Does Halo CE deserve the 97 overall rating on Metacritic.com?

• 72 results
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By JJOR64

At the time, yes.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#52  Edited By ArbitraryWater
@TooWalrus said:
" Yeah, it definitely deserved high ratings in 2001. "
@Chacon: I'm sorry to tell you that there have already been roughly 50 bajillion threads that are a not too subtle attack on halo. Please be original with your trolling next time.
rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By rawrz

Before Halo there was Goldeneye and Perfect Dark and thats pretty much all when it comes to great console FPS. Most people used to say FPS on consoles dont work and are crap and belong on the PC but along came Halo and totally changed every ones mind. It was pretty much the jumping off point for console FPS since its the game that caused FPS on consoles to be so popular today. Id also tend to believe it deserves a 97 since its rare to find a game that can single handidly carry an entire console for practically 3 years since without Halo the xbox woulda failed miserably.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jmrwacko

Yeah, Halo CE was probably one of the best FPS's of all time. I thought Halo 2 was a disappointment though, mostly because dual wielding wasn't very balanced and the singleplayer campaign was cut wayyyy too short, although it did make improvements with the online multiplayer. Halo 3 was what Halo 2 should have been, but Halo CE definitely takes the crown for best of the series.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jmrwacko
@Eidderf said:
" @Relys said:
" All the consolefags love Halo.  Halo:CE was good for a console shooter. "
And all the PC gamers are homophobes? "

Halo was released on consoles a year before even Battlefield 1942. The only decent shooters the PC had at that point were Half Life and Aliens v. Predators, I think. Although I will admit that BF1942 was the game that got me into PC gaming to begin with, so I'm not the most credible source with this sort of stuff.
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By guiseppe

I've never gotten what the big deal with Halo is. It's a mediocre to good FPS in my eyes.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By agentboolen

Why judge a game then is so old??? Time should not kill the score of a great game. For that Matter I still think Mario 64 is one of the best and most important games ever made! I will not compare that to whats out there either.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By IndeedCodyBrown

Metacritic Shouldn't Matter ........ But Some Developers Think So ........ I'm Sad
Chacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Chacon
@guiseppe said:
"I've never gotten what the big deal with Halo is. It's a mediocre to good FPS in my eyes. "

Hear, hear.
Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I can see why people would think Halo CE is one of the greatest games ever it made console fps what they are today but I was somewhat of a pc kid at the time so I would regard Half-Life and Counter-STrike as the greatest FPS games of all time. That being said Halo is pretty good.

Chacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Chacon
@TheSmilingDude said:
"

It deserves it score for doing FPS on consoles right, and paving the way for FPS to be succesful on consoles, but that's about the only good thing I can think of that came from the halo series. But beyond that the game itself is unremarkable, good quality, but unremarkable save for being the first fps on consoles done completely right.

"

Than that means it simply doesn't deserve that score, maybe a 70 - 80 but not a 90!
Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By Nemesis

No, but knowing the amount of Halo fanboys on this site, it is not surprising that people are saying sure. The game was pure hype, and it was the only game that was good for a long time on the Xbox. Pretty much, it was a way for Xbox fanboys to justify buying the console. There are countless FPS games on the PC, that totally destroy Halo in every way. Halo is as generic as it gets, but it also has one of the most dedicated, rabid, and blind fan-base out there. It is pure luck. They were there at the right time, and the right place, with Halo. Had it come out on any other platform, at any other time, it would be discarded as the trash that it really is. Bungie and Microsoft are probably laughing at all the idiots since it probably took no creative effort to make, and sell. Definitely not Bungie's best work by a long shot. I enjoy the game, but they compared to many other shooters, Halo is mediocre at best. 

Bungie's dogs/Halo fanboys attack!

Chacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Chacon
@Nemesis said:
"No, but knowing the amount of Halo fanboys on this site, it is not surprising that people are saying sure. The game was pure hype, and it was the only game that was good for a long time on the Xbox. Pretty much, it was a way for Xbox fanboys to justify buying the console. There are countless FPS games on the PC, that totally destroy Halo in every way. Halo is as generic as it gets, but it also has one of the most dedicated, rabid, and blind fan-base out there. It is pure luck. They were there at the right time, and the right place, with Halo. Had it come out on any other platform, at any other time, it would be discarded as the trash that it really is. Bungie and Microsoft are probably laughing at all the idiots since it probably took no creative effort to make, and sell. Definitely not Bungie's best work by a long shot. I enjoy the game, but they compared to many other shooters, Halo is mediocre at best.   Bungie's dogs/Halo fanboys attack! "

You are a fucking true gamer and everything you say is 100% fact!. 

Halo fanboys are the worst!

I love you so much that I want to have your babies . 

I'm goign to give you a huge tribute by creating a thread dedicated to you. 

Props my friend, props. 

This is the best post on this website!
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By LiquidSwords
@Nemesis said:
"No, but knowing the amount of Halo fanboys on this site, it is not surprising that people are saying sure. The game was pure hype, and it was the only game that was good for a long time on the Xbox. Pretty much, it was a way for Xbox fanboys to justify buying the console. There are countless FPS games on the PC, that totally destroy Halo in every way. Halo is as generic as it gets, but it also has one of the most dedicated, rabid, and blind fan-base out there. It is pure luck. They were there at the right time, and the right place, with Halo. Had it come out on any other platform, at any other time, it would be discarded as the trash that it really is. Bungie and Microsoft are probably laughing at all the idiots since it probably took no creative effort to make, and sell. Definitely not Bungie's best work by a long shot. I enjoy the game, but they compared to many other shooters, Halo is mediocre at best.   Bungie's dogs/Halo fanboys attack! "

Truth! Also it's a rip off of Starship Troopers.
Chacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Chacon
@LiquidSwords said:
"@Nemesis said:
Truth! Also it's a rip off of Starship Troopers. "

Thank you for supporting Nemesis and the cause man! Fuck Halo! We need to boycott Halo Reach and break every copy of it before the fratboys, consolefags, and 12 year old kids buy the game!
Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Pinkshley1

Im sure it was amazing in 2001. Its just hard to imagine.

Chacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Chacon
@Pinkshley1 said:
"Im sure it was amazing in 2001. Its just hard to imagine. "

Even for its time the game was shit! Trust me it is! 

Modern Warfare 2 > Halo! 

Fact of life fanboys! Deal with it!
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PureRok
@Chacon said:
" @Pinkshley1 said:
Even for its time the game was shit! Trust me it is!  Modern Warfare 2 > Halo!  Fact of life fanboys! Deal with it! "
Well, they both suck, so...
Chacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Chacon
@PureRok said:
" @Chacon said:
" @Pinkshley1 said:
Even for its time the game was shit! Trust me it is!  Modern Warfare 2 > Halo!  Fact of life fanboys! Deal with it! "
Well, they both suck, so... "

But Modern Warfare 2 sucks less than Halo! LOL!
Chacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Chacon

Halo fanboys are worst than Madden fanboys!    
webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By webby

Chacon.... GTFO

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers