EGM: Game Over

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By super_machine

So sad to see it go. I've been a regular EGM reader since issue 18. It  was January 1991 when I first plucked it off a news stand. Back then, GI-Joe and the NES were still worthy of a cover story. I never really warmed up to the 1up network, but I still enjoyed thumbing through the mag each month. In an age of digital media, this event kind of marks an end to an era. Not just in video game coverage, but within print media itself. Good luck to all the EGM staff in future endeavors.

EGM #18, Jan 1991
EGM #18, Jan 1991

Mods: Sorry I didnt see the forum sticky when I wrote this blog post.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By super_machine

So sad to see it go. I've been a regular EGM reader since issue 18. It  was January 1991 when I first plucked it off a news stand. Back then, GI-Joe and the NES were still worthy of a cover story. I never really warmed up to the 1up network, but I still enjoyed thumbing through the mag each month. In an age of digital media, this event kind of marks an end to an era. Not just in video game coverage, but within print media itself. Good luck to all the EGM staff in future endeavors.

EGM #18, Jan 1991
EGM #18, Jan 1991

Mods: Sorry I didnt see the forum sticky when I wrote this blog post.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

As you have edited into your blog...we want all EGM/1UP discussion to stay in this thread for right now.