Best Controllers Reviews

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By way

I thought it would be cool to post reviews of the most comfortable gaming controllers

Atari 7800 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKxSiPTO47M&feature=channel

Sega Genesis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfhRbv4rFwg

Sega Saturn Model 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjDvdyfaAhY&feature=related

Sega Saturn Model 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoLC93zVgOE&feature=related

Sega Master System http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J4Uqwp35hM&feature=related

NES Advantage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFSBjC41njU

Sega Genesis 6 Button Arcade Stick  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ZrzrWpkqU&feature=channel

These are the best controllers IMO

I know Neo-Geo has some good ones, but don't have a video on it.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Of the controllers listed, the Genesis controller is the only one I've ever used, and I had some problems with it. Basically, it's lack of buttons caused some problems. I remember playing Mortal Kombat on it, and in order to do a high punch, I'd have to push A + B, and for a high kick I'd need to press B + C, and man... that's just totally lame. Also, if my memory serves, the d-pad wasn't too great either.

I think the Gamecube was one of the most comfortable controllers to hold, but not exactly the most comfortable to use. Is it sad that I still think the SNES is like the ultimate controller? It wasn't the most comfortable shape, but I loved the shoulder buttons, as well as the concave and convex buttons. I really can't understand why that button combo hasn't returned. The Dual Shock has a weird, small, kinda uncomfortable shape, and in my experience the shoulder buttons broke and jammed too easily, but other than that, it's solid. The 360 controller could be excellent if it wasn't for the fact that it has such a lousy d-pad. The Wii controller... yeah, that's too easy, I'm not even gonna go there.

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By way
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bullet_Jr
TheGreatGuero said:
"Of the controllers listed, the Genesis controller is the only one I've ever used, and I had some problems with it. Also, if my memory serves, the d-pad wasn't too great either.
See everybody, I told you the Genesis D-pad sucked!
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok

The Gamecube's controller is the greatest controller I've ever held in my hands. If that's not comfortable then you don't know what comfortable is. Also, the Genesis controller was anything but comfortable.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Nope. I never actually owned a Genesis. My best friend had one, and he had the standard controllers.

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By way

The Gamecube controller was not cool.

The D-Pad was too far to the middle and is placed in a weird spot. Also, the shoulder buttons could be more responsive. As for the color coordination, it's just weird, it's like a rainbow. Get's confusing. It's just a confusing controller.

The Genesis was perfect, and if you use the 6 button controller, you can play Street Fighter II easily.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PureRok

No.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bullet_Jr

The Gamecube controller could have been the best, if it had another top shoulder button, one that worked (the Z button was iffy most the time), and if it had a larger D-Pad.

The PS2 controller is still my favorite controller, aside from the original NES controller.

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By way

The analog sticks on the Ps2 weren't very grippable or comfortable because it felt too much like rubber.

As for the NES controller, it's way too small, and the rectangle design hurt your hand after a while.

The Master System controller was more comfortable than the NES one.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero
Bullet_Jr said:
"The Gamecube controller could have been the best, if it had another top shoulder button, one that worked (the Z button was iffy most the time), and if it had a larger D-Pad.

The PS2 controller is still my favorite controller, aside from the original NES controller."
Also, dude... the L and R trigger buttons on the Gamecube could have been better. They had 3 levels of sensitivity, which you can see clearly in games like Luigi's Mansion where you're using your flamethrower or ice blower vaccuum upgrades or whatever. Push it down a little bit, and a little fire comes out. Push it down a little more, and more fire... push it down to the fullest point and the trigger button clicks, and then it shoots fire out at full power. This is where the problem with the trigger buttons comes in. For the buttons to register for most games, you have to push the trigger buttons all the way in until it clicks. The problem with this is you have to push it pretty hard to push it in all the way real quick, so in games like Mario Kart: Double Dash where the trigger buttons are used for starting a drift, you gotta push them down hard and often. It can actually be pretty rough on the fingers, and it's totally lame when you push it down, but not quite hard enough for the "click" and then it doesn't do anything. Plus the design of the face buttons isn't really as comfortable for pushing multiple face buttons at once.
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bullet_Jr
way said:
"The analog sticks on the Ps2 weren't very grippable or comfortable because it felt too much like rubber.

As for the NES controller, it's way too small, and the rectangle design hurt your hand after a while.

The Master System controller was more comfortable than the NES one."
I agree, the NES controller had it's flaws but the shear simplicity of it makes it my number 1 controller of all time. Face buttons, start and select and a D-pad: This has been the very foundation of what a controller should be and still holds true to this day.

Then again, maybe it's a nostolgia thing.
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Don't you guys have better things to do? Like solve world hunger? Or having sex?

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By way

just had sex, and pizza is on the way

Stanford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stanford

Xbox 360 controllers suck

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Pibo47

360 controller>>>>all other controllers.

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By way

The 360 controller is really bad

The D-pad doesn't work, it's too slippery, and the buttons are too small. A perfect diamond button layout isn't comfortable, it's hard to hold down 3 at a time, or 2.

The original Xbox controller button layout was better cause it was curved for your thumb.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Captain_Fookup

The xbox 360 is amazing minus the shitty D-pad, I can't even play any fighting games with it. That will change once I get the SF4 arcade stick soon.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Captain_Fookup said:
"The xbox 360 is amazing minus the shitty D-pad, I can't even play any fighting games with it."
I agree in the full with this statement.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Karmum

Probably my two favorite game controllers: Dualshock and the Xbox 360 Wired Controller. I twiddle my fingers alot on the back of the 360 controllers, so I need that space, in contrast to the battery that is built into the Wireless one.