Does anyone else find it a little ironic that Team Ninja has...

Eliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eliot

Been giving Microsoft no love lately? Recently the games that Team Ninja has developed are for Nintendo and Sony and in the future TN is making that DOA PSP game and they are working with Nintendo on Metroid: Other M on the Wii. I think it's kinda funny because I don't think the Team Ninja and the DOA series were nearly as famous until they started working for Xbox. Makes me wonder about DOA5. Has anyone else noticed this?
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

Not really.  The DOA series was doing fine before Itagaki began his love affair with Microsoft hardware.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Brendan

I'm sorry, I thought this might be more specifically Ninja Gaiden related, I'll see myself out.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

How's it ironic? They weren't exactly the most supportive third party. It's not like they were Bungie, a company bound to make games ONLY for Microsoft.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Team Ninja are a ubiquitous developer who started in the arcades with no loyalty to anyone.  Simple as that.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Itagaki is a tool. 

There, I said it.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I think the only one at Team Ninja was really in love with the idea of Microsoft was Itagaki. But I can see what you mean.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

I just remember Itagaki going on about how Team Ninja games would always be on "the most powerful hardware" to paraphrase and that's why they went with xbox. Whatever the most powerful one is... they're whoring all over now. Way to to Itagaki.

Avatar image for dogofthunder360
DogOfThunder360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By DogOfThunder360

Dead or Alive was a flagship franchise at the launch of the original Xbox and DoA 4 was there for the start of the 360, but beyond that, as others have mentioned, it's not like they were integral to Microsoft's game plan. They were not an in-house developer, like Bungie or even a 3rd party of huge importance like Epic. Due to the plummeting popularity of DoA, it's not even as dramatic as Square leaving Nintendo for Sony's Playstation. Just seems like a development team flexing their creative muscles with something different for a time. I'm sure if they do get around to DoA 5, or Jabootu forbid, DoA Extreme 3, they will be published for the 360. 

It's suicide to go single platform unless it's a quintuple-A game (Uncharted 2, Gears of War).

MrPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By MrPickles

I thought Itagaki left Team Ninja? Unless I'm terribly wrong, without him they don't have a reason to work with Microsoft anymore.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Itagaki was a massive Microsoft fanboy, it was the only reason they were given MS so much attention.
DoA5 will almost definitely be multiplatform.

And no where near as good without him.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By DragoonKain1687
@WinterSnowblind said:
" Itagaki was a massive Microsoft fanboy, it was the only reason they were given MS so much attention. DoA5 will almost definitely be multiplatform.  And no where near as good without him. "
This. 
Took the words out of my mouth
Itagaki was a clear fanboy of Microsoft. He even said so himself. Kind of like a Japanese Gabe Newell. He got into a quarrel with the producer of Sigma because he was making the game on the PS3, so you can imagine. Also, Itagaki was more focused on blood and guts, than quality, many of his teammates said so after he left, though it could have been just advertising for the PS3 edition of NG2.

I dont really care, besides from Ninja Gaiden, I think that all the others are meh games. DoA is not that great of a fighter, and like Tekken, has not evolved much. Only that Tekken had, and has the upper hand when it comes to 3D fighters.

Im looking forward  to Metroid Other M, mostly because its kind of a mix of old school Metroid and the old Ninja Gaiden games. We will have to wait.

But as for the DoA XX for PSP and DoA 5, I couldnt care less.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By JJOR64

Since Itagaki is gone now, hopefully Team Ninja will show love for all platforms now.  They are working with Nintendo to make the next Metriod game so they have some Nintendo love at the moment.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By penguindust
@MrPickles said:
" I thought Itagaki left Team Ninja? Unless I'm terribly wrong, without him they don't have a reason to work with Microsoft anymore. "
Itagaki left Tecmo-Koei over money and took quite a few of the development team with him.  Those guys have since reformed under the name Tokyo Vikings.  They haven't revealed what they are working on yet, but we know that they are doing something.  There has been no information so far that leads me to believe the game will be any type of Xbox exclusive. 
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By beargirl1
@Hailinel said:
" Not really.  The DOA series was doing fine before Itagaki began his love affair with Microsoft hardware. "
this 
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Slippy
@jakob187:  

A tool who created the greatest action game of all time. And then Hayashi went and made it better. Can't wait to see Itagaki's new 360 exclusive.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By Tireyo

1-Up for Nintendo and Sony, Poison Mushroom for Microsoft. Won't really hurt Microsoft though.