Best Soundtrack of the Generation - Semifinals, Group 2

• 64 results
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Best Soundtrack of the Generation - Semifinals, Group 2 (281 votes)

Nier 12%
Bastion 27%
Final Fantasy 13 5%
Super Mario Galaxy 13%
Mass Effect 2 16%
Read Dead Redemption 12%
Fez 14%

Top 2 move on to the finals. Poll results final as of Tuesday December 3rd after 3 PM EST.

• 
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Nier damnit! You already disappointed me GB with your taste in women. (referring to female characters thread) Don't continue it here.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Nier is the best among all of these games.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

How the hell is Super Mario Galaxy losing?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I am genuinely surprised how often people misspell 'Red Dead Redemption' as 'Read Dead Redemption'. It seems almost as often as people writing 'Cthulu' instead of 'Cthulhu', except for the fact that 'red' is a real word that people use on a daily basis - and is one of the first words that people ever learn...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

If Nier doesn't win I will be really sad :(

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Woops. I think that's the first time it happened to me, lol.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Flappy

NieR.

Loading Video...

NieR.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Milkman

#FuckNier

Loading Video...

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

Overbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Overbite

Blood Dragon not being on this list is a god damn travesty. Nier is good but it's not this

Loading Video...

or this

Loading Video...

Powerglove nails the theme and essence of 80s action movies better than the rest of the game. The game wouldn't even be half as good if not for this soundtrack. It fits the game like a glove. A power glove.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#TeamNier

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at Galaxy being second last. Oh well.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By Yummylee
Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Canteu

Nier should win.

Stop voting for a soundtrack because of one song.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#Bestion

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Dead Redemption should win.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By donchipotle

Every song in Nier is great. Just relax and let the music calm your nerves.

Loading Video...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Animasta
@yummylee said:

half of the Nier soundtrack is on my playlist, Q.E.D.

enai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

The soundtrack was perfect for that game.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@yummylee said:

This can no way be directed at Nier. The entirety of Nier's OST is stellar and I can't choose just one song from it to represent it.

Whereas the competitors have a couple good songs, and some of the others didn't really leave a lasting impression with their OST and the choices that people have chose to represent that game haven't wow'd me.

None of these are in Nier's league in my honest opinion.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Yummylee

@animasta said:
@yummylee said:

I don't doubt it, and I also own RDR's OST and still listen to some songs whenever they pop up. I was simply rephrasing @canteu's post to prove how moronic it is.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Was MGR even on the list? I don't see a link to the main thread anywhere

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@animasta said:
@yummylee said:

I don't doubt it, and I also own RDR's OST and still listen to some songs whenever they pop up. I was simply rephrasing @canteu's post to prove how moronic it is.

really though? read dead redemption, whenever people talk about the soundtrack, it's always that song you get when you travel to mexico. Bastion, it's always Zulf's theme and Zia's theme (I actually played that game in the past 2 days for the first time because I was bored and did not think they were that great, even inside the game's context)

I'm not saying ME2's my favorite or anything, but people do choose lots of different tracks from it (though tbh I thought ME3's was much better) as is Nier (and the rest of them I guess). Which I think was his point.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yummylee

@animasta said:

@yummylee said:

@animasta said:
@yummylee said:

really though? read dead redemption, whenever people talk about the soundtrack, it's always that song you get when you travel to mexico. Bastion, it's always Zulf's theme and Zia's theme (I actually played that game in the past 2 days for the first time because I was bored and did not think they were that great, even inside the game's context)

I'm not saying ME2's my favorite or anything, but people do choose lots of different tracks from it (though tbh I thought ME3's was much better) as is Nier (and the rest of them I guess). Which I think was his point.

Dead End Alley.

Compass.

Deadman's Gun.

Bury Me Not

Satisfied? They're just some of the songs that I enjoy listening to, and to state that the people that aren't voting for Nier are clearly only voting for *soundtrack of choice* because of one song is reeeeeeediculous.

Also, I don't know what you're talking about. When it comes to the ME2 & ME3 soundtracks, people only ever link to the Suicide Mission theme for ME2, and the sad piano music from ME3. /derp

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By DeadpanCakes

Woah, two of my three nominations are on here. Then again, I'm not all that surprised about that though, 'cause they were both fantastic.

Gotta go with Bastion though. Spike in a Rail pops in to my head way too often for me not to vote for it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I don't think he was talking to you personally...though since the collectors theme is also the main theme, I do recall many references to the theme in other songs, which people (including me) always like.

besides, the real reason Nier isn't winning is because not many people played it. I'm not going to speak to RDR because I played that game for 3 hours and took it back, but Bastion? Not exactly the most amazing soundtrack I've ever heard (I'd put ME2, FF13, and Nier above it and they're the only 4 I've played of the list). Sure, Nier's soundtrack is good even if you haven't played the game, but the way it's used in the game is a large reason of why I love it so much.

Hell, I'd even say the reason ME2 is so high because it was also voted the best game of the generation on here, which is also the reason Dark Souls got to the semifinals here.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Flappy

NieR is in danger of losing to ME2.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee I love that when I say so little, people take it to their own interpretation and just go nuts balls.

I never said the stuff you're claiming. Apparently I'm real good at sparking serious conversation between you serious grumps just by making silly remarks that you all take seriously.

I love it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Yummylee

@animasta said:

@yummylee: I don't think he was talking to you personally...though since the collectors theme is also the main theme, I do recall many references to the theme in other songs, which people (including me) always like.

besides, the real reason Nier isn't winning is because not many people played it. I'm not going to speak to RDR because I played that game for 3 hours and took it back, but Bastion? Not exactly the most amazing soundtrack I've ever heard (I'd put ME2, FF13, and Nier above it and they're the only 4 I've played of the list). Sure, Nier's soundtrack is good even if you haven't played the game, but the way it's used in the game is a large reason of why I love it so much.

Hell, I'd even say the reason ME2 is so high because it was also voted the best game of the generation on here, which is also the reason Dark Souls got to the semifinals here.

I know he wasn't talking to me personally, but again to state that anyone is voting for whatever because of one song is ridiculous, because the same thing could then be said about anybody voting for Nier.

And I dunno, for a game that so few people played, Nier is still a head of a lot of pretty substantial games up there. But oh well, the fact that RDR isn't winning is obviously because Jeff didn't like the game and so everybody is just following his lead ect. ect.

...I'm basically just really annoyed at how everybody keeps jumping to these stupid conclusions when the thing they voted for is isn't winning and will then try to rationalise why. Just an awful lot of people taking these polls way too seriously, and getting pissy and defensive when their horse loses. Most of my own picks for a lot of these threads didn't win, but I don't care. Each time I put in my vote, notice the scores, then... whatever. It'd be nice if, say, RDR was voted this generation's best soundtrack, but if not, oh well. Given how so many variables are put into play, and also because the polls are primarily anonymous, people trying to deduce why their thing is losing is dumb.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Yummylee

@canteu: Yeah, yeah, ''taking the internet seriously LULZ'', or whatever. Exactly the sort of comment I'd expect from you, given other such posts of yours I've seen. Perhaps it was my own mistake for actually bothering to confront you, but oh well. It at least lead me to posting something that was getting on my wick for a short while now, so I'm glad I got that out of my system.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: The fact that Nier is so high speaks to the proof that it'd probably higher if more people played it, but I digress. Hotline Miami's going to win anyway, so this poll really doesn't matter.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Flappy

@animasta said:

@yummylee: The fact that Nier is so high speaks to the proof that it'd probably higher if more people played it, but I digress. Hotline Miami's going to win anyway, so this poll really doesn't matter.

Hotline Miami ain't winning shit! These "____ of the Generation" polls will forever change the GB community.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Never was a big fan of the Bastion soundtrack. Wish Nier would win, but it will not.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#36  Edited By Mento

Folks, if your favorites aren't winning or are just too obscure to have made it anywhere, just make your own blogs/lists of your personal choices and state your case there. It's cathartic as hell, and would be more interesting for others to read than the results of a popularity contest. There'd be less fussin' in the comments too.

If we're talking a consistently excellent soundtrack from beginning to end, Nier or Super Mario Galaxy. If we're talking a few standout tracks, Mass Effect 2 (Suicide Mission) or Bastion (Build That Wall/Mother I'm Here/the ending song that combines the two) are right up there. For sheer atmosphere alone, Fez is a definite front-runner. It's up to the voter which criteria for "best soundtrack" they choose to follow.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, this could potentially lead to Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 in the finals? Fuck me.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By alexpiercey

In the spirit of it's creator....

SUCK MY DICK EVERYONE ELSE.

Loading Video...

That being said, all of these nominees are fantastic and all deserve heaps upon heaps of praise.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Canteu

@yummylee: You misunderstand me. Taking the internet seriously is fine. Taking me seriously, as I've said numerous times before, is folly. "Confront" me all you like, I enjoy it.

Glad I could help your wick.

Edit: I am in fact, really good at making you weirdos talk about stuff by just being a bit dickish now and again. Honestly I don't know how it works.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RonGalaxy

I listened to those 3 nier tracks. They all suck. Also, what the fuck is nier? I didnt know the dead ps vita service had a soundtrack

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Fez losing is an abomination. You bring great shame to your families for having such dumb opinions

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Aegon

@naru_joe93: Nier is a video game that was nominated for having the best soundtrack of the generation. People who like its songs a lot and think that it is the best of the lot, voted for it. You don't like the tunes, you are not one of them.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Flappy
Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

The Mario Galaxy soundtrack literally brought tears to my eyes when I first played the game.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donchipotle: @hailinel: @flappy:

Nier has been completely off my radar since it came out, but after hearing those songs I think I have to play it now. Absolutely beautiful.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By hermes

Between Mother, I am here, Build that Wall and Setting Sail, my vote in this bracket goes to Bastion. The music in that game is nostalgic and beautiful, and it fits the mood of the setting so well. By comparison, the only theme I find truly memorable in RDR is "Bury me not", which is not even an original theme.

PS: I haven't played Nier, so I can't vote on it, but after listening to its music, I might...

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@donchipotle: @hailinel: @flappy:

Nier has been completely off my radar since it came out, but after hearing those songs I think I have to play it now. Absolutely beautiful.

Agreed. It's really fantastic.

..but I still like Bastion's soundtrack more.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I even bought the physical Bastion soundtrack but Nier. Nier?

Nier.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NieR is being robbed and you're all criminals for voting against it.

Excuse me while I call the fuzz on my celly.