Can someone recommend me a good point and click horror games?

Shotgunblast97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shotgunblast97

I'm thinking of getting into the Point and click genre so far I'm thinking of getting Gemini rue and The Sam and max games. So what horror games would you recommend for the point and click genre. Also is there any point and click games with a dystopian theme.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder
BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By BBAlpert

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream is incredible (as is the short story it's based on).

And I second Gary Whitta!) But the Chzo games have some real "oh god oh god I know I need to use (generic adventure game item) in (whatever location), but I don't want to go in there because I know something spooky is going to happen" situations.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jerseyscum

@BBAlpert said:

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream is incredible (as is the short story it's based on).

And I second Gary Whitta!) But the Chzo games have some real "oh god oh god I know I need to use (generic adventure game item) in (whatever location), but I don't want to go in there because I know something spooky is going to happen" situations.

You beat me to it. Goddamnit.

AM is goddamn terrifying and makes SHODAN and GLADOS look like girl scouts. He relishes in sheer sadism and enjoys every minute of the horrors inflicted on the cast. Seriously brutal stuff that hasn't been matched yet.

oueddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By oueddy

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream is some serious crazy stuff, I remember the scene in the elevator being on my mind for quite some time. I really felt sorry for ellen among the group as her only crime was being a victim. Only thing I'd put against the game is suffering from the Sierra problem of getting into an unwinnable scenario because you didn't do something earlier.

If you're looking for more of a thriller vibe, the aforementioned Beneath a Steel Sky has some harrowing moments in the later stages, as does the similarly retro styled Resonance.

ftrevelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ftrevelin

Was Prisoner of Ice any good? Or scary at all? I remember playing it when I was young and being somewhat afraid of a monster that follows you through a submarine...

My suggestion is Gabriel Knight, not really horror, but has this great voodoo killer theme and it's one of the best point and click adventures of all time (IMO).

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Terramagi

@BeachThunder said:

Dystopian and/or horror point and click adventures:

I'll second Chzo Mythos.

Trilby's Notes is so solid (even though it's a text adventure) and 6 Days ends the series so solidly that it literally makes up for the shitshow that was 7 Days.

MikeW1980UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MikeW1980UK

Dreamweb is a good shout, and free with ScummVM.

Wierd how the link on Dreamweb goes to Gemini Rue tho.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HarlechQuinn

"The Blackwell Legacy", not really horror but it has a ghost detective... Or even more fitting regarding your request, "Bloodnet", this mixes gothic vampires with cyberpunk...

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hugh_jazz

I got Blackstone Chronicles from my dad for Christmas many years ago. Took me a long while to actually play any significant amount of it, but it was real good. Had some good tension and creepy stuff.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Shotgunblast97: You might consider this a recommendation out of Left Field, but I've always been rather fond of the Exmortis Trilogy. Just do a google search. The first two games are free (I think) and the third only costs like, $10. I think.

They're creepy as fuck and will probably guarantee a brick being shat at least once.

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 9cupsoftea

A new one just came out that got good reviews called the Cat Lady - supposed to be a pretty good psychological horror thng.