Could this maybe, possibly, outlandishly work??

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I want to play Battlefield Heroes on my mac. Crazy. But if I buy Crossover, an application that lets you run things like Steam and  Internet Explorer 7 on your mac, could it work? In the Crossover feature list it says you can use IE7, so would that trick Battlefield Heroes enough for me? Or would the thing you have to download for BFH screw that up and recognize my computers a mac and not work.

MAKE GAMES FOR MAC GOD DAMMIT. NOT EVERYONE HAS HORRIBLE TASTE IN COMPUTERS
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama
@Gorillawhat said:
"MAKE GAMES FOR MAC GOD DAMMIT. NOT EVERYONE HAS HORRIBLE TASTE IN COMPUTERS"
JUST DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME ON A MAC AND THEN WISH YOU COULD GET THE FUNCTIONALITY OF A PC GOD DAMMIT.
Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@Akeldama said:
"
@Gorillawhat said:
JUST DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME ON A MAC AND THEN WISH YOU COULD GET THE FUNCTIONALITY OF A PC GOD DAMMIT. "
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I GET A SEXY COMPUTER AND A SEXY UI AND I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT UPGRADING SHIT ALL THE TIME
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Akeldama
@Gorillawhat: well then quit your bitchin :P
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Gorillawhat said:
" @Akeldama said:
"
@Gorillawhat said:
JUST DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME ON A MAC AND THEN WISH YOU COULD GET THE FUNCTIONALITY OF A PC GOD DAMMIT. "
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I GET A SEXY COMPUTER AND A SEXY UI AND I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT UPGRADING SHIT ALL THE TIME
"
NO YOU JUST HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT RETARDS USING CAPSLOCK AND PREACHING THAT THEIR SHITTY OVERPRICED PIECE OF CRAP IS BETTER THAN NOT JUST YOUR COMPUTER, BUT YOU AS WELL!!!!!!111ONEONEFIFTYELEVENTYONE.

Sheesh. You people act like Macs are the center of the universe, newsflash, they aren't and people don't make games for mac because it's not profitable. Why? Because you people spent an extra $200 on getting it in black instead of on games.

With a PC you have a wide range of OS and UI options, heck, you can even put OSX on there if you want, and dualboot it with something like XP for playing games. Nowadays buying a mac is as pointless as buying an Alienware PC, it's overpriced and offers no advantages at all considering you can get the OS on another system. You don't have to worry about upgrading a PC either if you don't want to, but at least you have the option if you want, unlike a mac.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Akeldama
@The_A_Drain said:
" @Gorillawhat said:
" @Akeldama said:
"
@Gorillawhat said:
"
NO YOU JUST HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT RETARDS USING CAPSLOCK AND PREACHING THAT THEIR SHITTY OVERPRICED PIECE OF CRAP IS BETTER THAN NOT JUST YOUR COMPUTER, BUT YOU AS WELL!!!!!!111ONEONEFIFTYELEVENTYONE.

Sheesh. You people act like Macs are the center of the universe, newsflash, they aren't and people don't make games for mac because it's not profitable. Why? Because you people spent an extra $200 on getting it in black instead of on games.
"
Preach Drain, Preach! 
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Akeldama:

I'm just nerd-raging :P

Basicly, there is a reason people don't put games on Macs. :\ Deal with it.
CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CowMuffins

Stop complaining, what is this the third thread about this? I have a Mac, but I'm on Windows right now on my Mac. It's a little program called Bootcamp. Look it up and stop complaining.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_A_Drain
@CowMuffins said:
" Stop complaining, what is this the third thread about this? I have a Mac, but I'm on Windows right now on my Mac. It's a little program called Bootcamp. Look it up and stop complaining. "
This.

Bootcamp I hear nothing but good things about, and there's another one too I forget what it's called, Wine is it? Or is that something else?
turbobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By turbobo

get bootcamp, seriuslee.

i play fallout3 on my macbook all the time, bro.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CowMuffins
@The_A_Drain said:
" @CowMuffins said:
" Stop complaining, what is this the third thread about this? I have a Mac, but I'm on Windows right now on my Mac. It's a little program called Bootcamp. Look it up and stop complaining. "
This.

Bootcamp I hear nothing but good things about, and there's another one too I forget what it's called, Wine is it? Or is that something else?
"
Bootcamp is the official Apple one. There is another program that opens XP in a window on your Mac Desktop. But I don't know the name, and I honestly don't care because it's probably is worse than Bootcamp.
CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CoverlessTech

VMWare. Wine is for Linux.

I love how this guy is all preachy about his MAC and how it's the best while he is complaining that it can't do the things he wants. Let me guess, 15 years old and your mom bought it for you?

It's as simple as this: If you want to game there is absolutely no point in getting a MAC right now. Sure there are ways to get around it(bootcamp) but then you are just running windows anyways so why not just get a same spec windows machine for way cheaper. If you are just going to run windows you are going to experience all those "bad things" like scary virus' and whatever you fanboys use to justify your purchase.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Why would you want to play Battlefield heroes? That game is not fun!

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_A_Drain
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Why would you want to play Battlefield heroes? That game is not fun! "
But it's free. Free games have a free pass to not be fun and still be acceptable timewasters. Don't underestimate the power of free.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@The_A_Drain said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" Why would you want to play Battlefield heroes? That game is not fun! "
But it's free. Free games have a free pass to not be fun and still be acceptable timewasters. Don't underestimate the power of free.
"
Sir. Nothing in the world is free.