• 80 results
Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By Gruebacca

Poll Can you still play video games? (430 votes)

Nah, man. My week is ruined. 15%
Maybe tomorrow. 34%
Yes, it helps me cope. 51%

Man, what a fucking depressing day. I'm not old enough to drink, but I do have this shiny new expansion pack for Civ V that I'd like to play when it unlocks very soon. Many reviewers have talked about how this expansion pack eliminates the late-game tedium and makes it exciting to the finish, and that sounds cool.

I was thinking this morning about how a hypothetical Quick Look of this expansion pack would turn out. They'd talk about all the new features and show off how far the game had come since it came out three years ago. Ryan would be hosting the video and talking about how much he liked Civ V when it came out and how this dlc makes it even better.

Damn it. I can't even think about a video game without bringing him up. I bet Ryan would have liked this game. Now I'm bummed again. Is it even possible to play video games this week without a cloud of melancholy blurring the vision? When something terrible happens to you what is your reaction in terms of video game playing.

• 
peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I think il play some XCOM today, it seems fitting since Ryan loved that game. Maybe some Saints row 3 aswell. Im gonna miss that dude so much.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By Rekt_Hed

@banefirelord said:

I just played a good hour of Saints Row The Third. It felt like the only logical thing to do.

Same as man. Pouring one out and dumping into dudes saints row style. Feel like I need to boot up some Assassins Creed if only once just to do a tribute 'uh uh uh uh'

g6065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You know, I've been thinking about this as well. I think it may have something to do with most of my game playing being directly related to the site, but I just don't know whether I can.

Fuck this sucks.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout NV is good for the heart

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

@meatball said:

I put off Animal Crossing for most of the day, really didn't feel like it. Wound up deciding to pick it up and it helped a little.

Aye... I've been catching the fuck out of bugs in New Leaf. It helped.

MakoTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MakoTitan

I couldn't play. I just held my wife and son really tight for a while.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Gaming couldn't take my mind off of it properly. I decided to go reading instead.

A few of hours of sleep now, can probably go back to normal.

Fuck man...

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I downloaded Saint's Row: The Third on PS Plus, having never picked it up before. Finding it hard to get into it.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've been playing XCOM. He liked the game, and I love it. It keeps my head busy.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at the moment, I just feel too upset.

I'll play Saints Row The Third in honour of him though.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've just been wandering around in Skyrim and listening to old Bombcasts. Not sure if it helps, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

No, I was thinking of getting back into Max Payne 3 or Hotline Miami because those games most remind me of Ry-Dog, but I'm still too bummed out. Also, I'm not very good at those games.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I just had 4 hours of the shittiest sleep after staying up all night. I'll try to play some Wizardry 8 now. That was what I was doing before I read the news. I closed the game to look at a FAQ and of course went to Giant Bomb first. I saw the news maybe 10 minutes after it hit the site and I haven't been able to do anything since.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played some Tapper for the first time in my life.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

I spent most of yesterday drinking myself into oblivion and playing Civ 5.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#66  Edited By Castiel

I just finished Saint's Row The Third again over the weekend and then this happened. Unfortunate timing, but it seems strangely appropiate. I played some more SR3 today. It was the only thing I could do.

Avatar image for legendarychopchop
LegendaryChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously we will, but it'll be a while (few days?) before I'm in a state to fully embrace a game. I know Ryan would hate that, but, hey, you're too damn special buddy.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By abendlaender

Playing a lot of Nintendo games, I really need something upbeat, colorful and happy.
Animal Crossing was a bad idea though cause Mr. Resetti popped up and that just depressed me cause it was so fun listing to Ryan talk about that guy

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was playing The Walking Dead 400 Days before I saw the news. I obviously stopped playing that afterwards.

I'm thinking I'll either play XCOM or finally start playing through Assassin's Creed 3, as that was the last game he reviewed and it seems a fitting tribute.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I want to play 400 days, but I just can't bring myself to play it at the moment ='(

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Played some Tapper for the first time in my life.

Good man.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I tried playing some Max Payne 3 after getting it on sale from the Xbox Ultimate Deals... thing. I found it to hard to do and stopped after Chapter 1... then again, Max's torture and pain and drunkenness kind of accurately portrayed my feelings right now... so it was kind of half-and-half.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Played 6 hours of Civ IV after reading the news. I haven't played it in a year and a half but felt like it (I watched old Ryan videos while playing it). I find it soothing to play. I nearly lost because I was too slow starting my Space Program. Ghandi was ahead of me in score so I rushed to build 6 ICBMs and nuked him into oblivion on the second last turn of the game, which in turn won me the game because my score surpassed his just barely.

Today I am going to play Civ V all day. Or maybe XCOM. I want to complete XCOM on a higher difficulty and/or with Iron Mode on.

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can certainly say that The Last of Us is going to get some time off.

XCOM on the other hand. I'll probably get a session on later today to toast one of its greatest advocates.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

When my Grandad died I just sat on Animal Crossing on the Gamecube at about 1 in the morning, just fishing. It helped calm me down. I thought about putting a game on yesterday but ended up just flicking through the threads about Ryan on various forums, reading all the nice things people were saying about him.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By thatdutchguy

No, i can´t play any games for probably the whole week. Any kind of joy i get out of video games is gone for now.

I´ve been watching Ryan and the rest for more than 10 years, this is not that easy to forget for me.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. Played some Animal Crossing and Layton for 3DS... but I can't, and don't want to, play any games right now.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up Metal Gear Solid 4 yesterday all excited to finally see the madness, but after the news hit I just wasn't into it. I'll finish it today, pouring one out for Ryan.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#80  Edited By armaan8014

I don't know man, that's what Ive been thinking about. Everytime I play anything im gonna end up thinking about him. Giantbomb and video games are just deeply integrated for me. But i'm staying over with friends in hostel today, and we've always had a tradition of playing FIFA all through the night and yelling while playing the game. I think rather than a single player game, that might help.

Went and played Fifa today and that sorta helped. The yelling especially :P

This thread for some reason helps. Cause you know, it's about video games, and that's how we've all become related here. How that core activity of ours is affected all across makes me closer. I dunno

bakumatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By bakumatsu

I finished Assassin's Creed 3 a couple of hours after I saw Ryan had passed away. We all know that the ending is not very good, but as I was playing it, I couldn't shook the thought that Ryan was pretty disappointed with this game. I almost could hear him "what the fuck are you doing playing this game instead of XCOM?"