Blizzard has pretty much gone down hill and are not same

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By StaticFalconar

No Caption Provided
aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By aleryn

Quit reading previews.  All they do is make people go insane when it comes to Blizzard games.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Famov

@ryanwho
said:

"why is it most people who loved SC/Diablo haven't played a game in the same fucking genre since? "

Says who? 

I haven't played either of those games, but I do wonder where you get that from anyway. Certainly people who like a RTS or a Dungeon Crawler would have the inclination to play other RTS games and Dungeon Crawlers. 

Maybe you've run into people like that somewhere, but I'm not willing to take your experiences as indicative of a general trend, because to me this just smells more like randomly hating people who happen to like Starcraft and Diablo.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By zeforgotten
@Famov said:
"
@ryanwho
said:

"why is it most people who loved SC/Diablo haven't played a game in the same fucking genre since? "

Says who? "

Says ryanwho, that's who

I'm sorry I just had to do it. 
But I do agree with the rest
MrMcgillicutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By MrMcgillicutty

...Then why do you have a Diablo 3 avatar?

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Osaladin

Everyone keeps bitching about Blizzard, but when Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 come out, the world will officially be ruled by them and all this talk about Blizzard selling out and what not will be squashed.  

I don't understand the bitching personally, Blizzard takes long times to release their games, but they are always good, can you really deny that Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 won't be?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By zeforgotten
@Osaladin said:
" Everyone keeps bitching about Blizzard, but when Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 come out, the world will officially be ruled by them and all this talk about Blizzard selling out and what not will be squashed.   I don't understand the bitching personally, Blizzard takes long times to release their games, but they are always good, can you really deny that Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 won't be? "
I can't deny that they will be good. 
Can't confirm it either though
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By fwylo

Don't you get annoy that Blizzard are not same?

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By Ferginator4k

Blizzard is not the company they once were .
Wrath was launched in a clearly unfinished state to hit the holiday season, and The lack of LAN in SC2 is very displeasing.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By toowalrus

I uh... meh, why bother. Any reasonable gamer knows what I'm gonna say anyway.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By iam3green

o well what are you going to do about it. only thing i don't like about them is how they are releasing a real identity thing that you have to show them your license to play their game. you need it to post on their forums, it won't be good.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Bionicicide

Can't blame them for the cash cow, but one would think they could've expanded with more employees or bought another studio to get StarCraft: Ghost on track...

Kahoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By Kahoona

To me, Blizzard is the Apple of the gaming industry.  They both release good, well made products, they both have rabid fanboys that will defend them to death and put on rose tinted glasses, and they both employ business practices that look to exploit that dedicated fan-base.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#64  Edited By galiant

Ah, they make great games. We will enjoy them, while you sit in your corner and sulk!

You're welcome to join us, though! =)

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By mazik765
@apoptosis61 said:
" indeed blizzard is shit, they are based on gamers addiction and nothing else, wow is old and nothing to give   RELEASE DIABLO 3 NOW "
I'm sure they are eager to release D3 so you can play 60 hours a week, get burnt out, and then complain about how shitty a game that is.

@Osaladin said:
" Everyone keeps bitching about Blizzard, but when Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 come out, the world will officially be ruled by them and all this talk about Blizzard selling out and what not will be squashed.   I don't understand the bitching personally, Blizzard takes long times to release their games, but they are always good, can you really deny that Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 won't be? "

Because when you argue against a successful company that makes great games and is popular it makes you look BADASS and ALTERNATIVE...you know, on the internet.
Kikimondingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Kikimondingo

So homie doesn't like good games and is impatient. Got it

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Osaladin
@mazik765 said:
" @apoptosis61 said:
" indeed blizzard is shit, they are based on gamers addiction and nothing else, wow is old and nothing to give   RELEASE DIABLO 3 NOW "
I'm sure they are eager to release D3 so you can play 60 hours a week, get burnt out, and then complain about how shitty a game that is.

@Osaladin said:
Because when you argue against a successful company that makes great games and is popular it makes you look BADASS and ALTERNATIVE...you know, on the internet. "
Apparently so. Since when did people get so cynical? I play games to enjoy them.
mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mazik765
@Ferginator4k said:
" Blizzard is not the company they once were .Wrath was launched in a clearly unfinished state to hit the holiday season, and The lack of LAN in SC2 is very displeasing. "
Oh you mean just like WoW Vanilla was broken and buggy when it was released? And when Burning Crusade was released as an incomplete expansion? But clearly those cases are different from Wrath right?
Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Ferginator4k
@mazik765: Yeah actually. Wrath launched with a single tier of endgame content as opposed to the 2-3 that Burning Crusade had. This meant that the entire expansions content was finished within a week by raiders.
mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mazik765
@Ferginator4k said:

" @mazik765: Yeah actually. Wrath launched with a single tier of endgame content as opposed to the 2-3 that Burning Crusade had. This meant that the entire expansions content was finished within a week by raiders. "

Firstly, the top guilds are not normal raiders. Did some people finish in a week? Yeah. Did 90% of the WoW population? No. 

Secondly ever think that might have been a design choice? BC was released with more instances and were still finished very, very quickly by the top raiding guilds. And then for the rest of the expansion you got 3 more raids. In Wrath they released 3 raids at the start and have since added 4, soon to be 5, thus pacing people's completion of content. If anything I would say the lack of raid content on release day for Wrath was a conscience design decision Blizzard made from their experience with BC.

EDIT: Not to mention Wrath launched with each of the 3 raids in 10 and 25 man modes, each with different loot table and difficulties, so really it's almost like it launched with 6 raids.
Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Adamsons
@mazik765 said:
Because when you argue against a successful company that makes great games and is popular it makes you look BADASS and ALTERNATIVE...you know, on the internet. "
This - ITT cynicism, impatience and angst.
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72  Edited By Seppli

Blizzard is great. That's why so many hate them with a passion. They made games that were like a GF to some. Having real deep and longlasting relations with such a game and sociosphere. Now she's your Ex-GF and you're a whiney little bitch. Get over it.

Analogy: 

"For every beautiful woman out there, there's a guy bored of fucking her."
— Californication 

Heylook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Heylook
@MurderByDeath: I respect your screen name.
Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Ferginator4k
@mazik765: The number of raids is not all thats important, the majority of raids in Burning crusade were massive dungeons. With the exception of Naxxramas(Which is recycled content from Vanilla), all the other Raids for Wrath on launch were 10 minute to at the most Half an hour single boss encounters.(Obsidian sanctum, Malygos, Vault of Archavon[which only had one boss on launch]). On top of this, the difficulty of all raids was cut down making it possible to roll you face around on the keyboard and still succeed.
solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By solidlife

someone pissed at the 41 talent point tree mmm

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

This thread is fail.  Lets make it epic. 

No Caption Provided

Thread is fucking epic. 
nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#77  Edited By nicolenomicon
@xnoxiousx said:
" Just as i thought blizzard jerk offs that will defend them. "
Wait a second Mr Has a Diablo 3 Avatar!
Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Ferginator4k
@SL33TBL1ND: I saw that
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By tebbit
@ThatFrood said:
" Blizzard is fine. Starcraft 2 is great. They weren't satisfied with Ghost so they cancelled it. Shut up. "
I'll take one of whatever this guy is having.
Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Spoonman671
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" This thread is fail.  Lets make it epic. 
No Caption Provided
Thread is fucking epic.  "
Is he standing on a pile of dead?  That is rather epic.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By jakob187

StarCraft: Ghost was cancelled because the game was not on target to be a good quality product...which is kind of something that those guys really like to make sure they release. 

As for all the WoW expansions, they were making money - money which was being poured into a good game as well as the ability to make OTHER games. 

Waiting for StarCraft II wasn't something odd.  Diablo III is the same way.  That's the way Blizzard works.  If you really want them releasing bi-annual installments, then I'm sure they will merely lose their quality. 

Now, as someone with some insider info, what those guys NEED to do is get all their customer support and quality assurance stuff organized finally so that they can get on the ball with this stuff.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#82  Edited By the8bitNacho

There's nothing wrong with Blizzard at all. Sure, they're supporting World of Warcraft. It's an excellent, quality game that you just happen to dislike. That makes it shitty?  Nope. Now they're working on StarCraft II and Diablo III for the fans that aren't enticed by the Warcraft series or its follow-up MMO, and apparently they've gone downhill because of it? And they'll never live down cancelling a game that wasn't going to be up to their own quality standards (AKA it was going to suck)?  

I call troll. 

@ZeForgotten said:

" seeing what we're getting out of both Starcraft II and Diablo 3 I can't help but think "Soo, graphical department was shut down or something?"

Blizzard's games have an extremely wide appeal, and tossing cutting-edge visuals into a game cuts their marketbase by a drastic percentage. The masses don't have high-end computers.
TwinkieTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TwinkieTime

Seems like everybody here loves Blizzard, can anybody tell me why its the best gaming company?

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#84  Edited By Symphony

How has such a pointless, destructive, obvious troll of a post survived this long?

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Ryax
@Donkey said:
" Good sir, fuck you.   "
@Vinchenzo said:
" Here's the thing... you're a douche.   One more thing... Blizzard is amazing. "
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Pinworm45
@radioactivez0r said:
" Their billions of dollars say otherwise, but you're entitled to your sadly ignorant opinion. "
Pretty sure he wasn't talking about how successful they are as a company.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Ryax
@TwinkieTime said:
" Seems like everybody here loves Blizzard, can anybody tell me why its the best gaming company? "
the games they release are good quality. they have never released a bad game. opinions may differ buy the profit says other wise. 
Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Aetos
@TwinkieTime said:
"Seems like everybody here loves Blizzard, can anybody tell me why its the best gaming company? "

They make some of the best games. Great games=one of the best gaming companies.
Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Bionicicide
@Kahoona said:
" To me, Blizzard is the Apple of the gaming industry.  They both release good, well made products, they both have rabid fanboys that will defend them to death and put on rose tinted glasses, and they both employ business practices that look to exploit that dedicated fan-base. "
True. 

*cough*Warhammer 40K clone*cough*
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By shiftymagician
@Laketown said:
" @Icemael said:
" As far as I'm concerned, Blizzard are on the same flat ground they've always been. 

The same low, low flat ground. "
yeah; I never really understood why Blizzard was so great (although that's mainly because I'm not too into RTS's) "
Well at least for Starcraft 1, it innovated the genre back in the day.  I hope it doesn't get a 5 star here, not because I don't like it (pre-ordered the collector's edition myself), but it hardly brought anything new to the RTS genre like the first one did.  Hell, I thought World in Conflict did more to make RTS games more flexible, with the FPS camera view and little elements that made that game great.  It is not a great example I admit as the lack of base-building doesn't make it much of a real RTS, but it was trying to do something anyway.  Starcraft 2 just feels incremental instead of revolutionary, and I hope critics can see that whilst being excited like crazy to review "the next Blizzard game".

On the side note, as nostalgic as it is to have the UI look the same, it is still such a waste of space.  The whole thing could have been minimized to bare essentials, and would allow us to see more of the battlefield.  That is my main complaint about the UI at least.  Nothing bad, but hardly anything new.
TwinkieTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TwinkieTime
@Ryax:  So the best gaming company earns the most money huh, Than why isn't Nintendo better then Blizzards?  If it's good quality, as in ratings, than why isn't Valve #1? If Blizzard never released a bad game, than how come Justice League Task Force exist.
pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#92  Edited By pwnasaurus

this guys clearly a troll, but i do have a problem with WoW because it has been known to ruin lives, now blizzard didnt know this would happen but it still sucks.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#93  Edited By Astras

lol, 
10 mill subscribers
10 mill x 10 dollars a month
10 mill x 50 dollars each expansion

wow has dominated the MMORPG market for how many years??? 

do the math?

TwinkieTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By TwinkieTime
@Astras: 
 "A subscriber, according to Blizzard, is someone who has "paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access.""
  http://www.massively.com/2008/01/22/world-of-warcraft-hits-10-million-players/

So according to Blizzard, I'm 12 different people.
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By LiquidSwords

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
@TwinkieTime said:

" @Astras: 
 "A subscriber, according to Blizzard, is someone who has "paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access.""   http://www.massively.com/2008/01/22/world-of-warcraft-hits-10-million-players/   So according to Blizzard, I'm 12 different people. "

It says "or" not "and". The article you linked also explains how blizzard isn't counting inactive accounts and just making their number seem big but that they're actually counting real active players... 

Your whole point is invalid...
nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#97  Edited By nicolenomicon
@TwinkieTime said:
" Seems like everybody here loves Blizzard, can anybody tell me why its the best gaming company? "
It isn't, but it sure isn't a bad one.
TwinkieTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TwinkieTime
@Suicidal_SNiper:  I guess I've missed read it, but it doesn't mean Astras simplistic calculation is correct.