Biggest VGA premier has yet to be announced

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

The VGAs Saturday will premier a new Star Wars game, Halo Reach, Medal of Honor and several other titles. Apparently the biggest announcement has yet to come. Any guesses? I'm gonna play it safe and guess GOW 3. 

Here's the article.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ZenaxPure

GOW 3 sounds pretty believable, and actually makes me a bit excited to watch it now. Are they going to stream it online again this year? I don't have cable.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EpicSteve
@Zenaxzd said:

" GOW 3 sounds pretty believable, and actually makes me a bit excited to watch it now. Are they going to stream it online again this year? I don't have cable. "

There's a grayed out tab for "watch live" on their site. I'd recommend checking it out  Sat 8pm EST. 
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald
GTA 5 
Modern Warfare notwithstanding, Grand Theft Auto is the only franchise bigger than Halo right now.
Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Toxin066
@EpicSteve said:
" The VGAs Saturday will premier a new Star Wars game, Halo Reach, Medal of Honor and several other titles. Apparently the biggest announcement has yet to come. Any guesses? I'm gonna play it safe and guess GOW 3. 

Here's the article. "
If you mean Gears 3, I'm not sure that Spike TV's VGA show would be the right place for an announcement of that caliber. But perhaps I'm underestimating the scale of the VGAs.
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Steve_C

Agent? I could see Gears 3 happening, though with the way those games have been announced, it seems a little soon if it'll come out this time next year.

EDIT: I wouldn't class gears 3 as bigger than Halo anyway. Seems like a known quantity.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By maxszy

Whatever it is...it'll be anti-climatic I think. The VGAs are horrible and if there is some "huge new release" I don't buy it. Last year it was the "map pack" for GoW2. Really? Really? Give me break. Pathetic.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Jeust

Force Unleashed 2: The Rise of Luke Skywalker

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#9  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

SSX... Well, I can dream.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EpicSteve
@Toxin066 said:

" @EpicSteve said:

" The VGAs Saturday will premier a new Star Wars game, Halo Reach, Medal of Honor and several other titles. Apparently the biggest announcement has yet to come. Any guesses? I'm gonna play it safe and guess GOW 3. 

Here's the article. "

If you mean Gears 3, I'm not sure that Spike TV's VGA show would be the right place for an announcement of that caliber. But perhaps I'm underestimating the scale of the VGAs. "
It's cable TV. People like us will see the trailer no matter where it premiers, but the average dude wont see any GDC or E3 premiers of anything. This isn't necessarily for us per-say. But hen again, Halo is also premiering so I'm not too sure. GTA 5 might be a better bet. Either way it should be a well-known franchise that has public awareness.
Avatar image for desmondfromthehatch
desmondfromthehatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My fingers are crossed that the new 2K game is Ken Lavine's new project

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By ZmillA

probably gears 3

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
@desmondfromthehatch said:
" My fingers are crossed that the new 2K game is Ken Lavine's new project "
This was already something that had a small trailer planned for it. 

If I had to take a wild guess based on popularity of mainstream games, Gears 3 would be at the top of my list...and next year seems ripe for a new one.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Ghostiet

I'm thinking more about something Kojima-related, personally.

BTW, the GOTY nominees are impossible. Left 4 Dead 2 instead of Dragon Age or Killzone 2? Please. And what the hell is Shia LeBouf as Sam Witwicky doing in the Best Male Performance category? Samuel L. Jackson and Bill Murray also are not the best choices. Where's Black? North? Hamill? At least they got nominated for Best Voice, but still.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Death_Unicorn
@Jeust said:

" Force Unleashed 2: The Rise of Luke Skywalker "

Get ready to play Luke Skywalker during the ages 1-15, learn the values of life by farming for moisture in Tatooine, watch Owen Lars instill his values upon you, and finally, go through puberty! All for a low, low price of $59.99!
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@EpicSteve said:
" @Zenaxzd said:

" GOW 3 sounds pretty believable, and actually makes me a bit excited to watch it now. Are they going to stream it online again this year? I don't have cable. "

There's a grayed out tab for "watch live" on their site. I'd recommend checking it out  Sat 8pm EST.  "
So it will be streamed live over their website?  If so then great...It will probably look better than sd cable. 
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By DanielJW

Ahh thanks for reminding me this is on. I'm kind of excited for it.