Do you believe in ghosts or similar paranormal entities?

• 181 results
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By FirePrince
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"@Black_Raven:
   "

This is creepy stuff Hitman,who knew you were a enthusiast in the occult. 
As of Ghost,if there are any,well,here's hoping they are friendly and enjoy cookies.
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By CaptainObvious

Maybe. Just because I haven't seen them doesn't mean that they don't exist.

Danbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Danbo

Although sometimes things do seem a bit paranormal and I've had some weird "ghost" experiences, the materialist in me always tells me to stop being so stupid. The idea of a non-corporeal entity just seems absurd to me. How can something with no physical limitations or boundaries do anything? What would stop it form merging with any other "soul"? Due to the fact that most reasons why ghosts may exist are due to religion reasons, I'm even more inclined to think it's bullshit. In a world without a Higher Being, I don't see how the "spirit" of human beings could have been created through genetics and the process of evolution, so no matter what freaky shit I see, it just doesn't make any sense to me for them to exist.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By obcdexter

I didn't, prior to reading some of the comments in here. But now that I know Lady Gaga had paranormal experiences I'm totally on board. There is, of course, no person
on the planet whose words could possibly be any more believable.

I give up ...

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Black_Raven
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @Black_Raven:
   "
Sounds to me like she's trying to get some attention, sell more albums.
obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By obcdexter
@Black_Raven said:

" @HitmanAgent47 said:

" @Black_Raven:

"
Sounds to me like she's trying to get some attention, sell more albums. "
Hm, do you have YouTube videos to back your opinion up?
thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By thebatmobile

Haha, no?

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By c1337us

No.

Jeknod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jeknod
@BeachThunder said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" No, because there is no proof. "
You win! Here, have some cookie,

No Caption Provided
"
I swear that cookie has a face and is smirking at me... :O "
Quite clearly, it's possessed.
krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By krazy_kyle
@buzz_clik: 
apparently energy can get left behind as some rocks can record energy and it gets released. sort of like someone playing a tape and rewinding it over and over, creating a residual haunting. Limestone and granite are the only ones i know of.
krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By krazy_kyle
@HitmanAgent47:
If it came from someone genuine maybe it would be more believeable to me. but because its lady gaga, shes wierd anyway so she would come off with something like this just for fame. (Dont get me wrong i still believe in ghosts lol)
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@krazy_kyle: what about beyonce knowles? She turned into sasha fierce, her husband is part of the illuminati or influenced by it which is a satanist secret society. In her videos just like lady gaga, this other side has taken over, changing her and began using satanic symbols in her videos and appearance. It's not just lada gaga, this has happened to alot of ppl, they often times I think try to talk to mediums communicating with evil spirits in exchange for power. 

Also the video music awards was one big free mason ritual. There is something really occult about all of this.

Well here is rihanna saying the same thing, it's a phenomenon. 

spaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By spaded

no, 21 years old, seen people die seen people being born, been around both life and death, they only thing called a ghost is the memory of the person, i feel saying they are now a ghost is a bit disrespectful, 

skavanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By skavanker

What you have to ask yourself is. If there is a God (creator of the universe) is it omnipotent (unlimited power) or/and omnipresent (being present everywhere at once) if not whats the point in calling he/she/it God. My conclusion is there is no God.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Nekroskop
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @krazy_kyle: what about beyonce knowles? She turned into sasha fierce, her husband is part of the illuminati or influenced by it which is a satanist secret society. In her videos just like lady gaga, this other side has taken over, changing her and began using satanic symbols in her videos and appearance. It's not just lada gaga, this has happened to alot of ppl, they often times I think try to talk to mediums communicating with evil spirits in exchange for power. 

Also the video music awards was one big free mason ritual. There is something really occult about all of this.

Well here is rihanna saying the same thing, it's a phenomenon. 

"
Oh   HitmanAgent47 , U so crazy! 
Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Christoffer

I heard (or read) something by someone (could be Douglas Adams) who said something like this. Can't really remeber the exact words and I may have changed it a bit: 

Life is a product of your bodily functions and senses. Like speed is the product of a moving car. You can't question what happens to the speed when the car breaks down. And you can't question what happens to life when the body breaks down. It's not being produced anymore. It's gone.

It's may sound harsh and skeptic. But it's the only explanation I can really understand and believe. So I don't believe in ghosts.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I do believe in ghosts, but I do not believe that the existence or nature ghosts is related in any way to God(s).

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By penguindust

If there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say...now, tell'em about the Twinkie.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@apoptosis61 said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
can say this for religions too :P "
Exactly.
nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By nickux

No, I don't believe in ghosts or an afterlife or anything really paranormal. I think a lot of people like to believe in ghosts because it's more for entertainment purposes- it's fun to be scared kinda thing. As for an afterlife, it just doesn't make sense to me. Nothing happens- what has happened while people were alive to make them think there is something other than just being dead? My sister and I always debate this. She's not even religious yet she still thinks there's an afterlife. 

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

No. When you're dead there's just a body in the ground.

Or not, if you're not buried.

Synchronatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Synchronatic

Nope.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By iam3green

yes, i believe in ghost. my friend's house is haunted from like the ex owners grandfather or something like that.  one halloween my friend and i used my juigiboard and talked to a guy named george. we didn't know him and my friend asked his mom. we found out it was ex owners father or grandfather.

here is my blog on my friend's house.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I believe in ghosts, or spirits, or whatever you want to call them based on some disturbing experiences my mom and grandma had in a house they used to live in.  Everything about that house and the woods behind it was messed up...
DiscoDuck8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DiscoDuck8k

I'm inclined to say no, but I've actually had some weird experiences I'd rather not think about.

Nothing in the last several years though, so I honestly don't know.

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By tsolless

Absolutely not. 

When you die your body functions cease, your brain activity ebbs off, and you begin to decompose. 

There is no mechanism for some sort of ambiguous energy to remain behind.

@iam3green said:

" yes, i believe in ghost. my friend's house is haunted from like the ex owners grandfather or something like that.  one halloween my friend and i used my juigiboard and talked to a guy named george. we didn't know him and my friend asked his mom. we found out it was ex owners father or grandfather.

here is my blog on my friend's house. "

Ouija baords have been studied immensely and science can explain it quite handily without the need for psychobabble. 
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_effect 
It is the ideomotor effect. The only thing you are "communicating" with is your subconscious. 

Also: "father or grandfather"? Which was it? Doesn't sound that convincing.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@iam3green: highly not recommended you talk to hostile spirits like that. I belive your story, now your going to get more paranormal stuff happening.

yeah the problem happens when you have like three ppl using that ouiji board, now it's three different subconcious with different thoughts. Lots of videos on youtube shows ppl getting attacked using that quiji board getting possessed or so they claim, I don't recommend it. Look science can explain if one person uses it, not three or more. I know my theories are going to be dismissed by athesist, however I just want to put the information out there for others to read. We are talking about the occult and if you don't belive me it works, just try it yourself with your friends, it actually works.

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By tsolless

Again, the ideomotor effect. Yes, it works, if working means that it spells things out to "answer" a question without you being consciously aware of it.

And of course studies have been done on groups of multiple people.

Try this out the next time you have a board. Have a friend (or two) and blindfold them. When blindfolded, twist the board upside down. They must not know that the board isn't the same now. Viola.

edit: Atheists are not  the only ones with the slightest sense of skepticism and scientific knowledge. Sure, I am an agnostic atheist but "we're" not the only ones who don't believe in Ouija boards and ghosts.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Science is just an explaination to not belive in the occult. Like I said on youtube ppl gets possessed when they do this, what part of ideomotor effect is this? Let me guess science says they are faking the possession right? I belive a bit in the occult, I don't condone it, I studied it and know that world leaders part of the illuminati partake in demon possession rituals before going into power, you can dismiss that with the skull and bones secret societies and free masonary as posted above. How does science explain paranomal sounds ppl hears around their house when they do this? It's just their imagination? Just keep telling yourself that, or infact, directly try to ask for a demon, that's the best way to get the most out of it and attack the skeptic right out of you. Of course this is my perspective, if you have videos showing me the research i'll gladly watch it. I am researching all the conspiracy theories in the world, paranormal, occult and religion. The idea of religion doesn't not make me dismiss anything, I do have religious belifs and won't shut my mind off at the possibility of spirtual phenomenon or the paranormal. I will listen and consider the information.

Well anyways here is my evidence to the phenomenon.  

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By tsolless
@HitmanAgent47: It is impossible to take you seriously or to even discuss this rationally with you when you insist on using youtube as the only source for information about Ouija boards. I linked you a Wikipedia article. If you have any honest scientific curiosity then you can open that up, browse through it and open the linked studies and journals on the page and increase your knowledge. Or you can muck about in pseudo-scientific nonsense and believe in shape shifting lizard men who control western society.
SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#81  Edited By SumDeus

What reason do I have to believe they exist?

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@tsolless: Show me your linked studies, i'll read it. Don't blame it on me just because your anti religion like everyone else here. That's your problem. I am honestly interested how three ppl can subconciously create some sort of answer, I really am since you said that's part of the study. Wiki only showed how one person can get those results, I want to know how three ppl will get those results. 

Look your the first person on this site who counter my arguement with a link to evidence (much respect), sure that explains only a part of it for one person. How does the testomony of someone who is in this thread saying he had hauntings a thousands of others who made the same claim around the world messing with that board. I heard this pattern over and over from countless stories, is their testimony not credible? Is their testimony something to be discarded for those who are anti religion? I want to look into it, I give you credit for having evidence to your claims which i'm suprised because all I got was, once you mentioned religion, i'm not listening anymore or I just don't belive it, that is my evidence.  

I am just posting patterns, three is a pattern, not a conincidence, rather a phenomenon. I can prove a pattern, that's good enough because there is indeed a pattern and that means something, which means it's not a conincidence. It shouldn't be outright dismissed because of the world religion or spirits, what sort of objectivity is that? Science demands evidence and I did post a few of the evidence or patterns. Science doesn't explain why we are on earth, evolution is just a theory, why some ppl sees ghost, we have glowing orbs floating in the sky that others thinks is a ufo spaceship, when I think it's spirits. it's all theories with science and limited evidence. I don't deal in speculation, I look for evidence. I hope we aren't enemies after this. I acknowledge you were the first one who effective bring evidence to your claims I read it, however it doesn't really give a full explanation beyond a shadow of a doubt. My illuminati theories at least has evidence from architecture from certain demonic symbols you can't deny. Yet when I said demonic, everything is ignored because it deals with spirtuality. I like the bible's theories and other theories better because it's just as substantial as the theory of evolution or other theories. I mean sleep paraylisis is their explaination for demonic possesion when ppl sleep, I just think I should look into the science and into the patterns to get a more complete picture. I can't tell you what to think, however no one can tell me i'm not allowed to look for spirtual phenomen either or their occult explainations. 

Lastly youtube, yes i've hear that from other atheist, why youtube, I show ppl who only belives what they see, I show it in front of them and if they are denying it without even believing it or even at least considering it, they are obviously anti religious. I don't belive science and conspircy theorist are all that different, they both use theories for explainations, they try to find evidence to support it, yet one of them is supported by the government, who I belive is illuminati, who knows what their agenda is. Also science likes simple explainations that doesn't really explain the whole picture. I can't go ask paranormal investagators to borrow their videos, or send it to me so i'll upload it somewhere to be credible, I have youtube which streamlines that. It shows patterns at least and offers explainations, one is funded by the government, the other isn't. 

Here is a video the about demonic possession, it's interesting because no one could recreate the video or explain it properly. It's right in front of you, yet you'll try to dig deep in science with absolutely nothing, anyways to keep being an atheist. I just want to add that maybe some ppl could be possessed using a ouiji board among other things, which I talked about satanic rituals world leaders subscribe to or ppl in the music industry, right in front of you. That's the explaination, the evidence is here, also the pattern. I will be using an explaination, evidence and patterns from now on. I mean scientist can't explain ufos or ghost, so they pretend it doesn't exist. It's not good enough to me. They didn't even try to use evidence, they just dismissed it outright.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Emilio
@Bucketdeth said:
" I don't see how there can be a life after death, I would love to be proved wrong but I think humans have wanted something after life so bad they created religion to mask the fact that they will be nothing someday and to create a false hope within themselves of a "Heaven" they will go to when they die. "
You don't need religion to believe in or think of life after death.

To OPs question: Ghosts are from the 4th Dimension. 

Same with Youfos.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Emilio said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" I don't see how there can be a life after death, I would love to be proved wrong but I think humans have wanted something after life so bad they created religion to mask the fact that they will be nothing someday and to create a false hope within themselves of a "Heaven" they will go to when they die. "
You don't need religion to believe in or think of life after death. To OPs question: Ghosts are from the 4th Dimension.  Same with Youfos. "
That is true but most people flock to religion in hopes to find a way to live their life a little easier knowing that they will someday have something after they pass away, thats the only reason religion was made to make sure people lived their lives as good people and to say you know what if your a good boy/girl your going to an awesome place when you die. 

I'd love for there to be a place when we die, a happy place and not just rot in the ground and I won't know anything until that day comes.
CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By CoverlessTech
@FluxWaveZ said:
No proof does not imply the opposite. I can just as easily say Yes, because there is no proof that there isn't.

The only real answer is no one knows; just a people who want to believe and people who don't/won't. 

Not having evidence is not a reason to not believe. You can choose not to believe but don't base that belief on lack of proof, that is not how the scientific method works.
Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Semition

@CoverlessTech said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

No proof does not imply the opposite. I can just as easily say Yes, because there is no proof that there isn't.  The only real answer is no one knows; just a people who want to believe and people who don't/won't.   Not having evidence is not a reason to not believe. You can choose not to believe but don't base that belief on lack of proof, that is not how the scientific method works. "
I think you've been seeing too many "missing link" arguments.

The neutral position of someone without evidence is to not believe. Because there is pretty much no way you can prove something doesn't exist.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#87  Edited By natetodamax

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MrKlorox

I believe in the possibility of extradimensional beings, which may or may not fit in that category. But demons and angels and shit is just plain retarded.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By CoverlessTech
@Semition said:

"   @CoverlessTech said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

No proof does not imply the opposite. I can just as easily say Yes, because there is no proof that there isn't.  The only real answer is no one knows; just a people who want to believe and people who don't/won't.   Not having evidence is not a reason to not believe. You can choose not to believe but don't base that belief on lack of proof, that is not how the scientific method works. "
I think you've been seeing too many "missing link" arguments. The neutral position of someone without evidence is to not believe. Because there is pretty much no way you can prove something doesn't exist. "
No, that is an ignorant way to look at things. What if the accepted fact was that there was life after death and I told you there wasn't? I would have no proof of this so you would dismiss it and continue assuming what your original believed (a belief with no basis just like the one I tried to convince you of). Both are flawed. Just like you said,  there is pretty much no way you can prove something doesn't exist. So the accepted fact is that there is an afterlife and there is no way you can prove that it doesn't exist. See what I did there? The same thing people who are saying it doesn't exist are doing.

The scientific method does not assume anything. It uses theories and evidence to come to a conclusion. As far as ghosts, afterlives, aliens and gods are concerned there is no solid evidence on either side(believers and non-believers) so there is no universally accepted conclusion. That is how a scientific mind would look at these subjects, anyone who picks a side believes in faith and not science.
fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By fentonalpha

You sure are a happy bunch GB. 

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By fentonalpha
@BeachThunder said:

" @NekuSakuraba said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:
You win! Here, have some cookie,

No Caption Provided
"
I swear that cookie has a face and is smirking at me... :O "
I see it.... i don't know if anyone else experiences this but whenever i look at a pattern i always...ALWAYS see a face... the mood of the face depends on my mood.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@CoverlessTech said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
What?  No proof does not mean that you should take a neutral stance, it means that there's no proof of its existence.  Since the thought of ghosts is not in the least bit logical and has no scientific precedent, then it's only logical to believe that they don't exist.  It would not be logical to believe in their existence as there is no proof to support your stance, but it would be logical to say that they don't exist because the proof is that thereis no proof.
Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#93  Edited By Cirdain

Are you dumb?

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By DrPockets000
@HitmanAgent47: I respect your opinion, but youtube never has and never will be a credible source of information.
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By tmthomsen
@HitmanAgent47 said:

Lastly youtube, yes i've hear that from other atheist, why youtube, I show ppl who only belives what they see, I show it in front of them and if they are denying it without even believing it or even at least considering it, they are obviously anti religious 

So if I show you a youtube video of me flying, you'll be an atheist for not believing it? 
The thing is, people are easily fooled. You and me both. However, when it comes to claims of the paranormal in the form of the youtube videos you presented, I take a rational standpoint and ask myself why I should believe it. Why do you believe it? I think the simple answer would be that you simply want to. You have already shown that you are fascinated by the paranormal and conspiracy theories, and that enthusiasm alone might be enough to convince you.

I'd really recommend you watch " Derren Brown - Séance".

Edit: Just re-read one of your paragraphs.

I like the bible's theories and other theories better because it's just as substantial as the theory of evolution or other theories.

How can you say that the Bible is just as substantial as the theory of evolution?
louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By louiedog

I wonder how many people in this thread were convinced, directly or indirectly, about the existence of ghosts by people like the three who were exposed in the below video. 

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By CoverlessTech
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @CoverlessTech said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
What?  No proof does not mean that you should take a neutral stance, it means that there's no proof of its existence.  Since the thought of ghosts is not in the least bit logical and has no scientific precedent, then it's only logical to believe that they don't exist.  It would not be logical to believe in their existence as there is no proof to support your stance, but it would be logical to say that they don't exist because the proof is that thereis no proof. "
You have just contradicted yourself. Again, lack of proof does not imply the opposite.

Lets look at the contra-positive of your example:

It would not be logical to say that they don't exists as there is no proof that they don't, but it would be logical to say they do because the proof is that there is no proof that they don't.

It's the same thing. It doesn't make any logical sense. 

Lets take two theories, call them X and Y. There is no evidence to support either. Do you conclude X is true? Y? Both? Only those who believe in faith will pick one, those who believe in science will not take a stance simply because there is no evidence.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@CoverlessTech: Dude, ghosts have no scientific explanation behind them.  There is no scientific explanation that could explain there existence.  If it's not illogical to believe that ghosts exist because there's no proof, then it must not be illogical to believe in the existence of vampires/werewolves, immortal humans, super powers, flying people, talking hamsters and trees that can walk because there's no proof that says they don't exist, right?  Please, there's a reason logic exists, and it's to dictate what's possible and what is not.  Until there's irrefutable proof that ghosts exist, the very principle of logic dictates that the existence of ghosts is an impossibility.

[EDIT] And those who believe in science, such as I, will say that they don't exist and won't take a neutral stance as, if they did, they would not believe in science but they'd be philosophists because then they would have faith on subjective basis of absolutely anything they thought could be possible and that there would be no proof against their non-existence.  You won't find a person of science claiming that an invisible world built in a cloud exists and claim that it could exist because there's no proof that it doesn't.
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By tmthomsen
@CoverlessTech said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @CoverlessTech said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
What?  No proof does not mean that you should take a neutral stance, it means that there's no proof of its existence.  Since the thought of ghosts is not in the least bit logical and has no scientific precedent, then it's only logical to believe that they don't exist.  It would not be logical to believe in their existence as there is no proof to support your stance, but it would be logical to say that they don't exist because the proof is that thereis no proof. "
You have just contradicted yourself. Again, lack of proof does not imply the opposite.  Lets look at the contra-positive of your example:  It would not be logical to say that they don't exists as there is no proof that they don't, but it would be logical to say they do because the proof is that there is no proof that they don't.It's the same thing. It doesn't make any logical sense.   Lets take two theories, call them X and Y. There is no evidence to support either. Do you conclude X is true? Y? Both? Only those who believe in faith will pick one, those who believe in science will not take a stance simply because there is no evidence. "
What are you rambling about? You want us to prove a negative?

Fact: There is no proof of the paranormal.
You claim that there is/might be.

Therefore the burden of proof is on you. Show us why we should believe it.
Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything which requires human witness as evidence for its existence is a waste of time. No, i don't believe in this crap because i have never experienced it (and i never will because i don't believe in it). People are capable of seeing whatever they want (and invent reasoning for it), no matter how illogical.