Dan and Vinnie

• 89 results
ztiesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Love the dynamic between Dan and Vinnie on this weeks podcast. I just kept picturing Vinnie just staring at Dan in disbelief when he was explaining things.

Love the podcast this week with East/West together.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am worried how willing Dan was to take up the daily Taco Bell bet. Agreed though, it's great hearing the two sides of GB bounce off eachother like that.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

yeah, that was one of the time's I wish there was cam footage of them recording the podcast.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I loved it as well. I have grown to think they would be one of the best combinations on the site just imagining it and good to hear a bit of it on the podcast.

I kind of think it changes the Vinny dynamic because it is usually Vinny being whacky or jokey and others have to react but Dan puts Vinny on his heels sometimes with his level of Dan.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it as well. I have grown to think they would be one of the best combinations on the site just imagining it and good to hear a bit of it on the podcast.

I kind of think it changes the Vinny dynamic because it is usually Vinny being whacky or jokey and others have to react but Dan puts Vinny on his heels sometimes with his level of Dan.

Vinny's going full Dad mode these days, and I love every minute of it.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny's point about food is one of those Film or Movie things, like a movie is a movie, but a film is something special.

Dan eats food(movie) to live, and is happy with Taco Bell, but Vinny was at one point trying to make a point about the film equivalent(meal? dinner)

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@thepullquotes: to say Dan is merely happy with Taco Bell is an understatement. He treats Taco Bell as if its the golden nectar of the gods when its really just soggy, dirty meat.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd really love it if we never talked about what Dan Ryckert will or won't eat ever again.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hatking

I love Austin and Jeff. They have similar tastes in a lot of things, but very different perspectives. Maybe I just like that they make hip hop references and nobody else in the crew really picks up on it.

Stuff like this podcast just makes me wish the two groups interacted more often. Like maybe a TNT that's just between the two crews and not a community thing or something.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eating Taco Bell would wreck me, I don't know how Dan manages a steady diet of the stuff. His body must have acclimated to the circus animal meat and Chinese newspapers that makes up most of TB's menu.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

I love Austin and Jeff. They have similar tastes in a lot of things, but very different perspectives. Maybe I just like that they make hip hop references and nobody else in the crew really picks up on it.

Stuff like this podcast just makes me wish the two groups interacted more often. Like maybe a TNT that's just between the two crews and not a community thing or something.

Totally agree. I feel like everyone has a very specific thing in common with each other bombadeer, Jeff and Vinny is always brought up, but Jeff and Alex is a whole different thing. like you can't just break them into groups it's more Venn diagrams then anything.

Flight Club: Drew and Vinny.
Fight Club: Jeff and Jason
Screened: Alex and Rorie
Ska Club: Jeff and Alex
Film and 40's: Drew and Dan
Gundam Club: Austin and Vinny
Import Club: Jason and Austin

Brad, Jason and Alex should do something together, I think it would be great, even if it was just combined disdain in Dan.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Listen to last year's collaboration between the two. Dan asking what a mortgage was and vinnys reaction (well, everyones reaction) is fantastic. First Bombcast in December 2014, also a great podcast in general

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@paulmako said:

I am worried how willing Dan was to take up the daily Taco Bell bet.

Should be five years of no Taco Bell. Paying Dan to eat garbage everyday sounds too good for him. I need suffering and withdrawal to make it worth the money.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright so, I've never ate Taco Bell in my life. Is it actually edible? How does it compare to other fast food places?

Also, this week's Bombcast was amazing.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

I think that's a great way to bring back TNT. Get a more regular dialogue between the offices (or at least a more regular dialogue that the audience is privy to).

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justicejanitor: It's fine. Nothing to be excited about, but it's not terrible either. Makes the polarised reactions people have even funnier.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan is great when he gets into full Dan mode. He gets so animated and fired up when he's talking about his poor decisions like an all taco-bell diet.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dan's right though: if he ate nothing but food from Taco Bell for 5 years, his diet would be fine. That documentary on only-McDonalds for a month was proven to be scientifically false (in that it was not reproducible) so living off that would be possible. Taco Bell's menu has more variety in it, so I can see living off that even easier. The part I question is that Dan's willingness to do it would deteriorate. With nothing else, he would eventually get sick of it and regret it. He's probably still stubborn enough to pull through it though.

Nevertheless, I'm glad they managed to move the conversation along before Dan agreed to it.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@relkin said:
@hatking said:

I think that's a great way to bring back TNT. Get a more regular dialogue between the offices (or at least a more regular dialogue that the audience is privy to).

I feel like I heard the idea before, but I don't remember if it was something one of the staff mentioned while brainstorming or community conjecture. Either way, it would be an awesome way to go. I feel like the Rocket League (and that one text-to-speech whodunit game) stream was a good example of what that could be. Maybe those didn't do particularly well?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By rethla

@dixavd: It wasnt nothing but tacobell for 5years it was one taco per day in 5 years. He can eat whetever he wants to besides that.

@paulmako said:

I am worried how willing Dan was to take up the daily Taco Bell bet. Agreed though, it's great hearing the two sides of GB bounce off eachother like that.

Dan will do anything for money.

Peleus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To bad we probably won't get another outstanding UPF like last year when the east coast was in town. Unless they pull off some sort of miracle.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright so, I've never ate Taco Bell in my life. Is it actually edible? How does it compare to other fast food places?

Taco Bell is fine. People make a big thing about it not being food, but it's food, albeit mediocre quality highly processed with a shit ton of salt and fat. Take this with a grain of salt since I'm in Canada, but I have a friend who owns a KFC which is part of that same conglomerate, and all that stuff is just sourced from Sysco anyways, like half the restaurant chains in North America.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, Vinny's reactions to Dan are hilarious. Also, Austin has the best laugh!

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sumbog

Austin and Jeff also have a really great dynamic.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

When it comes to fast food for me personally, Taco Bell is right near the bottom of the list. It's gross and hyper-processed in a way that few other quick-service establishments can hold a candle to, and every time I've eaten it within the last few years I've always regretted it immediately.

It's fun watching the GBeast crew interact with the full-force of Dan Ryckert's terrible life choices, since the west coast team has become numb to them already. You can hear Vinny get more and more incredulous as Dan says with a straight face that he could eat Taco Bell every day for 5 years. That entire discussion upset me in ways I'm not entirely capable of describing, but I think it would be best for everyone if the Giant Bombcast never talked about food ever again.

MisTaH_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't imagine Dan would ever eat Taco Bell again after 5 years of nothing but.... But I've stopped trying to make sense of Dan.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: Question about that. Are you serious about being upset and not liking them talk about food when Dan is around? I see that sentiment a lot and I don't get it. I personally found it very entertaining and I see it as Dan pretty much playing a character that is an exaggeration of himself. I don't really understand why people are upset.

It's making me wonder if when the Bombcast guys go off the rails like that, if they are serious or are just playing characters to make things more entertaining.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By Humanity

@mistah_t said:

I can't imagine Dan would ever eat Taco Bell again after 5 years of nothing but.... But I've stopped trying to make sense of Dan.

He's been eating it almost daily since he was very young. I don't see him stopping even after being forced to eat ONLY Taco Bell for five years. Dan adamantly refuses to try mayo as if there is a 90% chance he might die from it. I mean I don't like some foods but whatever I'll try it once.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@justicejanitor: I am exaggerating, yes, though there is a part of my brain that goes crazy listening to a grown man talk with pride about having the eating palate of a 6-year-old, even if there's another part of my brain that knows Dan is self-aware and playing up his weirdo manchild heel schtick for comedic effect.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: I listened to the segment again and the original question was (via 2:44:13 in the non-premium bombcast):

Would you rather be forced to eat at Taco Bell for every meal for the next 5 years or never eat there again?

The key part being the "every meal" definition. Jeff said he would get around it by only eating (like he used to) once a day on his way home from work. Dan said he would willingly have breakfast, lunch and dinner (and 4th meal though it closes to early in San Francisco) at Taco Bell. What counts as "a meal" though means that yes he could argue he could eat lots of other things (though he never did try and make this argument).

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Milkman

I fall on the Brad side of things in that I think that whole conversation was horrible and made me want to turn off the podcast. How many times can you have the same Taco Bell conversation? We get it, Dan likes it. Me too, I actually ate it today. Time to move on.

Honestly, it was a good reminder why I stopped listening to the Bombcast and stick to the Beastcast now.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#32  Edited By Yummylee

I've long since gotten bored of Dan as a 'personality' (part of the reason why I don't even listen to the regular bombcast anymore), and I doubt even the inclusion of Vinny could make anything Dan says in anyway engaging.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd really love it if we never talked about what Dan Ryckert will or won't eat ever again.

Same. I wish we could all just move on from this topic already. I feel like it's been a weekly thing for months now.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

It's horrid. I don't get why Dan is obsessed with Taco Bell instead of Taco John's.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: That's a shame. Do you like Dan in quicklooks or do you avoid him altogether?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Turambar

@pompouspizza said:

@yummylee: That's a shame. Do you like Dan in quicklooks or do you avoid him altogether?

I still listen to the Bombcast but I actively avoid any quick looks that Dan appears in.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37  Edited By veektarius

@justicejanitor: I get generally irritated when people talk about not wanting to try various foods that plenty of people like for no reason than apparent neuroticism. I'm just like, "how are you able to deal with being so irrational? Get a hold on yourself!" which is made even worse when the person takes a certain pride in their irrationality. It's like someone taking pride in being an anti-vaccer despite realizing there is no evidence to support their position. I learned this lesson about myself before hearing Dan, but Dan certainly bothers me in the same way.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny was right. Taco Bell is indeed garbage. Dan only thinks so highly of it because it sounds like he ate it a lot as a child. Taste has a positive association in his brain. Same with me and Kraft Shells and Cheese. Too much Taco Bell and that goes away.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

Stuff like this makes me wish the offices were joined in one spot. I really dislike the East/West stuff.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#40 sgtsphynx  Moderator  Online

I think the more interesting question is how much money would it take for Dan to eat no Taco Bell for five years.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

I fall on the Brad side of things in that I think that whole conversation was horrible and made me want to turn off the podcast. How many times can you have the same Taco Bell conversation? We get it, Dan likes it. Me too, I actually ate it today. Time to move on.

Honestly, it was a good reminder why I stopped listening to the Bombcast and stick to the Beastcast now.

I don't get it. Why was it so horrible? My opinion is that I think Brad should generally go a little easier on the trying to stray the conversation away from certain topics. It made sense to do it today because we already got a nice full-fledged discussion about Taco Bell. But being oversensitive to remaining "on topic" (Not that Brad does this, I'm actually saying that this bombcast was surprising because it was one of the few times I heard him try to shut down a conversation) is a real killer of the mood. I forget who it was on Rooster Teeth's original podcast, but someone tried to get them to stop talking about stuff local to whatever city in Texas they were located and that really killed a lot of the fun. Hearing about that stuff is part of the reason I listened to that podcast. And look at RT's podcast now. They tried too hard to self-moderate and it's a shit show over there.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaunk: It has nothing to do with straying off topic, I have zero issues with that. It's that the conversation is boring and the exact same thing everytime. Dan says something ridiculous about food, someone acts appalled, Dan doubles down and the other person continues to act baffled, rinse and repeat. It's just a tired act. I don't care if Dan likes Taco Bell. Let him, it's fine. I'm tired of hearing about it though.

ToySoldier83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: you could apply that to anything Dan related, why is the food discussion any different?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toysoldier83: I agree. Like I said, I don't listen to the Bombcast anymore and that's a big reason. Only reason I listened to this one was because the east coast guys were on.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

Totally agree. I feel like everyone has a very specific thing in common with each other bombadeer, Jeff and Vinny is always brought up, but Jeff and Alex is a whole different thing. like you can't just break them into groups it's more Venn diagrams then anything.

Flight Club: Drew and Vinny.

Fight Club: Jeff and Jason

Screened: Alex and Rorie

Ska Club: Jeff and Alex

Film and 40's: Drew and Dan

Gundam Club: Austin and Vinny

Import Club: Jason and Austin

Brad, Jason and Alex should do something together, I think it would be great, even if it was just combined disdain in Dan.

Blizzard Appreciation Hour: Rorie and Brad

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the theme to the Odd Couple playing in my head

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing that stuck out to me was actually just the disbelief that somebody could just eat a taco every day.

ToySoldier83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: eating a taco everyday is fine, eating taco bell on the other hand...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

The only content I've watched lately with Dan in it were the Mario Maker videos.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: eating a taco everyday is fine, eating taco bell on the other hand...

No that's what I mean. Vinny and I think maybe Brad were disputing the notion of being able to just eat a taco every day.