Do you try to do things in games you can't, due to another game?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Here is an example.

I've been playing Far Cry 3 for a while now, spent 20 hours in that game. I beat it yesterday and am happy to leave it. I am now free to play the Borderlands Tourge DLC, I haven't touched Borderlands 2 since October. Not only did I find it hard to control at first, but I kept trying to stealth kill a guy from behind and even tried to loot some people before I realised "Oh right"

Does anybody else do this?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SSully

Around when I was playing borderlands 2 I was watching my brother play Skyrim one night. He left to answer a phone call and I took over. First thing I did was jump off a cliff because I found it to be the fastest route(since that is how I travel in borderlands 2). Well Skyrim has fall damage, unlike borderlands, so I died.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

i don't know if this counts, but during my time with Ninja Gaiden 3, i was constantly holding down the Y button to charge up attacks like in the previous games, but always forgot that they removed proper Ultimate Techniques from the game.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

I played Far Cry 3 right after finishing Dishonored and instinctively tried to climb buildings by pressing A.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By jsnyder82

I always think that in first person games, you can run and jump at the same time. But apparently that is not always the case.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Playing the original Fallout after playing Fallout 3 and asking myself "where's the VATS button?".

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Flappy

After going back to Jet Grind Radio on the VITA, I was thoroughly disappointed by the lack of...freedom? I dunno, but I think it is impossible to go backwards from Jet Set Radio Future and enjoy yourself.

xpogox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By xpogox

I remember when I first logged onto FINAL FANTASY XI I tried to jump.....eeeeesh.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By UitDeToekomst

Yeah. It happens to me quite a bit because I missed a number of years worth of video games (roughly 2006-2009) when I did not have a console, and went back and played a lot of stuff that came out in that time period after playing lots of other games (sometimes sequels to prior games) from 2010, 2011.

Burrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Burrich

Well if we pretend that real life is a game, once when I was in secondary school (kinda like Highschool) I'd been playing lots of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. A guy got hurt playing football and I tried to press L1 and rewind time... was weird...

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By pr1mus

I keep entering cars from the left side in Sleeping Dogs. 20 hours in i got used to driving on the right side of the road but never to the driver's side being the right side too.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By vitor

@Icemael said:

I played Far Cry 3 right after finishing Dishonored and instinctively tried to climb buildings by pressing A.

That's not your fault, it's just the one system missing from FC3 that acts as a severe blemish on the game. I ALWAYS want to get my death from above on, but that's just not possible unless a hut has a ladder/conveniently placed tangle of rope....

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By captain_clayman

@Cold_Wolven said:

Playing the original Fallout after playing Fallout 3 and asking myself "where's the VATS button?".

I thought fallout 1 has VATS in it, at least some version of it.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By Barrabas

This only really happens to me when I'm switching between fighting games from the same series. For example, I remember when SFIV first came out I was going between it and SF2: HDR a lot. I could not stop myself from trying to dash and command throw in SF2.

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By razkazz

For a short time after Brink I caught myself trying to slide everywhere and climb every surface in other fps'. Regardless of your feelings on the game, that was a solid and brilliantly simple mechanic. It's amazing how naturally it worked in a competitive shooter.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#16  Edited By pyromagnestir

When playing 2 games that are simila, but different in a key way, in close progression then sure.

I played a bunch of old Tony Hawk games fairly recently and then tried to play some Aggressive Inline. That game has a trick system that's quite similar, but just different enough that I kept fucking up combos and stuff.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By musubi

@AjayRaz said:

i don't know if this counts, but during my time with Ninja Gaiden 3, i was constantly holding down the Y button to charge up attacks like in the previous games, but always forgot that they removed proper Ultimate Techniques from the game.

Ugh. Don't forget the wall moves too... Well...technically... wall moves are still there but they are fucking ineffective as shit.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Tylea002

@AjayRaz said:

Yeah, that game was a stickler for me too. One time I kept trying to have fun, but they'd completely removed that feature too. Really weirded me out.

Booooooooom.

cruxking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cruxking

any time i play any price of persia game i try to rewind every other game. it almost never works.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By ajamafalous
@pyromagnestir said:

When playing 2 games that are simila, but different in a key way, in close progression then sure.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Terramagi

@captain_clayman said:

@Cold_Wolven said:

I thought fallout 1 has VATS in it, at least some version of it.

It's technically nothing but "VATS".

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FrankieSpankie

I often get stuck trying to jump to platforms that I shouldn't be able to reach and then fall in a crevice or something and can't get out of it. It drives me nuts because it seems like you could do that a lot in older games but you can't really do it at all in newer games.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ravenlight

Any time I encounter a text parser, it gets XYZZY and PLUGH'd.

EAT SELF is also a fun one.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TyCobb

In Borderlands I am always trying to actually shoot some sort of object off a table. Damn Elder Scrolls and Max Payne ruined me with in world objects. I can't play a game without trying to shoot or hit stuff and Borderlands has always made me sad. 200 hours in the first one and I still try to do from time to time.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By flasaltine

@Cold_Wolven said:

Oh golly... Not only does Fallout 1/2 have VATS, it has a much better version of it.