Best Place To Sell Used Consoles With Games and Accessories?

Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Kbm600

By now, I think we've all established that Gamestop is a complete con of a business when it comes to trading in used materials. For this reason, I was hoping some of the Giant Bomb community might be able to come and help me out and suggest where I might sell the things I'm looking to sell (because unfortunately, I'm strapped for cash right now) and what is a reasonable price I should look for it all. 

I have:
A Used (good condition, never red ringed) Xbox 360 Arcade version with a controller and a headset for xbox live.
A wireless internet adapter
A 256 (I think) mb memory card
Used copies of GTA IV and Halo 3: ODST and an xbox live compilation disc of arcade titles (came with the system)

I'm just really looking for a place to sell this at if anyone has any idea, if it helps at all I'm in the US.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

eBay will get you the best price by far.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By lead_farmer
@MattyFTM said:
" eBay will get you the best price by far. "
Yes, use eBay.  Gamestop will only give you $80 and one shoelace.
Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kbm600
@MattyFTM said:
Thank you. do you know what price I should approximately go for if I go through with that?
nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nukesniper
@lead_farmer said:
" @MattyFTM said:
Yes, use eBay.  Gamestop will only give you $80 and one shoelace. "
DAMN! A shoelace!? I need to find your Gamestop. They are throwing shit around like its some sort of holiday!
aylien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By aylien

Have you tried cheapassgamer.com? It's a great community, and you can sell your items on their marketplace. Registration is free, and there's no fee to pay for selling to other users. Oh yeah, and you can leave feedback for both buyers and sellers, like in ebay and amazon, so you'll have a fairly good idea of the type of people you're dealing with.
They might also be able to point you to other places where you could sell your used stuff for a reasonable price.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By iam3green

ebay or craigslist. 

craiglist if u want to meet a stranger somewhere. 

ebay if u want to ship it out.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mmmslash

Craigslist has been working great for me, as a buyer. I've been swindling folks left and right, it's fantastic.

Last week, I paid $25 for Socom: Confrontation, Fallout 3, and Resistance 2.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Ryax
@iam3green said:
" ebay or craigslist.   craiglist if u want to meet a stranger somewhere.   ebay if u want to ship it out. "
craigslist has always creeped me out. but im not a very trusting person so it makes sense. 

as for the op. i would say ebay. best bet and you'd get the most money from ebay
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fwylo
@Kbm600: like the rest, craigslist and ebay. Everyone makes craigslist out to be a lot worse than it really is.  And as for ebay, go on there and search for what you're tryign to sell.  Get a range for the prices that are up there already, and put it up there for what you think you would buy it for.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By iam3green
@Ryax:  it sometimes can be weird. there can be scammers there. i bought a broken 360 rrod and the person gave me the wrong power cable. he said that he would be in town weekend and he never returned my calls after that. i bought a power brick on ebay which was good. 

i didn't get it fixed but i found another use for the broken 360 stuff.  i ended up using the broken parts and using them for the working 360.