend some iphone games?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

Girlfriend got me one for Christmas, and I don't really know where to start with games. I don't want anything with on-screen control pads, or representations of "actual games" like Need for Speed or Assassin's Creed.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By EVO

mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mrjared
@EpicSteve said:
" Girlfriend got me one for Christmas, and I don't really know where to start with games. I don't want anything with on-screen control pads, or representations of "actual games" like Need for Speed or Assassin's Creed. "
I'm in the same boat you are, my friend :)  And welcome to the awesome world of iPhone gaming. Here are my suggestions. Some of these have GiantBomb pages but I'm going to go ahead and link to the iTunes store for conveinence sake. 

Eliss - This is the game that validated the iPhone as a gaming platform and its quite timeless. Its a simple puzzle game where differently colored planets appear and its your job to put them in the correct space, in the correct size, without touching any of the other planets. It starts out simple enough, but thanks to its fantastic use of the multi-touch surface (seriously, Eliss requires a lot of fingers) its almost like playing intergalactic Twister. It's also incredibly charming to boot and is always my #1 recommendation. 

Canabalt - Simple, stylist and incredibly addicting, Canabalt is one of those games you'll pick up many, many times for just a minute and get a ton of gameplay out of. You control a man trying to escape from ... some kind of crazy disaster and your only control is to jump. It sounds too simple to be awesome, but it really has to be seen to be believed. 

Space Invaders Infinity Gene - A different take on the Space Invaders Extreme series, Infinity Gene is great on the iPod since it can use your music to create unique stages.  

Freeverse Skee-Ball - Probably the most addicting iPhone game out there. It's really, really ridiculous how this simple game can consume people. Super easy to play, very rewarding stuff. 

Aieee, I gotta cut this short. Other games to check out would be Critter Crunch, Edge, Top Gun and Rolando 2.
DarthSniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DarthSniper

Kingdom of Gnester would be a good choice.  Was just released yesterday.  Its a combination of a match three puzzle game and a platformer like mario.  Its on the top 100 puzzle game and its only been out for 24 hours.  Very addicting price is perfect at $1.99.  

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

Tap Tap Revenge 2. It's free and sorta like Guitar Hero/Rock Band. The only bad part is that it eats up your battery life like there's no tomorrow, so don't play it on trips.