Father's Day Tribute

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Edited By recroulette

Today is Father's Day. If you didn't know that...SURPRISE!! That day of the year where you send dear old dad a card or a tie. 
Me, I'm kinda lucky, I can buy my dad a video game.

See, my first encounter with video games (Not counting a Street Fighter 2 machine my mother always wheeled me by at the grocery store) was when my dad bought a Sega Genesis with Altered Beast. That game scared the bejeezus out of me. But it was the first game I ever played. That was the first spark that sent me down this spiraling path of video game stuff I'm on.

As a kid, I didn't have any money, so I would have to rely on my mom or dad to buy my games. And seeing as my dad usually did all the birthday shopping while my mom was buying stuff for the house. I had to run all gift checks through him. He wouldn't let me buy any of the whimsical "fun" games out there. With your anime-like main characters and your cartoon mascots. "Buy something that's not for babies." Oh those days of torture. 

But either through sheer luck or just some kind of fatherly intuition. He has had some pretty good choices for games.
When I first got my PS1 he got me Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. That game is pretty damn good, and it was a worthy counterpart to MGS.
He also bought Resident Evil 2 and Oddworld Abe's Exoddus. All these games still rank pretty high up there on my list of games I liked.
When he actually let me pick games out for myself? I picked gems such as Gex 3, Twisted Metal 3, and the brilliant Tomorrow Never Dies.
 My first PS2 game was Tekken Tag Tournament, another great game, and my entry into 3d fighters.

Shopping for my dad is pretty easy, he likes games, but he doesn't buy a lot of them. I mean heck, this week he was replaying the Medal of Honor games for PS2.
This Father's Day I bought him NCAA Football 2009, yes 2009. I mean heck, he's been playing NCAA 2003 for the last few years. That's right, and 8 year old game.   
I mean, it's not much, but hey, it means a lot to him, and without him, I wouldn't be gaming today. I'd probably be some kind of businessman or something. Pshaw.

So, here's to all the Dads that support our gaming hobby, and even play games sometimes. 
And yes, I am pretty sure that some of you reading this are video gaming fathers. So here's to you!
Happy Father's Day!

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By recroulette

Today is Father's Day. If you didn't know that...SURPRISE!! That day of the year where you send dear old dad a card or a tie. 
Me, I'm kinda lucky, I can buy my dad a video game.

See, my first encounter with video games (Not counting a Street Fighter 2 machine my mother always wheeled me by at the grocery store) was when my dad bought a Sega Genesis with Altered Beast. That game scared the bejeezus out of me. But it was the first game I ever played. That was the first spark that sent me down this spiraling path of video game stuff I'm on.

As a kid, I didn't have any money, so I would have to rely on my mom or dad to buy my games. And seeing as my dad usually did all the birthday shopping while my mom was buying stuff for the house. I had to run all gift checks through him. He wouldn't let me buy any of the whimsical "fun" games out there. With your anime-like main characters and your cartoon mascots. "Buy something that's not for babies." Oh those days of torture. 

But either through sheer luck or just some kind of fatherly intuition. He has had some pretty good choices for games.
When I first got my PS1 he got me Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. That game is pretty damn good, and it was a worthy counterpart to MGS.
He also bought Resident Evil 2 and Oddworld Abe's Exoddus. All these games still rank pretty high up there on my list of games I liked.
When he actually let me pick games out for myself? I picked gems such as Gex 3, Twisted Metal 3, and the brilliant Tomorrow Never Dies.
 My first PS2 game was Tekken Tag Tournament, another great game, and my entry into 3d fighters.

Shopping for my dad is pretty easy, he likes games, but he doesn't buy a lot of them. I mean heck, this week he was replaying the Medal of Honor games for PS2.
This Father's Day I bought him NCAA Football 2009, yes 2009. I mean heck, he's been playing NCAA 2003 for the last few years. That's right, and 8 year old game.   
I mean, it's not much, but hey, it means a lot to him, and without him, I wouldn't be gaming today. I'd probably be some kind of businessman or something. Pshaw.

So, here's to all the Dads that support our gaming hobby, and even play games sometimes. 
And yes, I am pretty sure that some of you reading this are video gaming fathers. So here's to you!
Happy Father's Day!