Do / Did You Prefer Quake or Unreal Tournament?

• 104 results
thepoopler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I liked both games. But when it came down to it, Quake 3 was Street Fighter 2 to Unreal Tournament's Mortal Kombat if that makes sense.

One felt smooth and fluid like a well oiled thought out machine. The other was a super fun cluster fuck of ideas that didn't hold on to me as long.

Kairu_de_Large

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was always a Quake guy because that's what my dad played with his friends at work. I have fond memories of using a dial up connection to play Quake 2 with him on his lunch break, and take your kid to work day was always a blast(though they mostly played Half Life MP which was awesome too). When we got a cable modem when I was 12 is when I got super into online FPS, I played Quake 3 Arena through high school. In all honesty though I never really tried Unreal Tournament too many times, and the times I did I was never really that into it. To me it all seemed a bit much and a bit of a clusterfuck between the gameplay itself and the announcer constantly exclaiming "mmmmmmonster kkkilllll" and the like. That isn't to say I wouldn't have enjoyed it given the proper amount of time dedicated to it, though now it's too late for that.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UT. Quake is still awesome though.

LunyAlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved both, like, a lot.
Played UT mostly with bots at home and Quake at Lan Caffes.

If I had to choose, I'd go with UT. Game felt a bit more charming to me.