• 54 results
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By recroulette

I've been doing some cleaning, and I came across many special edition boxes of games, but I have also come across my 3DS, Vita, 360, and Wii box.  

I'm not sure why I saved them, and I plan to throw them out, do you throw away the boxes your consoles came in right away? Or do you save them for later?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Yes. I still have an Xbox 360 box, a DS box, a PSP box, and my old PS2 box which I sold to Gamestop. I kept them with the thought that I might want to sell the consoles or preserve them someday.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By darkvare

i keep them i still have the n64 and cube boxes i had to throw away the ps3 box though cause the house flooded a little an it got damaged badly

Seastalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seastalk

As a collector... I keep all of the consoles that I own in the original boxes/packaging. I thinking throwing them out is completely ridiculous and will be something that you regret should you choose to sell them at a later date.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yup. Have all my console boxes still. Never know when I'm moving and i need the perfect size box.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zonikjj

I throw out the boxes pretty quickly. As long as I can tell the console works correctly, the box is usually gone by the end of the week. Empty boxes (even in storage) leave too big of a footprint.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sooty

I tend to only keep boxes of things that are large enough to be problematic to store or return without a box, such as my TV.

I'll keep a box of a console if I have space but it'll purely be in case I want to sell it later on.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JasonR86

For some dumb reason I have all of my old console boxes. I even have my old Colecovision box. But I guess that has a Colecovision in it so there's that.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Vonocourt

Nothing older than my PS3 box, kept by Gameboy Pocket/Advance boxes around up until a few years ago though.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By jmood88

I throw them away; I have enough things taking up space to waste it on empty boxes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have my xbox console box because I bought it only a few months ago and its big enough to store other things if need be. I also have my ds box just because it still has all the extras inside in case I need them.. Or to sell it back to whomever. I notices sites like estarland pay more for used items if the box is included.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BBQBram

I keep my console boxes, they're handy to have around when moving. I've lived in four different places in the last five years and I like to transport the consoles in their original boxes complete with the cables and manual and stuff. I'm a bit OCD that way. I also think they're cool looking.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlexW00d

I have all the boxes from my PC components stored in the huge ass box my case came in. I also have my PS3 box for some reason. I should probably take that out to the recycling bin.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I keep all by console boxes.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By AndrewB

I still save pretty much everything I've bought new, in case I ever want to sell it. Stuff just sells for more if it's in the original box, and I have the space to store stuff and forget about it for years to come.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By beargirl1

yep i keep em. in fact, i use my Xbox 360 box as a night stand. it was originally a temporary night table from when i first moved but i guess i just didn't bother to change it

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Harkat

Sadly, yes.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uhtaree

My cable box is propped up with an N64 box to get it over the line of sight of the coffee table for the remote until I get a real entertainment center-y thing. Everytime I see that bad boy I think "NINTENDO 64!!"

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I toss my boxes

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kgb0515

Uhhhh....yes. I don't know why I do it, but I always tell myself to keep them in case I move, which I do frequently. I think I'be burned through enough Xbox 360s to get rid of the old boxes though. Stupid RRD.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By mosespippy

I still have my PS2, PSP and 2 PS3 boxes. I keep them because I know that at some point the system will end up in storage. It's just easier if it's in a package that is easily stackable and is labeled properly. I got my laptop box, monitor box and TV box too, along with the polystyrene foam that goes with them.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By crusader8463

My 360 is never played, so it's been kept in the box it came in for years now. I just recently dusted it off to play because I got a couple games I couldn't find the PS3 versions of. If I hadn't have kept the box to keep it stored in I know I never would have been able to find everything I needed to get it hooked up again.

However, this next generation will be my first transition where I will no longer need to sell the old ones to buy the new ones as I am now an adult with a job who can afford them and not need to save for a year or two like when I was a kid. So this transition will be the first time that I will still have them sitting around and with three more on the way I think I'm going to be running out of space. I really hope they are all 100% backwards compatible, I know they won't be, that way I can keep all my games and just get rid of the consoles and not need to worry about finding space for six consoles plus my PC in the same tiny room. I also hope that they finally get around to catching up to the PC from like six plus years ago and this time around I can just buy my games online and not have to deal with shelves full of game boxes.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By DeF

Even if it's just the empty box -> try selling it on eBay if you wanna get rid of them! Especially when it's an older system.

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Matterless

I save empty everything boxes. It's sort of a problem.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#25  Edited By D_W

Yes! Of course! The reason is simple. When I was younger I used to bring my consoles with me if I went on vacation (to like my Grandma's or Aunt's house etc), and having the box meant I could pack it up safely. I still do this.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I just cleaned out my closet last weekend and threw away two Xbox 360 boxes, so now I have no console boxes.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep them and use them for storage so they're not completely useless in taking up space.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By freakin9

it seems like everyone's a hoarder on some level.

I have no idea why I don't throw out or sell half of the things I have.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#29  Edited By Slag

no good reason to other than I look to look at them occasionally, but I do

however boxes for everything else (TV's, computers etc) I just chuck with abandon if there is no warranty restriction.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By chrissedoff

I still have my GameCube box in my house. I also have my PS3 and Wii boxes, but I don't know if I have the one for my 360.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By JJOR64

Yeah, I do.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#32  Edited By SMTDante89

I used to, had a few boxes for nearly a decade but they were taking up quite a bit of space and so, after thinking on it for some time, finally decided to throw them out. Now I'll keep some boxes around for a few months, but eventually they will either be thrown out outright or will hold some things that will eventually be thrown out as we try to clean up around the house.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HerbieBug

Always.  Consoles are in a grey area of size and shape to be just slightly the wrong size for any type of generic moving box.   I also keep the big rectangular box for my tv, same purpose. 

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Aaron_G

Yeah, I do. I save all my boxes for everything. It's like I know I don't really need them, but I would rather save them for no reason than throw them away.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By VierasTalo

No, as I don't have the closet space, but I wish I did. I always get so nostalgic when I see the original packaging of a last-gen console somewhere.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I kept my 360 box fr a really long time, because I didn't have a carrying case and regularly traveled back and forth between houses.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By donkeycow

Yes. It's my secret shame.... DONT LOOK AT ME!

shermanatorek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shermanatorek

Yes, I just loooove them boxes.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By rentfn

Yes...and I just moved into a house and they came in extra handy.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By nintendoeats

I have a closet which really should be used for other things.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ShaggE

@Degringolade said:

I save empty everything boxes. It's sort of a problem.

Same here. *looks over at stupidly large DJ Hero 2 and Rock Band 3 Keyboard boxes, sighs*

Pox22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pox22

I used to keep the boxes for all electronics I bought/received. Then I realized it was a lot of wasted space in my closet. Now I only keep the boxes of ones I still have and use, so that moving and storing them isn't a hassle.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#43  Edited By irrelevantjohn

I keep my boxes for two reasons:

1) Incase I want to sell my console

2) Put my console away when I retire it. I know the boxes are big but you can put them away easily if they are in a box than jamming it in some random bin.

Not sure that I will keep my current Xbox 360 though... I remember not using my console for 1 month and when I turned it on it gave me two red lights as punishment. might buy the new one near the end of its life cycle.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By dichemstys

I saved my Dreamcast box for a while when I got it about three months ago. Just threw it away. My Xbox 360 box hung around for quite a while too.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#45  Edited By pyromagnestir

I do. Except for the box for my first PS3, which for the life of me I couldn't find when I was trying to sell it after I got my second PS3. When I couldn't find it I just decided, fuck it I'll keep 'em both!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kindgineer

Yes, because I don't immediately think about reselling everything I own. Also, it's a waste of space unless you're a collector.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#47  Edited By InfiniteSpark

Yup, at least I try to. I still have the X-Box 360 and PS3 box consoles. They've been useful whenever I play keyboards on Rock Band 3 sitting down.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By Blannir

I do, my PS3 box is sitting beside my TV in fact.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Clonedzero

i kept my xbpx bpx fpr awhile since i was always transporting it, but i dont have it anymore and havent had to move it in awhile so. no i dont have the box anymore.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By Commisar123

I keep em for like a week and then toss them. they just take up too much space in my house.