Did Capcom announce their secret games yet?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

Did Capcom ever announce what their secret games were supposed to be yet?  I've haven't read anything about them yet on any game site.  Are they waiting till tomorrow to announce them?  Or did Capcom even come to E3 this year cause of swine flu?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

You have a point.

I want Capcom games!

I think it had someting to do with Capcom not being able to make E3 due to travel restrictions from the Swine Flu scare.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

they had 2 secret games weeks ago. then 1 was revealed...a US port of Tatsunoko vs Capcom

the other was aparently Resident Evil for psp >_> note to self: never get excited with announcements of game companies

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Guardian

It might have been the Resident Evil PSP game. 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Tatsunoko vs CAPCOM US/EU and RE PSP. Those were the surprises. Shitty surprise the latter, I mean, all this hype to just throw a franchise coming to PSP with no details, no images, nothing? Come on...

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I was pretty disappointed with Capcom... but oh well, It doesn't damage the respect I have for them.

Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dirty_Harry

Yes, Left 4 dead 3.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By asurastrike
@TheJollyRajah said:
" I was pretty disappointed with Capcom... but oh well, It doesn't damage the respect I have for them. "
Resident Evil 5 damaged the respect I have for them.
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By TobyD81

Ah yeah...I really had my fingers crossed for Strider.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_A_Drain

Well, seeing as they promised a series reboot after Resi 5 (which I was sorely dissapointed with) i'm hoping the PSP outing will have traditional 'tank' style controls, and be a traditionaly themed Resident Evil, a return to true Survival Horror form, fixed amount of ammunition, clever puzzles, creepy locations, etc, not an action game.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@The_A_Drain said:
" Well, seeing as they promised a series reboot after Resi 5 (which I was sorely dissapointed with) i'm hoping the PSP outing will have traditional 'tank' style controls, and be a traditionaly themed Resident Evil, a return to true Survival Horror form, fixed amount of ammunition, clever puzzles, creepy locations, etc, not an action game. "
In this day and age that game would not be playable.
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PercyChuggs
@The_A_Drain said:
" Well, seeing as they promised a series reboot after Resi 5 (which I was sorely dissapointed with) i'm hoping the PSP outing will have traditional 'tank' style controls, and be a traditionaly themed Resident Evil, a return to true Survival Horror form, fixed amount of ammunition, clever puzzles, creepy locations, etc, not an action game. "
They have that out already. It's called Resident Evil: Director's Cut on the Playstation Network.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ineedaname
"Capcom Mystery Game #2: Resident Evil PSP. All new, designed specifically for PSPGo. A ways out, but an awesome design planned."
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_A_Drain
@PercyChuggs:

Yeah yeah...

Resident Evil needs to get back to it's roots because at the moment it's no more Survival Horror than Gears of War or Lemmings.

@JeffGolblum:

Only if you have celery stick for thumbs. Seriously, people whine too much about tank controls but they fit the theme absolutely perfectly, they do a lot to heighten tension and the feeling of not being totally in control of your surroundings. They added a quick turn, and that's all they really needed to do. Maybe add some more movement to the aiming controls, and institute a similar "shoot and walk/run" thing to that of the original Metal Gear Solid.
Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
@JeffGoldblum said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
In this day and age that game would not be playable. "
What about your film, The Fly? Is that still watchable?
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Jeust

I like the action game style of the resident evil 4, without the co-op quirk... if the psp game was like that i'd be very impressed.

Capcom should just make us forget of Resident Evil 5. (just being over the top...)
Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

...And another thing, I still enjoy the old school RE style of play thank you very much.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Kou_Leifoh:

Yeah, I absolutely love Resi 4, but with it's popularity, true Survival Horror died (or, we can hope, went into a Coma and might come back out again)

Capcom went back to basics with Street Fighter IV, and not only did it work, they churned out one of the best fighters ever made. Here's hoping then can do the same with a new Resident Evil.

I don't mind action games, as i've said hundreds of times I absolutely loveed Resi 4, but we have enough action games, we need some proper Survival Horror.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Diamond

Any game that comes out today with tank controls will tank, and justly.  Games have moved on for a reason, shitty controls only make a game worse.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Diamond:

Different =/= Shitty

It's a perfectly legitimate control scheme, one that worked well up until they decided to switch genres for no good reason.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Diamond
@The_A_Drain said:
" @Diamond: Different =/= ShittyIt's a perfectly legitimate control scheme, one that worked well up until they decided to switch genres for no good reason. "
Shitty = shitty = tank controls.

There's nothing legitimate about slowing turning directions at a constant pace, not being able to see what you're aiming at, not being able to sidestep, and not being able to turn when moving forward.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
@The_A_Drain said:
" @Kou_Leifoh: Yeah, I absolutely love Resi 4, but with it's popularity, true Survival Horror died (or, we can hope, went into a Coma and might come back out again)Capcom went back to basics with Street Fighter IV, and not only did it work, they churned out one of the best fighters ever made. Here's hoping then can do the same with a new Resident Evil.I don't mind action games, as i've said hundreds of times I absolutely loveed Resi 4, but we have enough action games, we need some proper Survival Horror. "
I don't think so, for Street Fighter, Third Strike is still the best in the series.

But I do agree with you about RE switching genres, though.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Diamond said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
" @Diamond: Different =/= ShittyIt's a perfectly legitimate control scheme, one that worked well up until they decided to switch genres for no good reason. "
Shitty = shitty = tank controls.There's nothing legitimate about slowing turning directions at a constant pace, not being able to see what you're aiming at, not being able to sidestep, and not being able to turn when moving forward."

The problem with turning at a constant pace was remedied with the quick turn. You can see what you're aiming at perfectly well, and if you still can't manage it, theres auto aim, dont bust me any of that shit about skill or challenge, it's a Survival Horror the skill and challenge manifest in different ways from being able to point and shoot, they come from intelligent planning of your actions and knowledge of your surroundings. You can turn while movning forward, always have been able to.

Edit: The way the game plays doesn't really call for sidestepping, but if you really want it, it would not be hard to implement, or hard to use. And if I remember rightly, Resident Evil 3 had a dodge function but people hated it, so it was removed again. Although it might have been in Zero again, I dont remember.

But you don't really need those tools, the game isn't about lightning fast action and zombies bearing down on you every single second. It's about the feeling of isolation and mystery, as well as the small in number, but highly dangerous enemies.

@Kou_Leifoh:

I said one of the best because it's widely considered to be up there somewhere, be it top ten, five, three, who cares. I specifically avoided making a claim not everybody would agree with because we already had that argument :) And if I remember rightly, some people got killed o_o
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Diamond
@The_A_Drain said:
The problem with turning at a constant pace was remedied with the quick turn. You can see what you're aiming at perfectly well, and if you still can't manage it, theres auto aim, dont bust me any of that shit about skill or challenge, it's a Survival Horror the skill and challenge manifest in different ways from being able to point and shoot, they come from intelligent planning of your actions and knowledge of your surroundings. You you can turn while movning forward, always have been able to. "
It depends on what game's tank controls you're talking about, but no, you weren't always able to turn while moving forward.  In the RE games with prerendered backgrounds you often couldn't see where you were shooting, no skill or challenge involved, it was flat out broken.

You can have skill and challenge manifest themselves without having archaic, barely functional controls.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Diamond:

Well, I have every Resident Evil game ever released(except arcade cabs), and almost every version of each one. So take your pick. I can't think of a single one that you could not move forward and turn at the same time. You could even do that so far back as the original Alone in the Dark game. (Edit: I'm not 100% sure on other series tank style controls though, like Silent Hill or that weird japanese Cop game with robots. Althoug if I remember rightly you could run and turn in Galerians)

As for not being able to see what you're shooting, that was a design choice and would be easily changeable. But as I said, you lose nothing in experience form using auto-aim (only game this wasn't available in was the very first version of Resident Evil, present in all games after that) as it's not an action fest, you don't need to prove your aiming skill to anybody. Besides, it works just fine with or without auto-aim for me...

I'm not suggesting archaic, barely functional controls. I'm suggesting an update of the tank controls, they can add a wide variety of features while still keeping the feel of the game that tank controls make possible. But almost equally as importantly are the locations, enemies and items present in the game. Infinite ammo and enemies, please, that's not survival horror. It's action/endurance.

Edit:

Don't take any of this the wrong way, I love both RE4 style, and old Resi style. And I know full well that a lot of people don't like old style Resi. But the bottom line is that there are enough true Resi fans to make the series a healthy profit, so why they feel the need to cater to people who could just go and play Gears of War baffles me. I mean, i'd even forego tank controls and be happy with Dead Space controls (Resi 4 controls, but perfected imo) so long as the game itself was actually survival horror, not some action game. I love action games, but not when i'm in the mood for survival horror.