Does Farcry have the best mapmaker?

ThemasterJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ThemasterJay

Far cry has a very good mapmaker, it is probably the best mapmaker there is.
But is that what you think?
Leave a comment.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

for people who cant handle a real map editor yes

VoDrackus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VoDrackus

The map editor in Far Cry instincts predator for the 360 is the best one I've played with. Not sure if it's any different than the PC one or not.
The Far Cry 2 one looks to up it big time.

I've played with the jedi knight, Serious Sam, dungeion siege and Neverwinter Nights editors and they are not as good.

There is one game's editor that was pretty easy and I was able to create a lot of maps for.... after doing some searching I found it, and oddly enough Greg Kasavin reviewed it as well.
The game was called Sacrifice and was super easy to design maps for... but not as good as far cry

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_
Endogene said:
"for people who cant handle a real map editor yes"
For people who can't handle something like Unreal Editor, or any other full PC editor, yep. Just like the above guy said.

As for consoles, it beats the living shit out of the previous versions, and it beats the living AND dead shit out of Forge.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoG

Hey man, I appreciate you making topics for discussion, but this would be great in the Far Cry forum. Please use it in the future.

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ubergeist

It looks awesome. I loved the FarCry Instincts map maker.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Your Halo 3 and Far Cry topics are extremely similar... =P

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Jayge said:
"Endogene said:
For people who can't handle something like Unreal Editor, or any other full PC editor, yep. Just like the above guy said.

As for consoles, it beats the living shit out of the previous versions, and it beats the living AND dead shit out of Forge."
stop fucking bashing halo.  That's quite literally all ive ever seen you post about.  Forge is nothing like far cry's map editor.  Just fuck off.  You''re obviously some 12 year old who can't afford to get a 360.  Just shut the hell up.

Anyhow, yea, I   guess, as far as console map editors go.
Bob_Toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bob_Toeback

Delta force 2 had a pretty good one lol, you could edit the Ai so well, that you could make them with 360 degrees of vision.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Jordan23
I think it may have the best mapmaker and Far Cry has some great gameplay to go along with those maps.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crunchUK
Jayge said:
"Endogene said:

As for consoles, it beats the living shit out of the previous versions, and it beats the living AND dead shit out of Forge."
forge is in real time gameplay.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayge_
crunchUK said:
"Jayge said:
"Endogene said:

forge is in real time gameplay."
Which is a mistake, and a feature that Bungie has been moving away from progressively for quite some time.

SmugDarkLoser said:
"stop fucking bashing halo.  That's quite literally all ive ever seen you post about.  Forge is nothing like far cry's map editor.  Just fuck off.  You''re obviously some 12 year old who can't afford to get a 360.  Just shut the hell up.

Anyhow, yea, I   guess, as far as console map editors go."

Nice try, but I actually have a 360, and could buy 5 more tomorrow if I felt like it. You fail. Get off my nuts.
MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

For a console, perhaps, for a pc, no.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422
Endogene said:
yeah , exactly. Its gonna be awesome, and set up so just about anyone can make the best map currently possible on a console. On a PC better will come from true map makers though.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayge_

I think the best feature is that it looks just plain fun to use, which differentiates itself further from PC editors XD

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422
Jayge said:
"Endogene said:

true in every way, it makes Forge's attempt at even being considered as a 'map editor' cry in a corner and cut itself, definitely best thing for consoles. But yeah the PC modders will do far better.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pause422
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Jayge said:
"Endogene said:

stop fucking bashing halo.  That's quite literally all ive ever seen you post about.  Forge is nothing like far cry's map editor.  Just fuck off.  You''re obviously some 12 year old who can't afford to get a 360.  Just shut the hell up.

of course you would come in and start bitching. What do you think Farcry 2's map editor is going to get compared to on the consoles? since forge is the only thing similar to one in this gen of consoles that is somewhat useful, and even you admit it after your pointless rant, its better, because it is by fact..soon as you see the first demonstration. And Its a multiplatform game, I doubt hes a 12 year old who doesn't have a 360 and has never played halo, because almost everyone has one , and has played it, then bases their opinion on it, sorry it didn't shun out as many fanboys as yourself, but different people have different preferences and opinion, and are willing to call out a game in general, or 'map editor(embarassingly named I might add) that is mediocre.
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By DARKIDO07
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Jayge said:
"Endogene said:

A, what the hell was that? Forge is nothing like Far Cry's map editor, granted Forge is cool but when you compare it Far Cry's editor its shit, Also if Jayge can't afford a Xbox 360 how can he afford a computer and internet? Think about that....
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pause422
Jayge said:
"I think the best feature is that it looks just plain fun to use, which differentiates itself further from PC editors XD"
yea, the second I get the game I'm just gonna mess with the map editor, it looks sooo damn fun. Then I'm gonna do some night raids on camps!