Do you believe in ghosts or similar paranormal entities?

• 181 results
krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By krazy_kyle

Its something i've been pondering about and I figure that if there is a chance of life after death, then this can be possible? 
Anyway I want to hear your views, Have you had any experiences yourselves? 

EDIT: forgot to set this topic as an off-topic forum post, sorry.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No, because there is no proof.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't see how there can be a life after death, I would love to be proved wrong but I think humans have wanted something after life so bad they created religion to mask the fact that they will be nothing someday and to create a false hope within themselves of a "Heaven" they will go to when they die.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By buzz_clik

Nope. Not at all. There's nothing that indicates to me that anything exists after this life.

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By andrela

I believe in ghosts I guess. Not the bullshit ghost hunter stuff on tv but I believe places can hold the energy of things that happened there. Anyone whos ever been in a concentration camp will get what I'm saying. 

Also theres a pub near me thats one of the most haunted places in Ireland. The walls once bled

tankx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By tankx

NO! 

I can't turn on the TV without seeing some type of AD for a "Ghost Hunter" show. (i.e good editing works wonders!) People are gullible enough so I can't blame them for making em'

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By krazy_kyle
@Andrela:
bleeding walls? that would give me a heart attack. which bar is this? i live in belfast, northern ireland so its fairly local :P
Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

No.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

God exists 
he's a bored prick who plays with us like we play with the sims 

he can create aliens or ghosts ON THE SPOT when he feels like it, scare someone/drive them nuts then delete that ghost file from existence 

Gul_Torgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Gul_Torgo

Nope.  Yet to see any instance of a mind existing without a brain (or a brain analogue).

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By krazy_kyle
@Ahmad_Metallic:
I wasnt necessarily talking about God per say. Just if humans REALLY have spirits which leave the body after death?
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NathHaw

I suppose it depends.  I don't believe in the common concepts of psychic powers, ghosts, etc.   

This kinda stuff bugs me.   

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Why would there be the Ghostbusters if there's no ghosts? I thought everyone knew that..
Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ashby

Hm, well, I have bad nightmares and the THOUGHT of ghosts/spirits scare the shit out of me, but I wouldn't say I actually believe in them. 

But mirrors give me the mad heebie-jeebies all the same.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By krazy_kyle
@Bloviator:  
That was hilarious. I think humans at least most of them, dont posess such talent as they are limited to their body. but there have been some tellers or mediums who i found very very impressive. This animal telepathy stuff is most likely a load of BS
krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By krazy_kyle
@Ashby:
me too, hate mirrors and scared of the dark because i think something is watching me in wait :P even tho there clearly isnt
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By buzz_clik
@Ashby said:

" But mirrors give me the mad heebie-jeebies all the same. "

Yay!

As an aside, I'd forgotten that Ted Raimi was in this.
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NathHaw
@buzz_clik: Try it yourself.  Call him out!  Do it!  I'd say you could come back and tell us it didn't work, but you wouldn't be able to!
Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ashby
@buzz_clik:  
Oh snaps! 

What first did it was when I was a child reading a book called "Bruce Coville's Book of Nightmares", and one of the stories was a young girl checking her face out in the mirror and finding a completely different world inside of it. A double of her from that world came out from the mirror, trapping the girl inside of it, and then took over her life. Oooooh I was terrified for years that I would be taken to another world by amirror double, ahaha.
JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JerichoBlyth

I believe in energy residue. Call it 'ghosts' if you may. Only those who have experienced psychic/paranormal events will acknowledge this subject matter anyway.

I am a grown 24 year old man and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that people leave some sort of energy behind when they die. 

....however, the idea of spirits/ghosts wandering around and still actively seeking help/companionship  is completely fucking retarded. I do not believe in life after death for the record. I only believe that we leave some sort of residue behind (and no, I am not just talking about our rotting corpses lol)

Oh btw - people who respond to this thread quite negatively are scared themselves yet believe it to be funny to make other people feel as uneasy as they do about their future. Just saying.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@JerichoBlyth said:
" Oh btw - people who respond to this thread quite negatively are scared themselves yet believe it to be funny to make other people feel as uneasy as they do about their future. Just saying. "
Wow, types like you who think they know everything about everybody annoy me to no end.  Maybe they're responding negatively because they just don't take this seriously and not because they're scared.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By buzz_clik
@Bloviator said:
" @buzz_clik: Try it yourself.  Call him out!  Do it!  I'd say you could come back and tell us it didn't work, but you wouldn't be able to! "
Heh. Actually, I did do it in high school when the movie first came out, just to show some dickhead girls that it was bollocks. Candyman's still a damn good movie, though. And the music by Philip Glass is amazing and aptly haunting.
Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ashby
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @JerichoBlyth said:
" Oh btw - people who respond to this thread quite negatively are scared themselves yet believe it to be funny to make other people feel as uneasy as they do about their future. Just saying. "
Wow, types like you who think they know everything about everybody annoy me to no end.  Maybe they're responding negatively because they just don't take this seriously and not because they're scared. "
Doesn't help that, often, the people who do believe really believe, and the people who don't really don't.
Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Semition

Consciousness is the result of the brain.

No brain. No you.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By toowalrus

Not a bit. I don't even I think I need to explain why.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JerichoBlyth
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @JerichoBlyth said:
Wow, types like you who think they know everything about everybody annoy me to no end.  Maybe they're responding negatively because they just don't take this seriously and not because they're scared. "

Well you were certainly quick to reply to that statement. But let's not.

If you do not take the thread seriously then why would you particiapate? For the lulz? Grow up people - this isn't 2003 anymore.

But yeah - to stay on topic...

I merely only believe in echoes. Do not ask me to explain because I cannot provide an answer, which would be logical at all lol
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Ashby said:

" Doesn't help that, often, the people who do believe really believe, and the people who don't really don't. "

Yeah, there's that.  In my case—I might come off as a jerk by saying this—I don't believe in it because I think it's irrational to believe in something that has no facts to support it.  I'm sure many of these people who believe in ghosts and such would say that they're atheists because believing in things like Jesus and a God is silly, but, to me, believing in ghosts or anything "mystic" like that and believing in God is the same thing: baseless ideas/beliefs.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By buzz_clik
@JerichoBlyth said:
" ...I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that people leave some sort of energy behind when they die. "
What do you mean by energy? And how does it manifest itself in a way that is detectable to the living?

@JerichoBlyth said:
Nope, not scared at all. In fact, the day I stopped believing in this kind of stuff was one of the most liberating days of my life.
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@FluxWaveZ said:
" No, because there is no proof. "
You win! Here, have some cookie,

No Caption Provided
Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lawrens

I'm skeptical about it, but I'm leaning towards the "I don't believe it until I experience it myself" side. What I don't believe are the people who claimed to experience this kind of things, but it's not that I think they're telling lies, it is just that fear could affect people's perceptions, of course not all of them are the same type of people who are seeing things because they're extremely afraid, there are exceptions and I leave room for other possibilities, but so far I think it has more to do with psychology more than super natural stuff.

To make it simple, what I think is when a person sees a ghost, it is a by product of their subconsciousness fucking with them, that is why you get hypnopompic or hypnagogic hallucinations, and out of body experiences during sleep paralysis, but there are cases where people sees strangers they claimed they haven't seen before, and there were history of such person existing, those are a bit more interesting, but there are explanations to those (person sees photos but forgot about it, heard about their features but they're not aware of it etc.), I do think it might be possible and there're other explanations, but I remain skeptical until I could experience such a thing (I get a lot sleep paralysis myself and I think a lot of things I see in that state is bullshit that is nothing but hallucinations, but I've never hallucinated when I'm fully awake)

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By Scooper
@JerichoBlyth said:
" I believe in energy residue. ....however, the idea of spirits/ghosts wandering around and still actively seeking help/companionship is completely fucking retarded. "
Lmfao.

No I don't believe in any of that noise. I am a man of science and logic. There is neither any scientific proof nor any place within the laws of logic, so I do not 'believe', I 'know'.
Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Semition
@buzz_clik said:
" @JerichoBlyth said:
" ...I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that people leave some sort of energy behind when they die. "
What do you mean by energy? And how does it manifest itself in a way that is detectable to the living?"
Our dead bodies can be used as fertilizer or food for bugs! That counts as energy. :D
JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JerichoBlyth
@buzz_clik said:
" @JerichoBlyth said:
What do you mean by energy? And how does it manifest itself in a way that is detectable to the living?

@JerichoBlyth said:
Nope, not scared at all. In fact, the day I stopped believing in this kind of stuff was one of the most liberating days of my life. "

Just using the word 'energy' to describe it loosely really. Why give a name to something that has not been recognised as fact? That's for the white coated people to do afterall! Although in this context, most would wonder which white coated people I am talking about lol

I never ever, ever, ever, ever wanted to believe in this sort of thing. I really didn't. I was a complete tool when it came to things like this. It didn't take someone's death to psychologically twist me into realising something is there though. Nothing like that. It's very difficult to explain because I am quite simply not capable of giving it an explanation. Very illogical (spock ears) yet fascinating. 

There are loads of things we do not understand about ourselves as a race yet. Hell, some people are still debating what determines the sex of a child in the womb. Is it random (how about a game of lucky hit?) or are girls really born through stress? But that's another topic lol
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

No evidence? No deal.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jasta

Not really, although if someone asked me to come and mess around with a Ouija board I'd pass just incase. =P

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ravenousrattler

While i do believe in paranormal stuff, most if not all the people on tv are full of shit and never deliver the goods.Chasing dust, pollen, and bugs around with a camcorder is not proof of ghosts.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Dylabaloo
@Bucketdeth said:
" I don't see how there can be a life after death, I would love to be proved wrong but I think humans have wanted something after life so bad they created religion to mask the fact that they will be nothing someday and to create a false hope within themselves of a "Heaven" they will go to when they die. "
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Bones8677

I don't have a definitive stance on ghosts, but I find the whole idea REALLY fascinating.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#39  Edited By Sin4profit

Life's way more fun if you believe in such things, but if ya ask me, nah...they don't exist.
Fiction about ghosts and even the "studies" of paranormal activity is still entertaining though.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#40  Edited By BeachThunder
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
You win! Here, have some cookie,

No Caption Provided
"
I swear that cookie has a face and is smirking at me... :O
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#41  Edited By citizenkane

Yes, and I have experienced it myself.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Ghost are spirits who died an unclean death and wasn't allowed in heaven due to hostility. However sometimes ghost will visit you, they are demons. They can impersonate the dead, that's the interesting thing. Ufos are demonic phenomenons, not space craft. There is a devil and he has alot of fallen angels, he was kicked on earth like the bible said.  

Of course I am not telling to belive my tin foil theory, it's just during my research into the illuminati, occult and paranormal i've discovered these things on youtube and I find it fasinating.  

Lady gaga said when she was doing alot of drugs and nearly gave up, a spirit of her dead relative, around her age said she will help lady gaga. A ghost in her sleep, she then changed because you see demonic freemasonary symbols everywhere in her videos.  

Oh right here is a video as my evidence, remember, I have no proof beyond a shadow of a doubt, however I have evidence to support my theories.  

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By one_2nd

No. 

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#44  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've researched a lot of reports and theories on paranormal activity and I don't believe in ghosts or anything of the like. I've seen things on television that I'd find hard to explain and I've thought I've seen rather distinguished shapes out of the corner of my eye but I've seen a lot more evidence against the existence of ghosts and spirits than I have seen for it.

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By apoptosis61
@FluxWaveZ said:
can say this for religions too :P
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By Daveyo520

No, I am not crazy.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BraveToaster

I'm not sure, but anything's possible.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hourai

Nope. Not at all. I believe in aliens, though. 

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Black_Raven
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

Ghost are spirits who died an unclean death and wasn't allowed in heaven due to hostility. However sometimes ghost will visit you, they are demons. They can impersonate the dead, that's the interesting thing. Ufos are demonic phenomenons, not space craft. There is a devil and he has alot of fallen angels, he was kicked on earth like the bible said.  

Of course I am not telling to belive my tin foil theory, it's just during my research into the illuminati, occult and paranormal i've discovered these things on youtube and I find it fasinating.  

Lady gaga said when she was doing alot of drugs and nearly gave up, a spirit of her dead relative, around her age said she will help lady gaga. A ghost in her sleep, she then changed because you see demonic freemasonary symbols everywhere in her videos.  

Oh right here is a video as my evidence, remember, I have no proof beyond a shadow of a doubt, however I have evidence to support my theories.  

"
I'm starting to think you've been possessed, by a crazy person.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Black_Raven: