• 64 results
EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By EmuLeader

I only ever got half way through it (was borrowing a friend's playstation and game), so I would love a remake just so I can play it without terribly dated graphics. Enjoyed the time I had with it, so updated graphics would be a good way to get me back to it.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By MikkaQ

I don't really see the point. The characters and setting haven't exactly aged well. Barrett especially, jeesus.

Also Final Fantasy VII went from great to abysmally boring as soon as you left Midgar.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Nottle

I'd be all for an FF7 remake, It's not my favorite FF game, but I think it has the most interesting world. Though I believe it would be very hard to faithfully pull off at this point. I kind of like the tone of FF7, it has the same thing that the earlier games and FF9 did well, it could be extremely goofy at times but then it can have it's serious moments that were effective. I think the best thing they can do is completely forget the sequels to FF7, maybe have a little nod to Crisis Core, but thats it. The reason I say that is because FF7 was a very silly game. Cloud has like 12 different character models in FF7, he plays weird basketball and submarine minigames, he dresses up as a women to sneak into a brothel, Cloud spins his sword around after a fight in an impossible way, you have party members that are a cat on a moogle and a red tiger wolf thing. I think if they had a remake they would need to keep these weird things that allowed FF7 to have a certain charm but that would be difficult to have with realistic looking dudes.

I'd really like for the game to still have the chibi style in the overworld, but there it is uprezzed and less blocky, maybe keep the biceps. But in battles and cutscenes characters can look really good and more realistically proportioned like they were in the original. I just don't want to see bad ass Cloud jumping around the golden saucer.

Also I feel like they'd make Cloud TOO mopey. In FF7 Cloud had moments where he was a real downer and unwilling to fight, but that was much later in the game. Early on he is cocky, jokes around and is kind of an asshole, but he has an arc, he isn't "emo" the entire game. I feel like since FF7 every game Cloud has appeared in has tried to make him Squall. Does anyone else feel like Cloud kind of got over that mopeyness in FF7 because he actually became a real hero, only for the mopeyness to be brought back in Advent Children?

Fasckira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Fasckira

Ahh, FF7. The game where I used to cast the dual Knights of the Round then go off and make a cup of tea while it played through the long animation twice!

I would play a FF7 Remake but I'd be just as happy with a tidied up HD version - keep all the same graphics, content, music etc, just allow me to play in a sharper resolution and without having to jump through various OS compatibility hoops to get it working.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Elazul

What Square should do is put all of their resources into making a good new Final Fantasy game. If I wanted to re-play VII, I'd go re-play VII.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By QuistisTrepe

I'll never comprehend how such a mediocre game receives so much undue praise to go with such a rabid, devoted fanbase. I had never seen anything like it until this Mass Effect 3 ending nonsense.

Besides, don't you all think it's time for SE to start thinking outside the box? Lately, they seem to be having trouble just putting together a competent game.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Animasta

@QuistisTrepe said:

I'll never comprehend how such a mediocre game receives so much undue praise to go with such a rabid, devoted fanbase. I had never seen anything like it until this Mass Effect 3 ending nonsense.

Besides, don't you all think it's time for SE to start thinking outside the box? Lately, they seem to be having trouble just putting together a competent game.

13-2 was pretty good actually

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By egg

@Nottle said:

I'd be all for an FF7 remake, It's not my favorite FF game, but I think it has the most interesting world. Though I believe it would be very hard to faithfully pull off at this point. I kind of like the tone of FF7, it has the same thing that the earlier games and FF9 did well, it could be extremely goofy at times but then it can have it's serious moments that were effective. I think the best thing they can do is completely forget the sequels to FF7, maybe have a little nod to Crisis Core, but thats it. The reason I say that is because FF7 was a very silly game. Cloud has like 12 different character models in FF7, he plays weird basketball and submarine minigames, he dresses up as a women to sneak into a brothel, Cloud spins his sword around after a fight in an impossible way, you have party members that are a cat on a moogle and a red tiger wolf thing. I think if they had a remake they would need to keep these weird things that allowed FF7 to have a certain charm but that would be difficult to have with realistic looking dudes.

I'd really like for the game to still have the chibi style in the overworld, but there it is uprezzed and less blocky, maybe keep the biceps. But in battles and cutscenes characters can look really good and more realistically proportioned like they were in the original. I just don't want to see bad ass Cloud jumping around the golden saucer.

Also I feel like they'd make Cloud TOO mopey. In FF7 Cloud had moments where he was a real downer and unwilling to fight, but that was much later in the game. Early on he is cocky, jokes around and is kind of an asshole, but he has an arc, he isn't "emo" the entire game. I feel like since FF7 every game Cloud has appeared in has tried to make him Squall. Does anyone else feel like Cloud kind of got over that mopeyness in FF7 because he actually became a real hero, only for the mopeyness to be brought back in Advent Children?

I think realistic chars would work, and it would add personality to all the crazy stuff. It would be rather 'human' in a way.

Actually I had a range of ideas for how FF7 remake could be, including cel shaded / semi chibi style (resembling the box art for instance), or, modern FF-style realistic but with a tongue-in-cheek tone, almost God Hand like, in various places especially in minigames. (e.g. I was thinking for the tower defense minigame there would be over-the-top screams whenever you'd take out an enemy soldier using a boulder, etc) As for the wearing a dress part, I had an idea that Cloud would still wear the dress during the following boss fight in the sewer.

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By blueduck

@JasonR86 said:

People who want remakes for FF 6 and 7 remind me of those guys who well after high school is finished want to get the "old gang back together" and talk about, and relive, the glory days.

Sounds like you had a bad high school experience. Wanna talk about it?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#60  Edited By JasonR86

@blueduck said:

@JasonR86 said:

People who want remakes for FF 6 and 7 remind me of those guys who well after high school is finished want to get the "old gang back together" and talk about, and relive, the glory days.

...no. NO!!! Shut up!

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By Gabriel

@Little_Socrates said:

Also, the localization implies that Tseng is killed "I heard you did in Tseng." when it's supposed to read "I heard you beat up Tseng bad."

I was wondering why he was in Advent Children, this all makes sense now.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By Gabriel

@JasonR86 said:

@blueduck said:

@JasonR86 said:

...no. NO!!! Shut up!

Get in the stall and pull down your pants.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#63  Edited By JasonR86

@Gabriel said:

@JasonR86 said:

@blueduck said:

@JasonR86 said:

...no. NO!!! Shut up!

Get in the stall and pull down your pants.

...wait what?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By Karl_Boss

Pretty neat.