This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RonJ (4 posts) -

Dicuss. Do you think we will pull through and have a variety and lots of releases of games still or are we heading for just a halo, cod, assassin's creed era.

#2 Posted by Jimbo (9862 posts) -

It's keeping me up nights.

#3 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

How about we discuss how lame it is when topics demand that I discuss something. If you cant come up with a good opening statement, or even just restate your question in the text field then don't post.

#4 Posted by mrpandaman (866 posts) -

Like many have said, this is a transition year, there's not going to be a whole lot of new IPs being announced while the new consoles are just lurking on the horizon. In terms of AAA games this may be the case, but there are a huge variety of games that come out, they just don't get the proper spotlight.

#5 Edited by Galiant (2193 posts) -

The only things I fear are gimmicks, I don't like them. But - even if they were to become the majority of the market, I know there will always be a corner of the gaming industry that would still put out my Fallouts and Skyrims without forcing me to use motion controls or tablets.

...so I'm not that worried. The game industry is huge and varied, and I love it.

#6 Posted by jking47 (1215 posts) -

It is a little hard to discuss an original post which has no content. But no, I am not worried. Indie games are doing great, and there has been a recent resurgence of great games based on older formulas (Dark/Demon's souls, Mech games coming back, XCOM, etc). I just don't pay attention to games I don't like, it has been working out very well for me so far, I have always been able to find something to play.

#7 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

I'm worried about the state of your question about the state of the video game industry.

Discuss.

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I was expecting the first post to have substance.

#9 Posted by Brodehouse (10066 posts) -

There are more games being released than ever before.

#10 Posted by believer258 (11979 posts) -

No, I am not. I just think it's expanding far beyond what it used to be, that's all, and what we nerds and geeks like (and some sports games) isn't the only thing on the block now.

#11 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1008 posts) -

I'm worried you spelled "discuss" dicuss. And think people should chill out about games. There are plenty of games that aren't COD, Halo or Assassins Creed. Hell, just look at all the Quicklooks that GB has been doing, they are all weird/unknown/quirky games. You just have to pay attention. 

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:

I'm worried about the state of your question about the state of the video game industry.

Discuss.

Discuss.
#13 Posted by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

I was expecting the first post to have substance.

Yup, I was expecting a long post about recent studio closures, the uncertainty that comes with working in the industry etc.

#14 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

Discuss.

Discuss.

Thoughts?

#15 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1844 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

Discuss.

Discuss.

Indeed

#16 Posted by Wacomole (830 posts) -

I'm worried about round flat objects that you can throw.

Discus.

#17 Posted by stinky (1549 posts) -

my comments adds nothing to the conversation.

Discuss.

#18 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I'm terrified and the future might have robots that might attack us.

Discuss.

#19 Posted by ZombiePie (5705 posts) -

Adding the word "discuss" to a sentence does not mean you have created a forum topic with discussion material. Please take the time to create forum topics with genuine discussion material to it or it too will be locked for being spam.