Avatar image for thefrostedgamer
TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By TheFrostedGamer

The singleplayer looks great, the story is fine, and the combat is plain fun. If it's not broke, don't fix it. And they didn't. It could have been a little more challeging on medium difficulty, but it's not the type of game that loses anything being easy.

The multiplayer feels pretty average and by-the-numbers. There's lots of  wide-open spaces, and any tactical elements are just about non-existent. The "create-a-load out" (similar to that of Call of Duty 4) is not nearly as satisfying and doesn't effect gameplay drastically based on the limited amount of weapons to choose from. On a positive note: the weapons are all satisfying to use, the grenades and proximity mines are fun, and the melee system still works in appropriate situations.

I give F.e.a.r. 2: Project Origin 8 stars out of 10. It loses 2 big stars for a missed opportunity to tighten and flesh out the multiplayer. The game's very solid, but there's not enough evolution here (and the game's amazing engine definitely has room for it). On a side note: I think a tactical/swat fps (Swat 5?) would be outstanding with F.e.a.r.'s engine.

Avatar image for thefrostedgamer
TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheFrostedGamer

The singleplayer looks great, the story is fine, and the combat is plain fun. If it's not broke, don't fix it. And they didn't. It could have been a little more challeging on medium difficulty, but it's not the type of game that loses anything being easy.

The multiplayer feels pretty average and by-the-numbers. There's lots of  wide-open spaces, and any tactical elements are just about non-existent. The "create-a-load out" (similar to that of Call of Duty 4) is not nearly as satisfying and doesn't effect gameplay drastically based on the limited amount of weapons to choose from. On a positive note: the weapons are all satisfying to use, the grenades and proximity mines are fun, and the melee system still works in appropriate situations.

I give F.e.a.r. 2: Project Origin 8 stars out of 10. It loses 2 big stars for a missed opportunity to tighten and flesh out the multiplayer. The game's very solid, but there's not enough evolution here (and the game's amazing engine definitely has room for it). On a side note: I think a tactical/swat fps (Swat 5?) would be outstanding with F.e.a.r.'s engine.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Alex_V

It reminds me of the feeling I get when I'm about to sit down in front of a schlocky horror movie - I know exactly what I'm going to get, and that it will be an average-at-best experience, but it's still a decent way to waste a bit of time.