Easter Egg

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

Edited By ahoodedfigure

I want to write more about oldschool game ecologies and what we might learn from them now, but just wanted to share this screencap I just made:

Easter Egg for all seasons

It feels a lot different when you managed to do it on your own (especially having to fight with a bat to prevent it from ruining your chance.  That microdot is hard to find if you drop it!).  

Here's a map by Maurice Molyneux on how to do it (along with some other useful tips):

No Caption Provided

And here's one place to try it out.  

My current record for level 3 difficulty with both difficulty switches on A is 783rd place under "ahooded."  Open challenge for someone to beat my time, and it won't cost you a cent.

I may be into oldschool on a nostalgia level, but I've actually got some decent replay value from this.  It's too bad I never had it as a kid; I think this and Combat are now my favorite Atari 2600 games.

Anyway, anyone particularly proud of any Easter Eggs they found, either through instructions or completely on their own?
ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I want to write more about oldschool game ecologies and what we might learn from them now, but just wanted to share this screencap I just made:

It feels a lot different when you managed to do it on your own (especially having to fight with a bat to prevent it from ruining your chance.  That microdot is hard to find if you drop it!).  

Here's a map by Maurice Molyneux on how to do it (along with some other useful tips):

No Caption Provided

And here's one place to try it out.  

My current record for level 3 difficulty with both difficulty switches on A is 783rd place under "ahooded."  Open challenge for someone to beat my time, and it won't cost you a cent.

I may be into oldschool on a nostalgia level, but I've actually got some decent replay value from this.  It's too bad I never had it as a kid; I think this and Combat are now my favorite Atari 2600 games.

Anyway, anyone particularly proud of any Easter Eggs they found, either through instructions or completely on their own?
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Just so you know. I played this for about an hour. 

I got lost. 

*whimper*

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By weegieanawrench
@eroticfishcake said:
" Just so you know. I played this for about an hour.  I got lost.  *whimper* "
Me too. It's too much.
ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ahoodedfigure
@weegieanawrench:@eroticfishcake: 
Well, A for effort, guys.  :)
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

There's a pretty good easter egg in Wizardry 8 (which is a game that I think you would probably be into.), in which you can find several "retro" dungeons that are deliberately designed to be like the old school Apple II line dungeons of yore. Basically you have to touch random hidden runes placed around level geometry, at which point you insert a weapon into another random spot of level geometry, at which point a random warp opens up and deposits you into the maze. Yeah, it's kind of obscure.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

OK, but answer me this... are there any easter eggs to be had in Jungler?

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ahoodedfigure
@ArbitraryWater:  I actually have a physical copy of Wiz 8, but I heard there was some deadly bug in there somewhere, and that I had to hunt down a patch just in case I didn't already find it, so I'm a bit reticent to get into it.  I think I'd really like that, and that retro maze thing sounds extra cool.  I hate that companies like that went out of business, I keep wanting to play an old-fashioned game like that with updated design sensibilities.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater
@ahoodedfigure said:
" @ArbitraryWater:  I actually have a physical copy of Wiz 8, but I heard there was some deadly bug in there somewhere, and that I had to hunt down a patch just in case I didn't already find it, so I'm a bit reticent to get into it.  I think I'd really like that, and that retro maze thing sounds extra cool.  I hate that companies like that went out of business, I keep wanting to play an old-fashioned game like that with updated design sensibilities. "
I take your hesitance and raise you one patch link... (It's on the sidebar. This website is the one where I found out how to get to the retro dungeon)
ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ahoodedfigure
@ArbitraryWater: gracias!