Fallout 3: More Fun With Bethesda!

MithrilMojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Going through my game backlog (finished up Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us) and Fallout 3 Game Of The Year Edition was next in the pile.

I've had the worst luck with Bethesda games. I was playing Oblivion on my first 360 when the screen glitched, and suddenly I had my first red ring. Got a new 360, put Oblivion back in, and it froze the system again. Never went back.

So in goes Fallout into my PS3 and the fun continues. Three lockups in one day. If I was smart, I'd stop playing, but I do love the game. I'm just hoping my PS3 survives the experience.

Anyone else playing it, or have fun Bethesda glitch stories?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fallout 3 was not known for its stability, especially on PS3. I still played a tremendous amount of that game, and enjoyed it. Was always a gamble though. Good luck, man.

Avatar image for cabrit_sans_cor
cabrit_sans_cor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got Fallout 3: GOTY on Steam, and it's straight fucked. I maybe get 5-10 minutes of playing at a time, before the game decides to freeze up and I have to force quit and start again. I eventually just said "fuck it, I'll try New Vegas." No problems with that so far.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Odd, I put about 300 hours into F3 on 360 and had zero technical issues. Same goes for Oblivion, and I had about 200 hours in that game. Seems like with Bethesda you either get a perfect experience or a shitty one.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DeathByWaffle

I loved playing Fallout 3 on the PC when it came out, but I definitely had to deal with at least one crash every time I played it. When I tried to get the first DLC, it would crash around the same point every time. So yeah, it wasn't the most stable of games, but it was great when it worked.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've had zero problems with the GOTY on PC. Well, maybe a few CTDs, but "a few" over a span of over 100 hours is nothing.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games. I just dealt with whatever weirdness occurred including lock ups (which happened to me several times) because of how terrific the experience was over such a long period of time.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be so paranoid if that happened to me. Godspeed to you and your PS3 man. Are you playing it off of a disc? Is that game available for download on the PS3 even?

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iv put at least 200hours of Fallout 3 on my ps3 and only ever had 1 freeze and it wasn't even on my ps3 at the time. I think I have had a worse time playing CounterStrike Go then I have any fallout game. I get kicked more times in CS Go randomly then FO3 & New vegas freezing combined.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the GIANT super mutants for some reason became friendly for me for about 5 real life hours.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Throughout my time with fallout 3 on my 360 it only froze twice. Lucky I guess.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had the worst luck with Bethesda games. I was playing Oblivion on my first 360 when the screen glitched, and suddenly I had my first red ring. Got a new 360, put Oblivion back in, and it froze the system again. Never went back.

Wow that's a huge bummer! My first Bethesda experience on console was Oblivion on 360 and that was absolutely magical. I got really into it and ended up getting it on PC. I don't remember having any technical issues with it on 360 at all.

I stopped buying Bethesda games on console just because the modding community on PC is so large that it definitely extends the replayability of the games. Also, from what I remember, I think Fallout 3 on PS3 had some infamous technical issues early on. I don't think they adapted the Gamebryo engine very well for that console at all, unfortunately! Good luck; hopefully they sorted out that mess so you don't end up experiencing too many problems!

MithrilMojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the best wishes on my PS3 journey! Like @adamwd says, you either get a perfect experience or a shitty one, and I seem to waver a lot towards the former. Won't stop me from playing, though. I do love the game.

Another lock up last night when I fast traveled straight into a pack of Super Mutants. Restarted. Fast traveled somewhere else, saw a bit of frame jump for awhile, then it settled down.

I did shoot a Raider, though, and his severed head rolled around in a circle and never stopped. I'm assuming it's still doing that if I went back to the body. Those kinds of glitches I love.