Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Jay444111

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jay444111:

What about Fi? She was as annoying as Navi, but nowhere near as integral to the plot.

Fi... why did I have to remember her! She is WORSE than Navi! At least with Navi I can ignore her. Fi... fuck no! What was Nintendo smoking when making her? Did they think by making a MORE annoying ally that we would instead think Navi is more awesome or something? I just don't know. Great game though... but the flaws in it are WEIRD!

Oh... and I just got Tecmos Deception? Start playing now or later?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#52  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Jay444111 said:

I haven't played Deception, yet, so...yes? Can't say.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Jay444111

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jay444111 said:

I haven't played Deception, yet, so...yes? Can't say.

I hear it contains Satanic stuff... Dammit! I am going to have to play it!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Jay444111 said:

I do not enjoy this line of logic.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Jay444111

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jay444111 said:

Hey! You are the guy I expect to play this stuff! Hell, you played My little pony and Mary Kate and Ashley!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By jakob187

I hate it when people feel the need to say "this game is the (insert name of popular game) killer)". What does it matter? If it's a good game, it stands on its own legs and doesn't need to bother about killing anyone.

It's like when everyone kept talking about the "WoW killer". Everyone wanted to take down the behemoth. Meanwhile, Arenanet was over here with Guild Wars, sitting pretty on some 3 million subscribers, and they were never trying to be a WoW killer. They were trying to be a solid MMO that people could play.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MegaLombax

Similar-styled games don't have to murder each other...they're just there to give gamers choice. Plus, the ability of one game to kill another is purely subjective.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Jay444111 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jay444111 said:

Hey! You are the guy I expect to play this stuff! Hell, you played My little pony and Mary Kate and Ashley!

Isn't that evidence against me playing Deception?

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By Tuggah

Didn't read a single post and I am just going to answer the question posed in the thread title: Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072a2b922a9
deactivated-5c072a2b922a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@MegaLombax said:

Similar-styled games don't have to murder each other...they're just there to give gamers choice. Plus, the ability of one game to kill another is purely subjective.

well yes, that is why I asked for opinions on the matter. I realize that by nature it can only be a subjective topic.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@Ravenlight said:

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

Don't be silly, Zelda games are forever money.

Apt observation. Nintendo could release the original Legend of Zelda over and over, ad infinitum on every new device, forever and still make bank. Hardcore Zelda fans* don't want a new direction (or even innovation, it seems like sometimes), they just want more Zelda.

--

*No, I'm not referring to you, don't be so self-centered.**

--

**That doesn't play the same way I wanted it to after quoting c0lp0p. Let's pretend that this never happened...

Skyward Sword did a thing different. You can't just roll everywhere in that one.

You're awkward, but you're also right.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MegaLombax

@GlutenBob said:

@MegaLombax said:

well yes, that is why I asked for opinions on the matter. I realize that by nature it can only be a subjective topic.

Answering the question though, i'd have to say no. Darksiders 2 isn't going to be a zelda killer, nor would it kill other games. Zelda stands on its own with its own merits as to why its a good game. So does Darksiders. But I do prefer Darksiders over Zelda, but that's because I'm a fan of Joe Mad's art style.

Avatar image for chaoskiller2000
Chaoskiller2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#63  Edited By Chaoskiller2000

I am a HUGE Zelda fan and even I have to say that I am much more excited for this game than I ever was for last years Zelda game. Maybe it was the fact that I hate motion control maybe it was the fact every Zelda game is starting to feel the same. Regardless this game looks amazing and its one of the few games I am looking forward to this year!

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By casper_

the character art in darksiders really bums me out. death looks like some 8th grade metal-heads dream come true. its like if brutal legends art style was totally devoid of any irony and took itself very seriously while remaining totally dumb.

PureBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PureBacon

I feel like there is one of these posts every month

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I haven't played a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time, so, yeah, Darksiders fills that niche quite nicely while also appealing to other things I like. Heavy Metal (the magazine), comic books, and batshit crazy concepts and scenarios. All in all, Darksiders 2 looks like a further improvement on the Zelda formula by offering deeper RPG mechanics, loot, and customization.

All in all I'm looking forward to Darksiders 2. It looks like a much more ambitious title. I like that.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By EthanielRain

Darksiders is one of my favorite games of this generation. The fact that it was the first game from a new developer makes it all the more amazing. I have high hopes for DS2 and am confident it will live up to my expectations.

But Zelda is on an entirely different level. The next Zelda game will top the sales charts by virtue of being "Zelda HD". Nothing else matters, just being "Zelda" sets it apart from most other games. I don't even like Zelda anymore, but it's akin to Superman or Batman. It's just too big to be killed by anything other than the death of Nintendo itself.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AngelN7

Is Darksiders really mature? everytime I see that game I just hear a Disturbed Track on the background while a kid playing with his War action figure like... it so cheesy 90s kid action tv series that I can't see why anyone would take that as a 'serious take on the zelda formula' they're both fantasy but one isn't more mature than the other.

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Anupsis

I hate Zelda but enjoy Darksiders. Are they similar in some basic ways? Yes, but they are still different in many ways.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By Dalai

If THQ can't get its finances together, Darksiders 2 might end up being an unsuccessful suicide bombing. 

Zelda is so iconic, it might be impossible to actually kill that franchise now. Plus, Darksiders is not a pure Zelda clone... it does take several elements from other games.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Clonedzero

no, but it looks awesome.

i might get it and the first one, i bet i could get the first one for cheap eh?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Hunkulese
@GlutenBob

@Hunkulese said:

@GlutenBob What if there are some people who *gasp* play them both?

There could be. I am one of them. I just think that Darksiders 2 will be superior to any of the zelda games this generation.

How does that make it a Zelda kIller? We wouldn't have many games to play if companies stopped makIng games because someone else was doing it better.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By Deranged

@S0ndor said:

It will be awesome, but no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072a2b922a9
deactivated-5c072a2b922a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Hunkulese said:

@GlutenBob

@Hunkulese said:

@GlutenBob What if there are some people who *gasp* play them both?

There could be. I am one of them. I just think that Darksiders 2 will be superior to any of the zelda games this generation.

How does that make it a Zelda kIller? We wouldn't have many games to play if companies stopped makIng games because someone else was doing it better.

I didn't mean it like that. I mean't that it would be the superior action adventure that has puzzles experience. I apparently didn't know exactly what you guys inferred by the word 'killer'. So my fault.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By JoeyRavn

@GlutenBob said:

I didn't mean it like that. I mean't that it would be the superior action adventure that has puzzles experience. I apparently didn't know exactly what you guys inferred by the word 'killer'. So my fault.

I think most people understood what you meant by "killer", but it won't be "killer" in any sense of the word. Sure, the basic layout of "go to dungeon, get item, open new areas" is there, but Darksiders 2 draws from many more games than just Zelda. It looks like Darksiders 2 is approaching more the gameplay of an action RPG like, say, Fable or Amalur rather than a Zelda game.

That said, Darksiders 2 looks amazing and I can hardly wait for it. But that game and Zelda play on two different levels that barely overlap.

Wesker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Wesker411
@AngelN7 said:

Is Darksiders really mature? everytime I see that game I just hear a Disturbed Track on the background while a kid playing with his War action figure like... it so cheesy 90s kid action tv series that I can't see why anyone would take that as a 'serious take on the zelda formula' they're both fantasy but one isn't more mature than the other.

+1 to this. Darksiders feels more like a cartoon. When I think of mature I think of something like Dante's Inferno. I couldn't even finish the first Darksiders game. Give me Zelda any day.
Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77  Edited By Zenogiasu

"Zelda killer"? I'm absolutely dying (har har) to play Darksiders II, but it's never gonna trump the Zelda series in sales. In terms of quality, perhaps, but it's hardly enough to "kill" one of the most successful franchises in industry history.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#78  Edited By demonbear

Zelda's dead to me for years now. I'm not a kid anymore. ;)

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79  Edited By Klei

@GlutenBob said:

@Taku128 said:

@GlutenBob said:

@Taku128 said:

I don't really get all the Skyward Sword hate. It wasn't perfect, but I still really enjoyed it. Now Twilight Princess on the other hand, THERE'S a real piece of shit game.

wha????

I loved TP and dislike SS. Skyward Swords controls, Fi and overall kiddish theme really killed it for me. I mean Wind Waker was pretty kiddish too, but Skyward Sword took it to a whole another level.

Twilight Princess was a 20 hour long chore. The four hour tutorial town sucked, the dungeons sucked, the combat sucked, playing as the wolf sucked, hunting for light tears sucked, the entire game just... sucked. Also Wind Waker's artstyle was fantastic.

I agree about Wind Wakers artstyle. I would have liked SS artstyle but it was a blurry mess. I cannot support something with such bad graphics.

WW on the other hand, was eye candy.

Not to be rude or anything, but Skyward Sword's graphics are awesome. They look like pastel, and to think they managed to pull this game off on a glorified gamecube, its amazing to me. Also, Skyward Sword may be the best Zelda to date. Its dungeons are brilliant and so is the fact that you gain most items pretty quickly and that Nintendo found a way to re-use them instead of throwing them to the dump like every other Zelda before it. As for, Fi, she didn't bother me at all, she's no different than any of the other annoying helpers you've had in the past. I liked her AI tone. Yeah, motion controls have to be learned, but to be honest, I really liked the sword fight. I guess that people who bitched about the motion controls are grumps who shouldn't possess a Wii to begin with. It's kind of the point of the console.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#80  Edited By me3639

One has an Elf, the other Death. I dont think there is a comparison.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Wesker411 said:

@AngelN7 said:

+1 to this. Darksiders feels more like a cartoon. When I think of mature I think of something like Dante's Inferno. I couldn't even finish the first Darksiders game. Give me Zelda any day.

I don't follow your logic. Darksiders is "mature" in the sense that it has blood and graphic violence that a Zelda game doesn't. That's as "mature" as it gets. Certainly the plot is not an L.A. Noire or Heavy Rain, if that's what you understand solely as "mature", but it is more involved than that of the average Zelda game.

But what I don't get is what being "mature" or not has to do with you being able to finish the first game...

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@JoeyRavn

@Wesker411 said:

@AngelN7 said:

I don't follow your logic. Darksiders is "mature" in the sense that it has blood and graphic violence that a Zelda game doesn't. That's as "mature" as it gets. Certainly the plot is not an L.A. Noire or Heavy Rain, if that's what you understand solely as "mature", but it is more involved than that of the average Zelda game.

But what I don't get is what being "mature" or not has to do with you being able to finish the first game...

And Dante's Inferno was shitty and tried really hard to be disturbing. If that's mature, I suppose so are high school goths.
AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AngelN7

@JoeyRavn said:

@Wesker411 said:

@AngelN7 said:

Well you're right is a game for mature audiences in the sense that it shows graphic violence but I don't see anything adult about the game style , plot or character development, I guess that just sparked out of the comments made when the game came out like " this is a Zelda game I've been wating for I'm not a kid anymore! " or "Nintendo is never going to make a mature Zelda game" wich prompted me to ask really? because other than the blood and gore that's clearly not the kind of content you want in a "kids game" Zelda is just as fantastical as Darksiders is, it would be like me comparing a Disney cartoon with a Cartoon Network show they're both for kids just from different ages but in the end for kids. I would even argue that the younger kid oriented show is more bearable for an adult than the juvenile one.

Wesker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Wesker411
@JoeyRavn said:

@Wesker411 said:

@AngelN7 said:

If you consider cartoon violence to be mature, that's cool, I don't. That also wasn't my reason for not being able to finish the game, I never said it was. Darksiders was pulling ideas from a lot of different games, not just Zelda. The overall execution of each idea was average at best. The combat was average, not kick ass like DMC or NG. The puzzles were boring, easy to figure out. Boss fights were average, didn't create that epic feel that I get from boss fights from the Zelda series. Nothing from the game was really bad, just average. That's how I felt when I played the game, it wasn't a bad experience. Just couldn't hold me to the end.
ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#85  Edited By ahgunsillyo

I'm sure somebody said the same thing about the first Darksiders when that game came out.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#86  Edited By galiant

Why does a game have to kill another game? Different games, for different people.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By bunnymud

DARKSIDERS IZ 4 BROS'

ZELDA IZ 4 HO'S

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points