Does Giantbomb have enough content to satisfy you?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By lordofultima

Giantbomb has the best content, who would come here exclusively for news and reviews...it just seems silly since 10,000 other websites report and review the exact same thing, with likely similar results. I come here for the crazy, stay for the hotdog toaster.

deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By deadmonkeys

Let me get on my knees here...

I love Giantbomb and all the awesome they pump into the internet :)
I came over from 1up after the Hearst thing, and although I was shocked by the comparatively sparse number of updates, it was much more comfortable after I settled in. Quality over quantity is the rule here (except for those transformers videos... fucking torso-cycle), and the crazy nonsense these guys come up with never fails to put a smile on my face!

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By auspiciousqueue

It has enough to keep me coming back. I could do with some more stuff, content wise.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@RHCPfan24 said:
" Giant Bomb satisfies me in many ways....*cough*....the amount of content is one of them. "

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Optiow

I don't really check the gaming stuff out anymore, I just visit the forums.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#56  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Kiemoe said:
" I'll always want more, but then again I have a lot of time on my hands. So when I'm busy it's the perfect amount. Plus, it's gotten me more involved in the forum scene, which I never have been. So I guess I'm content. "
Word.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Wolverine

I have a dream that one day they will cover film also but I doubt it.

sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By sizu
@iAmJohn said:
"@CoIin said:
"I subscribed to Gamespot.com again for E3 because they had the full streaming press conference up."
Why did you do that?  IGN and G4 had then up for free.
"

Yeah the days of subbing to a site for E3 coverage is long gone.  Thankfully also are the days of having to order E3 video tapes/DVDs from Lik-Sang:)

As for the site, well it is a small team and they pump out lots of editorial and videos.  The site isn't supposed to emulate kotaku, destructoid, joystiq etc.  It is all about the community, informed opinion from the guys, and original material.  All combined with having a laugh and some fun.  Works well for me.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Linkyshinks

No, sadly it's far from being able to do that.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By myke_tuna

Live cam in the office that is far enough away that we can't make out any preview builds, review code, etc. but close enough that we can make out who's who sounds like a good idea... right? lol. To tell you the truth I'd watch that just to see what they do from time to time. Doesn't even need sound either. They could save that for the New Giant Bomb Experience (NGBE).

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By artofwar420

Yes there's enough for me.

I see this thread as a compliment, because only when something is really good, then you start nitpicking. Someone said it's like yelling at a cute puppy because it doesn't come with a hat.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Nick

I think this website suits me just great. Sometimes I check out other sites like Gamespot or 1UP, but that's usually when I'm looking for a specific bit of information. Mostly I just browse Giantbomb, almost to the point where I'm reading/listening/watching about games more than I actually play them..

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NickL

on its own, no, but that is why i have several sites i check out daily, i have never found a site that satisfies me on its own

edit: @Nick: grr! you stole Nick and i had to settle with NickL =(

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zereta

Well, to be honest, the one thing I think Giantbomb is lacking is more mainstream updates on Video Games ala Kotaku. That's the only thing that bugs me...but yet... Its still my #1 most Fav video game site.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#65  Edited By Ferginator4k

I agree with you that things have been a bit slow since E3, But Giantbomb is the type of Video Games COverage ive been searching for for ages and im quite happy with the sites growth.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Nick
@NickL:  haha yeah, I made sure to get this name during the Giantbomb beta where they let you carry over your username when the site fully launched. Over the last 10 years this is the first time I've ever signed up for something with this name because previously it has always been taken. In the past I've been known as NickB, lol.
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By ThomasP

I am really happy with the amount of coverage. They do a lot of stuff for just four dudes. Honestly, they have stepped it up, in my opinion.

I do unserstand what you are saying. There is a lot to cover out there and some stuff is missed, though they specifically said they wouldn't cover everything and every game. I think it would be really cool if there could be a way to filter newsworthy blogs to the main page so user coverage could be seen, as well. I think a lot of users would really enjoy a system like this. It would take some moderation to assure no double coverage, but the end result would be worth it. Giving the users the opportunity to assist in writing newsworthy stories that could be linked in a a little box somewhere on the main page would be epic. This would also take some of the weight off the guys; and let them really focus on the things they want to cover. It's a win, win situation. Besides that idea, I think the wiki needs a little more attention.

That's about it for me. We all have different wants and it's hard to address everything all at once. The Bomb will evolve over time, and maybe, just maybe... they'll discover time travel.
NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By NickL
@Nick: we both win then, because this is the first time i have been able to get NickL hehe
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PercyChuggs

For what this site is, there is more than enough content.

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like the database to cover more types of stuff but yeah, It's mostly the videos and trolling the forums for me.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I wish there was more content,  but I'm happy as it is.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Lashe
@ThomasP: I actually think that idea with the community news is exactly the kind of thing that should be implemented, and that way there may be more time set aside for more of the Giantbomb antics we have come to love.
DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By DrRandle

This site satisfies me like no other site can. Deeply. Inside.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ververdan0226

I think the news has been lacking a little lately (two posts a day, come on) but that's probably due to the lulls after E3. In general though, I think I'd like to see some more opinion features and long editorial pieces. It seems that they just don't have anything to write about during a lull like this, but I agree that they should maybe "up" what they're with news and editorial on the site because the site has great personality over other sites and some awesome, awesome video features. I like the boards and I love Giant Bomb, but I do think I agree with you a little as of late.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#75  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Well I don't use GB for "gaming news", it's all about the video page and the Bombcast for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-592be1c2327fc
deactivated-592be1c2327fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could care less about video game reviews. I wish the BombSquad would concentrate on putting up content.
More Quick Looks, more podcasts, ANYTHING.

I think the video game REVIEW aspect of this site is totally overrated. Who cares, really?
They play a game hardcore for a few days, have no time to appreciate the nuance, no time to let it simmer, reflect on it, allow the community around the game to develop, just rush out a bunch of half-baked opinions that most users PROBABLY don't even read.

Get real! Let's get past this "We review games" paradigm, and MOVE ON!!!

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77  Edited By FesteringNeon

I think they do quite a bit for their team.. remember, Giant Bomb doesn't equal all of Whiskey Media.
Besides, they do alot more behind the scenes than we sometimes realize.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle
@Old_Corncob said:
 I could care less about video game reviews. I wish the BombSquad would concentrate on putting up content.More Quick Looks, more podcasts, ANYTHING. I think the video game REVIEW aspect of this site is totally overrated. Who cares, really?They play a game hardcore for a few days, have no time to appreciate the nuance, no time to let it simmer, reflect on it, allow the community around the game to develop, just rush out a bunch of half-baked opinions that most users PROBABLY don't even read.Get real! Let's get past this "We review games" paradigm, and MOVE ON!!!
Why did you feel the need to revive this thread?
B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#79  Edited By B0nd07
@A_Cute_Squirtle said:
@Old_Corncob said:
 I could care less about video game reviews. I wish the BombSquad would concentrate on putting up content.More Quick Looks, more podcasts, ANYTHING. I think the video game REVIEW aspect of this site is totally overrated. Who cares, really?They play a game hardcore for a few days, have no time to appreciate the nuance, no time to let it simmer, reflect on it, allow the community around the game to develop, just rush out a bunch of half-baked opinions that most users PROBABLY don't even read.Get real! Let's get past this "We review games" paradigm, and MOVE ON!!!
Why did you feel the need to revive this thread?
He also bumped a different thread (albeit only 1 month old) with the exact same message.
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By LiquidSwords

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch. That's the only thing this community is good for.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#82  Edited By FLStyle
@Old_Corncob: Not cool dude, how did you even find this thread? It must have been on page 30 at least.
trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#83  Edited By trace

Bumping old threads for no good reason? That's a paddling.

Also a locking.