• 64 results
Elron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Elron

Most of us love Final Fantasy games because one or more of them touched us in some way. I for example will never forget the 7nth of the series (Final Fantasy VII). It was a rare game. A game that sucked you into his colorful, cartoonish 3d world with ease. All was perfect. Music, graphics, scenario, characters etc. I didn't want it to end. I had a lot of games but none like this. I remember my self ending a school day and going strait to my home with 2 friends to play the game. At the afternoon after I was forced to study (!) I played some more and after that going to bed thinking all kinds of scenarios for the next chapter of this wonderful adventure (my parents was maaaad with me at the time). This game was the reason i am still a gamer...

Newest FF games are good but not near as good as the old ones in my opinion. They are missing a secret ingredient. Something... more.

You probably wonder why i bother you with all this. The reason is a video i received from a friend. It is the work of a single fun of the game just like me featuring a imaginary remake of FFVII. Here it is:

I don't know if i will like the game looking like this more than the original but i am willing to give it a chance if SquareEnix make it happen. How about you...?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

FF7 is not that good sorry

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

I know I won't be the first to say it, but I really wouldn't want an FF7 remake. The game's good enough as it is. Besides, it'd be hard to enjoy the ending when you know that Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus are out there ruining what made the ending so good in the first place.

Elron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Elron

@Video_Game_King: You have a point there but still...

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jay444111

@Video_Game_King said:

I know I won't be the first to say it, but I really wouldn't want an FF7 remake. The game's good enough as it is. Besides, it'd be hard to enjoy the ending when you know that Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus are out there ruining what made the ending so good in the first place.

I am all for it myself. Also, even Square Enix ignore Dirges existence. However Advent Children wasn't even close to bad. I thought it was pretty damn good myself. One of the few times a video game became a movie and was actually good... made by the same company as well... no wonder it was so good.

Elron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Elron

In my opinion Dirge was a bad joke. We just forget it and go on.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By JasonR86

People who want remakes for FF 6 and 7 remind me of those guys who well after high school is finished want to get the "old gang back together" and talk about, and relive, the glory days.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Jay444111:

I'm not saying that Advent Children was bad, but that it destroyed the ambiguity that made FF7's ending so damn awesome.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By 71Ranchero

I wouldn't mind a remake but I dont want it to be a new game if that makes any sense. I would just like them to make all the environments in 3d so you can spin the camera and replace the models, animations, and textures of the characters with modern ones. Probably a UI overhaul too. The game was "fine" to begin with anyways, its just dated.

Elron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Elron

@JasonR86: Whats bad about that?

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Rebel_Scum

@JasonR86 said:

People who want remakes for FF 6 and 7 remind me of those guys who well after high school is finished want to get the "old gang back together" and talk about, and relive, the glory days.

Classic!

But they could still take my money if they did a remake.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By laserbolts

Wow that looks awesome. I think it's just a matter of time and we will get a FF7 remake. I sure hope so anyways.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mirado

@Jay444111: I guess you've never head of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within?

Just because a video game movie is made by the company that created the game doesn't automatically imply quality.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#14  Edited By Soap

The problem with remaking this game, and probably the reason they haven't touched it so far is that what everyone would want out of it now is so different yet everyone would have such high expectations because they feel so attached to it. For example I really dislike the UI and look of that video (no offence to anyone involved) because it doesn't hold very much of the old design or isn't original and different enough to not matter.

Basically what I'm saying is, it's a minefield to walk through with fans complaining left right and centre about all the things that would of been better had it been done their way, and that is me just mentioning the UI, what happens when it comes to the battle system? It's pretty archaic by today's standards but I'd have it left exactly how it is, while others who I've spoken to want something fresh and new.

As much as I've always thought I wanted a remake of this game, maybe it is just best left in the past.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jay444111

@Mirado said:

@Jay444111: I guess you've never head of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within?

Just because a video game movie is made by the company that created the game doesn't automatically imply quality.

Still, they did something daring, I will give them this on Spirits Within. However Advent Children is flat out awesome and should be a example of how to do a video game movie well.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JasonR86

@Elron said:

@JasonR86: Whats bad about that?

Case and point.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#17  Edited By Little_Socrates

Yeah, I'd just like some new graphics and a better American localization. Everything else should stay the same. The graphics are such a barrier to entry for people; I don't see why, but they should update them.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By JBG4

People if you don't like 7 or even FF then why enter a thread regarding the game. This looks very cool, by the way, I am a huge fan of 7.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JasonR86

@JBG4 said:

People if you don't like 7 or even FF then why enter a thread regarding the game. This looks very cool, by the way, I am a huge fan of 7.

I saw one comment that stated that FF7 wasn't good. Everyone else is discussing whether or not a remake is a good idea (and being a smartass if they're like me). So what exactly are you talking about? The one comment?

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Gabriel

I'd like Barrett to be more racist, and be able to pick up Cid earlier.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By landon

I have a theory that FFVII is already done and it's locked up on someones computer at the moment, and the game will be released when Square is about to go bankrupt or in need of a lot of money quickly.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 71Ranchero

@Gabriel said:

I'd like Barrett to be more racist, and be able to pick up Cid earlier.

Get the voice actor that did Big Bo and they would be golden.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mirado

@Jay444111: Yeah, daring enough to nearly sink the whole company. And Advent Children is only awesome from a fanservice perspective; not being a big fan of FF7 (full disclaimer, I think 6 is the best), I sat through it with a couple of friends and found myself pretty....bored. I didn't care about the one dimensional characters (and the movie didn't do anything to make me care) or the nonsensical plot, and the action, while....action-y, just made me wish I was playing a game instead. I'm half way there at this point, might as well just drop a controller in my lap.

I guess I'm not the target audience, but I'm constantly confused as to why people would want video game movies in the first place. As shown by TANG, they always either take far too many creative liberties with the source material (resulting in backlash from the only people who really would want to see it), or as in the case of Advent Children they stick so closely to it that you'd just rather have a new game instead. Wouldn't you rather have a AC game vs an AC movie? (I'm not saying that invalidates the movie, but that, deep down, you may just want another FF7 game. To rephrase that; if this wasn't tied into FF, would you have enjoyed it nearly as much?)

Plus, isn't the Final Fantasy series pretty close to just being a movie already? It seems like it, MGS and Xenosaga were fighting for the title of "longest stretch of non-interaction" in a video game. I'm only kind of joking; I've avoided the last few entries because each game has a thicker, more incomprehensible plot that seems to be told in longer and longer cutscenes. You can make an intricate story without making it difficult to follow.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By time allen

i don't want a remake but it'd be cool if they'd just release the pc ports of 7 and 8 on steam.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Ravenlight

@Toms115 said:

i don't want a remake but it'd be cool if they'd just release the pc ports of 7 and 8 on steam.

That would be pretty awesome, actually. Someone get gaben on the phone.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 71Ranchero

@Ravenlight said:

@Toms115 said:

From what I understand, 7 & 8 are already in the Steam database in some form but were never switched on for sale. I would imagine it has to do with EA being the publisher of the PC ports.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By time allen

@Atramentous said:

@Ravenlight said:

@Toms115 said:

From what I understand, 7 & 8 are already in the Steam database in some form but were never switched on for sale. I would imagine it has to do with EA being the publisher of the PC ports.

that's a shame. some modder somewhere could have done great things with those games.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be a difficult game to remake without having the worry of all the fans getting picky over what they wanted to see, purely because it's so loved.

Kyodra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kyodra

I remember FF7 fondly, but it hasn't really aged well, certainly worse than the SNES ones. I wouldn't want Square-Enix to make a remake with the Advent Children style semi-realistic looking characters, I much prefer the anime style in the cutscenes of the original game. That's the way I still see the characters when I think about them. I am pretty certain they will eventually do a remake, they have done so with FF3 and 4. Like those remakes this will also probably be on a portable console, it's financially less risky for them that way.

Elron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Elron

@Animasta: I totally respectfully disagree.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By egg

a remake should remove randomly triggered encounters and maybe make battle transitions faster

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Animasta

@Ravenlight said:

@Toms115 said:

they'd need a lot of work to make... work. I never even got 8 working, and 7 had a bunch of missing textures and shit (though the PC version was nice so I didn't have to grind for the final boss)

@Elron: well nostalgia is a bitch

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rebel_Scum

@Little_Socrates said:

... and a better American localization.

Eh? Its a fantasy game set in a fantasy world.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Toms115 said:

@Atramentous said:

@Ravenlight said:

@Toms115 said:

that's a shame. some modder somewhere could have done great things with those games.

Well, they've been out for quite a while, maybe not the easiest to acquire now but if someone was going to do something with them, I think it would have already been done. Also iirc, Eidos was the publisher for VII on PC, not EA.

Actually, doing a bit of research, there's totally a mod community dedicated to this game.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By 71Ranchero

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@Toms115 said:

@Atramentous said:

@Ravenlight said:

@Toms115 said:

Well, they've been out for quite a while, maybe not the easiest to acquire now but if someone was going to do something with them, I think it would have already been done. Also iirc, Eidos was the publisher for VII on PC, not EA.

Yes, good catch. At least I got the "E" correct.

Elron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Elron

@Animasta: Tell me about it!

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Rebel_Scum: I don't know about the European releases, but the American English release of the game has spelling errors such as:

"This man are sick"

"the truck have started to move"

"Beacause you are a puppet"

"If we can only defeat Sephiroth, the idea that Meteor will also dissapear is based on different objectives!"

"Cought by surprise!"

"Come on, you're a Turks!"

"Hmm, so that's how you'll fool them." to which Aeris replies, "Hmm, so that's how you fooled them" (a proper translation would read, "Looks like I need to go inside to complete my disguise." "Sure, good excuse.")

Jenova's only line in the game is a typo. Also, the localization implies that Tseng is killed "I heard you did in Tseng." when it's supposed to read "I heard you beat up Tseng bad."

It goes on and on. The PlayStation release was localized by a Japanese team, explaining most of the errors. Unfortunately, the PSN release wasn't relocalized, so the script is just as broken.

Elron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Elron

Those are minor problems i think. But problems nevertheless.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dan_CiTi

All I know Crisis Core was fucking awesome. More games like that wouldn't be so bad. I don't understand how they did that game so well but fumbled on Dirge so bad. A remake of 7? Maybe...the game has not aged well graphically or on the level of the interface, even FF9 is sooo much better on those fronts. The game itself is fun still. FF6 is fine, at best it needs to the treatment 1 & 2 got on the PSP, but now on the Vita.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rebel_Scum

@Little_Socrates: Traditionally NZ gets European releases if I'm not mistaken (I could elaborate on that but thats off-topic) because we don't support NTSC. Some of those seem familiar though.

I thought "Because you are a puppet" was in context and not really an error in translation.

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Rebel_Scum: The first "a" shows up in the "Beacause" though. That's not a word.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

FF9 for life brother, nothing else matters.

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By SquirrelGOD

People need to stop asking for damn remakes. It's not like they're going to magically pull together the old teams that made those games awesome. You know who would make the FFVII remake? The people that make the current shitty FF games. Besides, FFVII was pretty bad.

Elron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Elron

@SquirrelGOD: The game that shook the game community at the time bad? I don't think so.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Leptok
@JasonR86

Not really, I know its not a perfect game, but I would say its the best jrpg. The characters weren't quite so cliche.

Is like to see a HD version, but not a remake.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Animasta

@Leptok said:

@JasonR86

Not really, I know its not a perfect game, but I would say its the best jrpg. The characters weren't quite so cliche. Is like to see a HD version, but not a remake.

They are all pretty much MAD cliche dog.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JasonR86

@Leptok said:

@JasonR86

Not really, I know its not a perfect game, but I would say its the best jrpg. The characters weren't quite so cliche. Is like to see a HD version, but not a remake.

How does what you said disprove what I said?

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rebel_Scum

@Little_Socrates: Ahh, wasn't in my version. Yay PAL 50Hz!

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Omega

@Irvandus said:

FF9 for life brother, nothing else matters.

Dude, yes! Truer words have never been spoken.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By Seroth

The only bad thing that would come from a remake of the game would be all the retconning they'd have to do to include all that extra BS that was introduced with "Compilation of FFVII." They'd go about making Cloud more emo and shoving in characters like Genesis and Angeal and all those new Turks.

All I really want from an FF7 remake is better graphics, cleaner UI, better translation, and analog control.