Do you like Watch Dogs. Or do you hate it. Why?

tahirdhudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This thread is about Watch Dogs. You guys tell if you like it or hate it. Why you like it or why you hate it.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Ezekiel

I think it's convoluted. Ubisoft puts too many mediocre features in their games. I couldn't figure out what to do the last time I played it and I didn't care enough to find out. The controls aren't very good, from what I remember. A gridded city is also one of the most boring ways to design your game. Also, the main character dresses like a douche. I was happy when I learned that there are alternate clothes, but then disappointed to see that they're just differently colored.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Never heard of it.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can't even form an opinion - I won a copy from one awesome Giant Bomb user and I can't fucking play it, because the PC port is so busted that it fails to run properly on a rig that somehow runs Alien: Isolation, Ground Zeroes and a bunch of other good looking shit with no hiccups.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I didn't hate it, but I simply didn't enjoy it, I found myself largely indifferent to the game. Aiden is also a pretty awful protagonist.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I had a really good time with it. I think the game was so hyped up that it was doomed to be judged harshly. In the end it was a solid game, and I think it did a better job with integrating stealth into an open world than it got credit for. It was a far better pastiche of GTA than Shadow of Mordor was of AC.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much forgot about it. So that sums up my feelings pretty about that game well.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ShaggE

It was a ton of fun. Especially the multiplayer. It was a disappointment compared to the early reveals, and it felt really barren and featureless compared to its peers, but I still enjoyed it.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Firstly, I think it helped that I played through the game while completely ignoring the side stuff. I just mainlined the story, and I thought the story was good. I thought the characters and their interplay with each other was really well done, and I thought Aiden was totally fine. Plus, as an uncle, I thought that the angle to the revenge storyline was more effective than I expected. It didn't look as good as the initial reveal did, but outside of that, I thought it was a solid game. Not perfect, but I think a sequel could be great.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't really hate it, but didn't really like it either. Likely sequel should pretty much improve on every aspect to be more appealing.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I enjoyed it. It was a fun game, though I didn't find the story particularly engaging and Aiden was anything but a compelling main character. I guess that's what happens when your main character is basically Hacker Batman and I already hated Batman to begin with, so I can't really fault them for that. Jordi was fun, though, and in a better world he'd probably win the "Character we'd most like to party with" award this year. I never finished the game, kinda got bored and frustrated with it, but that's almost entirely due to the fact that modern day cities are not fun environments to traverse 90 percent of the time. There's nothing that kills my enthusiasm more than making a turn towards the mission marker and realizing that I need to drive backwards half a mile and get on the overpass to actually get where I'm trying to go. Give me a super-jump or a grappling hook or more convenient fast travel, something! Modern cities and roads are a congested, disgusting yarn-ball of paths that make pretty much any game set in the present/near future a pain in the ass for me.

But there is that one Digital Trip that lets you play as a Tachikoma. That was totally worth the entire price of the game.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It was a bad open world game and even tho its more grand and ambitious AC: Unity followed the same standards they set up with Watch Dogs. as Alex describes it someone just puked on the minimap.

I really hope they make an U turn for the next year.

eliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I really liked it.
It's not great , but it is good.

Most of it has to do with the game getting bashed on by people, so I played it with an open mind and enjoyed myself.
The stealth aspect was pretty solid, visuals were pretty good, the world felt authentic and alive, story was forgettable sure, playing hide & seek with people online was also kind of neat.

This is one of the games that reminded me not to judge something until I tried it myself, or to take internet common opinions as fact.

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Rincewind

It was 2 cool ideas stretched out to make a game. I want to see them make the sequel as big of a leap as AC2 was to AC1.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I really liked it.

It's not great , but it is good.

Most of it has to do with the game getting bashed on by people, so I played it with an open mind and enjoyed myself.

The stealth aspect was pretty solid, visuals were pretty good, the world felt authentic and alive, story was forgettable sure, playing hide & seek with people online was also kind of neat.

This is one of the games that reminded me not to judge something until I tried it myself, or to take internet common opinions as fact.

For sure, other people's opinions can be helpful, but ultimately if you're interested in a game and can afford it you're probably best off giving it a shot for yourself to see if you like it.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought that it was a solid game.i didnt regret buying it for the time i spent with it, however i didnt keep it in my collection because it wasnt good enough for that either.so overall solid game that is exactly like the first assassins creed where it was ok,and then was later turned into something awesome in later sequels.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I think the core gameplay, especially the stealth, is quite good. It's unfortunate that the story is bland and the characters are generally unlikable.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

I think it's convoluted. Ubisoft puts too many mediocre features in their games. I couldn't figure out what to do the last time I played it and I didn't care enough to find out. The controls aren't very good, from what I remember. A gridded city is also one of the most boring ways to design your game. Also, the main character dresses like a douche. I was happy when I learned that there are alternate clothes, but then disappointed to see that they're just differently colored.

I enjoyed it. It was a fun game, though I didn't find the story particularly engaging and Aiden was anything but a compelling main character. I guess that's what happens when your main character is basically Hacker Batman and I already hated Batman to begin with, so I can't really fault them for that. Jordi was fun, though, and in a better world he'd probably win the "Character we'd most like to party with" award this year. I never finished the game, kinda got bored and frustrated with it, but that's almost entirely due to the fact that modern day cities are not fun environments to traverse 90 percent of the time. There's nothing that kills my enthusiasm more than making a turn towards the mission marker and realizing that I need to drive backwards half a mile and get on the overpass to actually get where I'm trying to go. Give me a super-jump or a grappling hook or more convenient fast travel, something! Modern cities and roads are a congested, disgusting yarn-ball of paths that make pretty much any game set in the present/near future a pain in the ass for me.

These (Except with a little less Batman-hate).

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Jeust

I liked the game a lot, except at the end where it becomes an all too apparent mess. Being hailed as a hero, when you act a lot of times as a selfish dick, and having a chance to spare someone when in the rest of the story you killed everyone or saw them die, appart from a certain someone. It left a bad aftertaste, but the rest of the game itself I found to be very enjoyable in gameplay and background.