BioWare: Are they entering the "Shyamalan Effect"?

• 110 results
Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Karkarov

@Blannir said:

Now that aside since when is 1.5 million across 3 systems considered a ton of copies? Origins sold 2.17 million on the 360 alone.

Did you really just say selling 1.5 million copies of a video game is bad sales? You need to stop thinking a game needs CoD sales to be profitable because frankly they don't. Most developers would sell their first born to get a million sales on one of their games.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By TorMasturba

Sorry to label you, but I feel like you're just being another internet "over-the-top reaction". This's the sort of thing I say: "Oh the internets!" to.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By FateOfNever

You know how everyone bitches about how sequels are just the exact same game with very minor changes and how developers are too afraid to try and innovate or do new things with sequels to an established property? This is why. This, right here, is why.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Hunkulese

@TerraMantis said:

@Hunkulese said:

They've released one game that wasn't universally acclaimed.

No.

Shattered Steel, MDK2, Jade Empire, Dragon Age 2 and Legends, and about 30+ DLCs got around 6 / 10 or lower that were additions for those "universally acclaimed" titles are just a few of their more well-known titles that did not receive "critical acclaim" and definitely not universally.

Um yes. Maybe you should go back and look at some reviews. The only game that didn't average at least 8/10 was Dragon Age 2. DLC also has no impact on whether or not a game is universally acclaimed.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By Blannir

@Karkarov said:

@Blannir said:

Now that aside since when is 1.5 million across 3 systems considered a ton of copies? Origins sold 2.17 million on the 360 alone.

Did you really just say selling 1.5 million copies of a video game is bad sales? You need to stop thinking a game needs CoD sales to be profitable because frankly they don't. Most developers would sell their first born to get a million sales on one of their games.

When Origins sells roughly 4 million copies and it's sequel barely hits 1.5 million yes those are bad sales numbers. I never compared it to CoD numbers and I never said it wasn't profitable so please don't put words in my mouth.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#106  Edited By Dagbiker

@Hunkulese said:

@TerraMantis said:

@Hunkulese said:

They've released one game that wasn't universally acclaimed.

No.

Shattered Steel, MDK2, Jade Empire, Dragon Age 2 and Legends, and about 30+ DLCs got around 6 / 10 or lower that were additions for those "universally acclaimed" titles are just a few of their more well-known titles that did not receive "critical acclaim" and definitely not universally.

Um yes. Maybe you should go back and look at some reviews. The only game that didn't average at least 8/10 was Dragon Age 2. DLC also has no impact on whether or not a game is universally acclaimed.

Universally Acclaimed dose not mean a 8/10.

Avatar image for bruceleesoapdish
BruceLeeSoapdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is true now more than ever with EA now attaching BioWare's name to everything even though the original people who worked at BioWare before being bought by EA are not working on the games that the company's name is being associated with. Like with the new announcement of C&C being a "BioWare" game even though it is just basically made by a company that was rebranded and absorbed by the BioWare division of EA. Yeah, BioWare's name is being ruined.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Milkman

I'm getting a really bad feeling about Mass Effect 3. But I'm willing to pretend that Dragon Age 2 doesn't exist and give BioWare the benefit of the doubt one last time. But...please don't mess this up.

wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#110  Edited By wsowen02

DA2 was a misstep in a lot of ways but they seem to be aware of it, or at least are talking like they are. I'm a little worried about ME3 but I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.