Final Fantasy XIII 360 Comes On Three Discs

Ninjakid7396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Ninjakid7396

Its Official just thought I would let you guys know Article can be read Here.

Any thoughts but more importantly which version are you getting?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

I don't care about multiple discs, oh noes, I gotta get up for a second and change a disc!

Anyway, I'm probably going to get it for PS3.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Cornman89

No surprises here.

And I'm getting neither version. But if I did, it'd be for 360 since that's what I have.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Rayfield

HOW DARE THEY DEMAND I CHANGE DISCS TWICE IN A 100+ HOUR GAME SQUARE ENIX AND MICROSOFT MIGHT AS WELL JUST SHOUT DI DI MAO IN MY FACE
HOW DARE THEY DEMAND I CHANGE DISCS TWICE IN A 100+ HOUR GAME SQUARE ENIX AND MICROSOFT MIGHT AS WELL JUST SHOUT DI DI MAO IN MY FACE
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Getting the 360 version. Love multiple disc games... makes you feel like you're getting somewhere everytime you change the disc! Can't wait.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZenaxPure

If I have a PS3 by the time of launch (fingers crossed) I will be getting both versions, if not then just the 360 version. No surprise the 360 version is on multiple discs, though I do find it rather surprising it is on less discs than Lost Odyssey was.

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Turtlemayor333

I think for multi console owners, three discs could be a potential reason to buy the other platform. Generally it's just a toss up anyway for single player games, except in rare cases like Bayonetta. I mean I bought the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum for the joker challenge room thing and haven't even played that part of the game yet. 

But yeah, this was expected and shouldn't really matter.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sopranosfan

That's O.K. I own all the seasons of Lost and Sopranos and I have to change the discs with those as well.  Sometimes when I switch between games I have to switch discs as well.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pazy

While I dont really plan on getting either version, since although I have a general like for Final Fantasy nothing about XIII has appealed to me as of yet but it could, If I was getting I would decide based on whether any of my friends would want to play it. If anyone close to me was going to play it id get the Xbox 360 version since I could let people borrow it after words, no one I know has a PS3, and once I get to Disk 2 I could give away disk 1 (or at least I assume, I would hate to put have to put in Disk 1 to load Disk 2) to let someone else play it while im still playing. If not id probably get it for PS3 since I lack any RPG's on my PS3 currently.

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Zaapp1

I appreciate that the PS3 can put all three onto one disc, and I hope that the 360 will incorporate blu-ray or whatever the standard becomes by the next iteration.  I'm still going to get it on the 360 since it's my preferred platform, even after my ME2 "insert-disc-1-to-bone" occurrence.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

PS3, but I don't have a 360 anyway so yeah  

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By ch13696
@RiddleBrother said:
" I'm getting the 360 version, because i want to play this game, and frankly don't give a damn that I will have to put in a disc once every ten hours or so. No one bitched about FFVII because you had to change discs, and the only people bitching about it now are self aggrandizing ps3 fan-boys. If you've only got an xbox, then this version, assuming it's not massively broken a la bayonetta on the ps3, will suffice. I'm just thankful that I'll even be able to play it, as a single-player FF game has never come to the xbox before, and while there are many games out exclusively on the ps3 that make me want to buy one, this isn't one of those. "
Wait. I'm lost. How are PS3 fanboys bitchin? The 3 disc version is only on 360.  

Anyways I'm getting both. The PS3 because my friend is gonna want to borrow it. And the 360 version because multiple discs do feel good.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By rjayb89

Not that I like the game as much as some people do, but you had to change discs multiple times with Final Fantasy VII.  Didn't bother me since it was a great game.  Some people are just going way overboard about the changing discs.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By K0rN
@xyzygy said:
"Getting the 360 version. Love multiple disc games... makes you feel like you're getting somewhere everytime you change the disc! Can't wait. "

That's one way of putting it. 

I will be getting the PS3 version myself because I don't want to change disks and have compressed audio. Plus it would be more nostalgic to the series.
Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Eelcire

The only thing I care about pertaining to multiple discs is what type of DVD case S-E will use. Hopefully they'll spend the extra few pennies needed to get a proper DVD case for 3 discs.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By TheHBK

Though i don't mind multiple discs and think this is really a non issue, why does this game have 3 discs?  I dont see it in the gameplay and graphics.  Seems like there are games out there that seem bigger than this and yet still fit on a DVD.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ZenaxPure
@Eelcire said:
" The only thing I care about pertaining to multiple discs is what type of DVD case S-E will use. Hopefully they'll spend the extra few pennies needed to get a proper DVD case for 3 discs. "
For sure, once again going back to Lost Odyssey, the packaging fucking sucked hardcore. SE however, I can't see letting something like that happen.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MikkaQ

Great, now I gotta pick between one disc, or achievements. 

Oh wait! 3rd option: 

I won't buy this game till Squeenix gets their shit together and gets with the times. This game looks like it's coming right outta 2000 (not visually, but gameplay, story, design elements).