Best console to get FIT!

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm looking to get fit for my wedding this Christmas. I want to supplement going to the gym with maybe some fun ways to get fit with games and such.

Which is the best console for doing so? Wii U or Xbox One? Which has the best games etc.

Thank you in advance duders!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

Dance Central is coming to the xone, that game can work up a sweat and it's fun too.

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right! I hear the Xbox one has something called Xbox fitness? Is it any good? Is it ...free!?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i tried some of the 30min and 10 min workouts, I thought it was alright. There is a lot of free vids (Free for gold members) You definitely need some space for it.

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great duder thanks for the info.

deadshot_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox One :)

ibaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

For me no question xbox fitness is the way to go. It's the real deal. Good range of workouts for most levels of fitness.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By KaneRobot

A friend of mine has sworn up and down that the Xbone fitness stuff is really good. I don't have the room to try it, but both he and his wife are way into it.

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright looks like he Xbox is a clear winner. I'll order one tonight. Thank you all

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy

I also want to point out that Ubisoft has that new Xbox One game coming out they showed off at E3. It actually looks like it could be a lot of ridiculous fun. It's a fitness/competition game where you compete with others in the room (there is probably also a single player mode) in different exercises, all while on screen crazy things are happening. Like during push-ups, a whale will balance on your back or something. It looks super responsive and actually perfectly recreates your body on the screen, it's kind of freaky.

I think it's called Shape Up!

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kylenalepa

Could pick up a Japanese PS2 and a DDR pad.

EDIT: Under the assumption that there are more DDR games released in Japan than the US.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Xbox One. Dance Central & Xbox Fitness. I use Xbox Fitness every day now. Lots of free stuff, and even more if you want to throw a couple of bucks down. The Kinect tracking may seem silly at first, but it really plays a huge part in the harder, faster stuff.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Some of that kinect stuff worked for me in the short term. I didn't really stick with it, but it got me moving with direction well enough.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kylenalepa: I would recommend just getting a PC dance pad since there's Stepmania which people have ported every song from every DDR ever to as well as some new ones.

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

Play Metal Slug 3 without credit feeding and do some pushups, chinups, jumping jacks etc. every time you get a Game Over.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Combine the Kinect with the Balance Board for maximum fitness.

Drekly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy:

Any idea when that's coming out?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@drekly: It's coming this holiday apparently! Can't find a solid release date but the trailers all say Holiday 2014.

bremaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to play Dance Dance Revolution to lose weight. It actually works fairly decently. The music is a bit bland and boring for a lot of the games, but I just muted the TV and played my own music. Yes I realize that kills the rhythm, but it worked fine for me. Plus there are a lot of games available these days so you can have many options.