Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

I didn't get a chance to see Rorie's but I'll check it out on the twitch page some time. I do love me some Rorie.

But the Danny/Alexis/Ian stream is absolutely my favorite charity stream the site has ever done. Really goddamn funny.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Sbaitso

Huge props to @rorie. He answered like three separate questions of mine during the stream, which felt super cool to me, even if he never did pronounce my name correctly.

Growing up in the same town as him(as I understand it), I feel a certain connection to him. I hope he does more one-man-streams in the future.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching them as of now and despite probably being a game best experienced yourself, I've enjoyed watching him stumble through Stanley a whole lot.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Great to hear, can't wait to watch Rories stream. I could only watch a few hours of Danny's stream, and it was great, even though they seemed to crash pretty hard near the end. I like to see people suffer for a good cause.

Sarkahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Completely agree. I was pretty skeptical about a one man livestream being entertaining for any period of time, let alone for that long, but I think he absolutely nailed it.

I particularly enjoyed the Alpha Protocol segment, that ending couldn't have been more perfect. Anyways, Great job Rorie.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks Rorie! Couldn't be there for the whole thing, so I'm watching what I missed on Twitch.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jesus_Phish
This puppy was made happy by Rories streaming.
This puppy was made happy by Rories streaming.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Great to hear, can't wait to watch Rories stream. I could only watch a few hours of Danny's stream, and it was great, even though they seemed to crash pretty hard near the end. I like to see people suffer for a good cause.

The crash was the best part! Worked so well with the hypnotic draw of the truly awful Lifeguard.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62  Edited By veektarius

Rorie isn't my favorite (his dog segments make me extremely uncomfortable for one thing, and he can be very dismissive of things for arbitrary reasons (I guess that's a little like Jeff (parentheses inside parentheses, Inception!))) but I can't impugn the man's work ethic or his respect for the community's role in maintaining the site. I only watched a small fraction of what he did this weekend, but it certainly seemed like he kept things moving. I really enjoyed watching when he was streaming Dark Souls drunk on a regular basis - probably my favorite of the staff to watch on that game.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time I hear Rorie talking about puppies it brightens my day cause he isn't just doing a shtick or putting on a show. Saddly I couldn't watch a lot of the stream, I'll probably watch it later (though not in one sitting). Also it has to be said that he really does a fantastic job interacting with the community. Not only during this stream but also on other streams or just here in the forums.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By alexisg

For those wondering, I don't think we will be able to post an archive of these streams :/ We just did not have the man power to archive and cut this thing up. Rorie was pretty much going solo and even having Ian split his time in the control room and couch for the second stream just didn't make it possible. You can still watch the streams on Twitch or use a site like savedeo to grab the HD flv files. That all being said we had an incredible time. Let's all remember the duder house in happier times before the great fire and human zoo fiasco.

If any of you are interested in the duder skins for the Sims you can still grab them here: http://cl.ly/292f0R2I3J0R

I almost lost my mind around 5am so super super thanks for all of you who tuned into the streams. Rorie, Danny, Ian and I all really appreciated the support. That was FUN!

Let no man ever not find a toilet or tv in this house (baby brad was at school when this pic was taken)
Let no man ever not find a toilet or tv in this house (baby brad was at school when this pic was taken)

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It seems to crazy to waste Rorie's time with bizdev BS, duder is seriously talented! thefact he could make an 11 hour solo stream super interesting says everything. I hope GB is moving Rorie to Senior Editor, hiring a proper bizdev dude, he has been awesome with his current role but i really miss his on-screen work and articles!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Wait, Rorie played Alpha Protocol? I actually need to see that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Wait, Rorie played Alpha Protocol? I actually need to see that.

Not only did he play it, but he shared some cool stories about how he worked for Obsidian. He also actually bought the game right then and there and downloaded all 11gigs of it in under 2 minutes with a connection of 45mb/sec. It was like ..well hell.. I thought my internet was pretty good..

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By afabs515

I only watched like 3 hours of the stream, but what I saw was great. Rorie was super engaging and seemed to be having a great time himself. Hopefully he does more stuff like that, but either way, excellent job! Mad props!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a small thanks to everyone that turned up in the thread!

Initially I was a little bummed when I made the topic and it quickly fell off the first page with barely a mention (thanks to @yummylee for jumpstarting it back up). Recently there have been a few threads where a lot of us voiced criticisms about the site - some of them warranted some not. As much as I think it's important to point out when something isn't being handled very well, it's equally as important to voice praise when it's due.

So I'm happy that a lot of people stopped by and left their "props" to show that hey, we might complain from time to time but we also appreciate the hard work as well.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Rorie was great but let's not forget how amazing Ian and Alexis were too. I went to sleep with the stream on and was awoken by loud laughter and when I looked at the TV it was the Lifeguard game. Waking up to that was the most confusing thing ever. And man Ian is a trooper almost getting to the end of that horrid game. I laughed pretty hard at that whole segment.

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Couldn't catch much of Rories stream but from what I hear and what I saw of the Danny/Alexis/Ian part I'd say it was a good show all around. I'm really interested in seeing Rorie play Alpha Protocol.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By superfriend

Did he play Neverwinter Nights? That sounded like it might have been awesome.

So bummed I missed most of the live stream, but there was a LOT of stuff going on this past weekend.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By Tennmuerti

It might be just my 2 cents, but I am of opinion that it's time for Rorie to stop dicking around and become a full time editor, the new hires can pickup the paperwork bit.

@rorie

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Thanks for the kind words, all. After using OBS for a while, it seems like a pretty easy program to use, so maybe I'll try streaming some more in the future. I'd like to get through Mask of the Betrayer at some point, but that'll definitely take 20 hours or so just by itself.

Bummlmitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was watching the VOD over the last couple of days. Great work, really entertaining stuff. I really loved the Alpha Protocol part as I love this game. Mr. Rorie definitely needs to get more camera time.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@alexisg: Hadn't heard of that Savedeo site. Thanks for mentioning it.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched it and was very entertained and was nice to have a number of my questions answered and get some good conversations going.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep it was good.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@rorie said:

Thanks for the kind words, all. After using OBS for a while, it seems like a pretty easy program to use, so maybe I'll try streaming some more in the future. I'd like to get through Mask of the Betrayer at some point, but that'll definitely take 20 hours or so just by itself.

I've actually started playing through the OG NVW2 campaign, it's pretty awesome!

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Agreed, Awesome work Rorie

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BIG PROPS

No Caption Provided

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i watched all of rorie.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By fattony12000

I recorded a bunch of this along with the chat room. So. There's that. If y-you...y'know...want...that.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, now I really need to watch all of this. Damn me only having internet at work!

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie appreciation thread! But yes, agree with all this. He was the pioneer of D Souls streaming, he was doing it long before all the cool kids were doing it. A shame that it kind of fell off.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By fattony12000
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#87  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@fattony12000: Good job! On putting the stuff on YouTube, I mean.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: Good job! On putting the stuff on YouTube, I mean.

IF I don't donate will.. will Matt Rorie burn me..?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers