Best way to sell a current console?

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bhhawks78

Thinking about craiglist for my ps3, avoiding ebay due to scammers on there and ZERO seller protection.  Amazon/gamestop/retail or choice have any upcoming trade in deals?

(before I get flamed trolled, the last ps3 exclusive game I enjoyed was Uncharted 2, and yes I played through Heavy rain *gag* and a few other recent exclusives like god of war 3, but nothing upcoming is interesting to me, and I haven't touched it at all in quiet a while besides those two games, also as for blu ray 99% of my movie watching is netflix streaming on my pc/360 so I don't need it at all)

It's a 60 gig not backwards compatible fat that I bought awhile back for 300$ cash from a friend when they were still 400$ new.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

You should at least wait until E3 to see what's coming up.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bhhawks78
@EpicSteve said:
" You should at least wait until E3 to see what's coming up. "
Last guardian, move, infamous 2, killzone 3/resistance3, little big planet 2.  Only one I'd even be slightly interested in is resistance 3 and only as a gamefly rental, I'd rather sell now during the "shortage" while I can still get decent money.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve
@bhhawks78 said:
" @EpicSteve said:
Last guardian, move, infamous 2, killzone 3/resistance3, little big planet 2.  Only one I'd even be slightly interested in is resistance 3 and only as a gamefly rental, I'd rather sell now during the "shortage" while I can still get decent money. "
But you aren't thinking about unannounced/shown product.
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bhhawks78
@EpicSteve said:
" @bhhawks78 said:
" @EpicSteve said:
Last guardian, move, infamous 2, killzone 3/resistance3, little big planet 2.  Only one I'd even be slightly interested in is resistance 3 and only as a gamefly rental, I'd rather sell now during the "shortage" while I can still get decent money. "
But you aren't thinking about unannounced/shown product. "

Well this thread is about what's the best way to sell one, not give me a reason not to, so I'd appreciate it if you knocked it off with the derailing of my thread.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By iam3green

i would say craiglist it if ur not interested in ebay. since ur scared of scammers.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By The_A_Drain

To me, for a dollar.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you'd get more scammers on craigslist than ebay.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By sixghost

I'd stay away from gamestop for selling consoles unless they have some crazy trade in deal, which they don't atm. If you're comfortable with Craigslist I'd say go with that, since you'll most likely be paid in cash. 

Though if you go that route you should read up on safety precautions like using googlevoice or something instead of giving out your phone number, meeting in a public place instead of giving out your address, etc.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Junpei

in my experience the best ways to get rid of old were always when places offer trade up discounts. Obviously that isn't too much of an option right now with nothing new on the immediate horizon

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By sixghost
@Junpei said:
" in my experience the best ways to get rid of old were always when places offer trade up discounts. Obviously that isn't too much of an option right now with nothing new on the immediate horizon "
He just missed one at GS, it was something crazy like $50 extra on hardware. I doubt that will happen again in the near future.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ArchScabby

Rob a bank, call yourself, meet yourself in Wendy's parking lot, trade money for console.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bhhawks78
@sixghost said:
" @Junpei said:
" in my experience the best ways to get rid of old were always when places offer trade up discounts. Obviously that isn't too much of an option right now with nothing new on the immediate horizon "
He just missed one at GS, it was something crazy like $50 extra on hardware. I doubt that will happen again in the near future. "
Bummer, I did post on craigslist (where I sold my wii for 220ish awhile ago) but only got emails from idiots trying to trade me iphones/ipod touches etc even though I listed cash only /facepalm.