Genesis > SNES

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By way

Genesis had the better D-Pad, and the Multiplats were better. Like Aladdin, Jurrasic Park, Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter 2.

Also, if you notice, the SF4 Controller is more similiar to the Genesis than the SNES layout, because fighting games were just better on the Genesis.

Anyway, these aren't the only reasons why the Genesis is better. It's also because the games weren't censored and Sonic was more impressive than Donkey Kong Country back than.

Thoughts?

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I remember the D-pad on the Genesis being shit.

I also remember Jurassic Park being better on the SNES (though JP on Sega was my favorite Genesis game).

Finally, Donkey Kong Country was by far more impressive than Sonic, though I played Sonic 3 more than any DK game.

I liked my SNES much more, but I've been a Nintendo fanboy since the age of 3, but I had both systems so I really can't say a bad thing about either of them.

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deathfury

I wish they made a GeneSNES.

But i prefer the SNES to the Genesis.

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By way

Jurassic Park for the Genesis was far superior. You could play as a raptor and eat people, not to mention, it was an amazing platformer. The SNES version was weird with it's topview and was nowhere near as fun.

As for the D-Pad, the SNES was way too stiff. The Genesis was perfect though, because it had a D-pad with a Circle around it, so there's more durability.

And Sonic still plays and looks amazing today. As for Donkey Kong Country, it was impressive, but Sonic was just way more fun imo.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By randiolo

did anyone play asterix for the genesis? that game was golden.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

SNES ftw.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By super_machine

The Genesis had terrible sound compared to the SNES.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By gunswordfist
way said:
"

Genesis had the better D-Pad, and the Multiplats were better. Like Aladdin, Jurrasic Park, Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter 2.

Also, if you notice, the SF4 Controller is more similiar to the Genesis than the SNES layout, because fighting games were just better on the Genesis.

Anyway, these aren't the only reasons why the Genesis is better. It's also because the games weren't censored and Sonic was more impressive than Donkey Kong Country back than.

Thoughts?

"
FINALLY, someone on Giantbomb tells the TRUTH!!! Genesis is better than SNES. MK STILL sucks on any Nintendo console and it started with the 'spit instead of blood' port of Mortal Kombat 1. What a moron the US Nintendo president was. Also Genesis' first party>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SNES' first party. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is better than any Mario game and still has the best level design out of any game ever made AND is still the Greatest Platformer Of All Time. SNES had many great games but Sega's/Sonic Team's were just plain better such as Phantasy Star (my personal favorite turn-based RPG), Vectorman, Altered Beast, Streets Of Rage/2, Shinobi, and Golden Axe!!
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PureRok

Sonic better than anything is bullshit and you need to stop lying to yourself. Sonic is and always has been utter shit.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

*looks at title*
*In Marcus Fenix voice*, "COME ON!"

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bullet_Jr
PureRok said:
"Sonic better than anything is bullshit and you need to stop lying to yourself. Sonic is and always has been utter shit."
Sonic has always been the shit (in a good way, people).

Unless you count some of the horrible Sonic spin-offs (pun intended), they were all great games.
way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By way

This is true, Sonic 1 2 3, CD, Pinball and Sonic and Knuckles were great games.

Classics

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bullet_Jr
way said:
"This is true, Sonic 1 2 3, CD, Pinball and Sonic and Knuckles were great games.

Classics"
It's really hard for me to pick sides now, 15 years after the SNES and Genesis were actually competing. Especially since I absolutely adore both consoles.

Now that I am a more seasoned gamer, I'll say that the SNES vs Genesis war is a draw.

Both consoles contributed too much to gaming to pick a winner of that generation.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gunswordfist
PureRok said:
"Sonic better than anything is bullshit and you need to stop lying to yourself. Sonic is and always has been utter shit."
Whoa, that was an intelligent post. I used to have some respect for you but I made a mistake and thought you had more brain cells than that. My bad.