Decision: The Saboteur or Dragon Age?

dimpley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By dimpley

I imagine to the majority of people this sounds like a stupid question. Dragon Age. No contest. 
But I'm not really a big RPG fan. Oblivion I loved, but never found a RPG since that takes me through the same experience. Although, watching a friend of mine play for a little while the other night, it did look really good... 

However the Saboteur looks a lot more mindless fun. Aesthetically pleasing, immediate action, with little thought to the specifics of your character, and how it will effect your game. A lot more up my street if I'm honest.  

If anyone can shed some light on this, would be eternally grateful because I need something new to play! I've 100%'d Assassin's and MW (with the multiplayer being something I dip into now and then). 
If it helps I'm an achievement junkie as well :/  
Cheers guys x

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I entirely hated Oblivion, and I find Dragon Age miles better, but I am definitely into RPGs as well. I think its moreso what you think for yourself, to me its dragon age no doubt, but if you arent huge into RPGs you may just be better with Saboteur. Its still only worth a rent in my opinion.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By skrutop

If you're not into RPGs, then I don't think you'd be into Dragon Age.  However, I have no idea if The Saboteur is any good, so I can't recommend it.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Griddler

Dragon Age will keep you going all through Christmas.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By illmatic19
@skrutop said:

" If you're not into RPGs, then I don't think you'd be into Dragon Age. "

Yeah, but if you do decide to get Dragon Age play it on the easiest difficulty setting since you aren't into RPGs. That game is hella hard.
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cstrang

Dragon Age: Origins is an amazing game, a GotY contender.  I'm not the biggest RPG fan either, but DA:O is pretty fricking awesome.  I haven't played The Saboteur yet, but from what I've read it's decent, but not world-shaking.

I'd choose Dragon Age in a second.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By luce

If you're not an Rpg fan than i'd go with the saboteur. Dragon age is HEAVY on the Rpg-ness and will take a while just to fully understand how the systems work.

It doesn't have that much in common with Oblivion besides the whole exploring sidequests thing. The combat is drastically different. Combat wise it has more in common with Final Fantasy12.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By JokerClown88

Dragon Age got me Pregnant!!!! 

Wait......I can't get pregnant.......I don't have the proper parts........So why am I bloating and having morning sickness??? 

DRAGON AGE GOT ME PREGNANT!!!!!
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

When it comes to mindless, fast paced fun. The Saboteur does deliver imo. Its pretty clunky with most aspects but its easy to look past once u get in the groove of things and it'll just feel as part of the game more so than a hinderance.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hitchenson
@Dimpley said:
" Dragon Age. No contest. "
You appear to have answered your own question.
skaune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By skaune

Did you play Mass Effect or the KOTOR games? What did you think of the massive amounts of dialog? If you hated it, then I don't think DA:O will be a winner for you. But if you have nothing against chatting up npc's and you like all the traditional things an RPG offers, plus a good story, then go for it. I'd say you talk more than fight in DA:O. 

The Sabouter: WWII GTA. 

I think you'll spend a lot of hours with both games. So... what are you looking for? Swords and bows or rifles and machine guns? A serious game or a not so serious one?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By xyzygy

Did you like or play KOTOR? The games are essentially the same, with Dragon Age having an improved Tactics system which is useful for commanding your squad, along with less flashier combat. As far as story itself, it's OK but the Bioware presentation is what makes it what it is. The story and setting is very similar to Lord of the Rings. I have a feeling if you don't like RPGs you may not like this game.