Best news of E3

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By crusnchill

What news did you guys wet your underwear over? (Also, if you can set them in order of importance to you.)
For me it had to be:

1. DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes, that does mean I'm shouting it.) Love the look and gameplay of this game and I get a boner every time I see this being shown. (not quite, but you catch my drift.)

2. Left 4 Dead 2. (I'm so exctied for this one to come out. And the fact that there are going to be a tonne more levels this time around leaves me ecstatic. My only annoyance is that they should have done/still should be more free DLC, as the original was as un-finished product when it was released and still is, even with the free survival pack DLC to boot, but this did manage to make up slightly for this fail on Valves' part.)

3. I'm a little more optimistic about the MMO, Star War's: TOR.
But as allway's with MMO's, I'm still VERY sceptical as to how good a game this will be, high hopes it will live up to my fantasies of what a good star wars games should be.

4. MGS: Rising. I'm still hoping that this isn't the only MGS title to come to the XBOX 360 (MGS4 anybody?) but I'm very happy I at least get something metal gear related, in whatever form that may be. Even if it's confusing as f*** when it comes to the less obvious connection's.

5. Crysis 2.
I loved the original on my powerhouse computer and Crysis: Warhead too. Now I want MORE MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
But seriously, I'm happy that console owner's get to experience Crysis too, I just hope that Crytek studios make the original's available to play on the console's as well as Crysis 2, so anyone can get to play them and have as much fun as I did with them on my PC.

The list goes on, but I'll leave it at that...

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

I don't think it's the best news, but FFXIV. I don't give a shit about that game, but it made my head fucking spin. I thought Jack was joking...then a trailer started...then it kept going.

My personal excitement (that's not tech like Natal) Crackdown 2.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive

You should have named this, best news from Microsoft's (and EA's) conference

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

CRACK DOWN 2!!!!!!!!!

seriously im so happy about that 

and left for dead 2 (stupid name though)
Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By pissedoffthewitch

Tons of awsome news but the one that got me most excited was Alan Wake and God of War 3

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive

hmm. do you think inFamous has anything to do with the sudden excitement over a new Crackdown?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

I think this thread is kind of the same as this thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All BioWare stuff was awesome, as was new MGS, as was the new reboot for Metroid.

Disappointed they didn't have a new trailer for Heavy Rain though.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crusnchill
@TwoOneFive:
Yeah, now I think about it, I should of. ;=)
Nothing else seemed to fly out at me as much.
I suppose nintendo and sony need to work on that some more.
crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crusnchill
@TwoOneFive:
Don't forget prototype aswell.
You mention one, then you better not forget to mention the other. lol.
Or that's how it seem's on the forum's these day's. Am I right?

(I'm getting prototype aswell so I needed to mention it.)
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
@crusnchill said:
" @TwoOneFive: Don't forget prototype aswell.You mention one, then you better not forget to mention the other. lol.Or that's how it seem's on the forum's these day's. Am I right?(I'm getting prototype aswell so I needed to mention it.) "
meh. i'll see when it comes out. inFamous is easily one of the best games of this generation. I played this NONSTOP until i beat it. 
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By atejas

Crackdown 2 and The Last Guardian.

Beyond that, I'm only waiting for Blizzcon and whatever goddamned schedule GSC Gameworld operates on.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Gunner

My favorite thing from the whole thing was probably dragon age as well, although, i wish they would have shown actual gameplay.

The game that surprised me the most was probably the new Splinter Cell game, the Splinter Cell games never really interested me in the past but this one caught my eye.

overall this years' e3 seems kinda lack luster, probably because of all the leaks.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By penguindust

There were quite a few things that impressed me from the conferences and what coverage I saw online and on G4.

• Crackdown 2.  Just knowing that they are actively working on this title makes me very happy.  I don't expect the title to come out until late next year, but I am just so relieved to know it is definitely coming.  I'm also happy to see there will be super villains to fight.  Some people I'd heard are a little upset that the story seems to be following the InFamous/Prototype infection route, but I think it's too early to say that and even if it's true, I don't care.  I love Crackdown 1 and it had practically no story. 
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic.  This MMO holds the most promise to me right now.  I was very excited to hear about Bioware reuniting with the Star Wars franchise months ago.  The trailer I saw this E3 is only more proof in my mind that Bioware knows how to handle the license.  That trailer was better than anything else Star Wars I've seen in years.  I am ready to turn all my free time over to them (sorry Blizzard).
  • Assassin's Creed 2.  I was not a huge fan of the original, but the on-stage demo I saw at the Sony conference and some of the things the developers said during their presentation on G4 sold me on this sequel.  It looks so much more interesting than the original to me.  This title went from "meh" to "wow" on my list.
  • Joyride / Mod Nation Racer.  Both these titles were pleasant surprises for me.  I still enjoy racing games but all the hullabaloo over GT5 and Forza 3 are lost on me.  I like racers easy and cartoony.  Mario Kart is great, but how about something more?  These titles take different routes to achieve the same goodness.  I'm looking forward to trying out both next year. 
  • Uncharted: Among Thieves.  Wow, this title has moved to my number one anticipated game for 2009 now.  Sure, I'll pick up Modern Warfare 2 and ODST when they come out, but no other game has me more excited to play this year than Uncharted.  I loved the demo at Sony and can't wait to see more as the expo continues.
  • APB.  I really didn't know what to expect from this title.  What I've seen since the expo has begun has me truly interested in seeing more.  I think this could be a great 2nd MMO.  It's from the guys who made the original Crackdown, so I have faith that they can make a game that entertains for hours and hours.

There are other titles like Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Borderlands and Brutal Legend that have me more hyped, but the above items either changed my opinion of them or etched their position as "day one buys" in stone from what I've seen in the E3 coverage.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By get2sammyb

My favourite things so far:

• The Beatles Rock Band: Looks like they really nailed the "feel" of that game. Really great cinematics and backing stuff.
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves: OH-MY-GOD!
  • God Of War III: OH-MY-GOD!
  • MAG: It works....
  • PSP: It actually has games now.
  • Modnation Racers: Really, really impressive demo.
  • Sony's Motion Controller: I started thinking "WTF!?" but then, when they got to the archery section and he pulled an arrow off his back - man... That was how the Wii was supposed to be.
  • Metroid: LOOKED AMAZING.
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2: Follow-up to the best game this generation.

:)